Going rate for BLT

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by tanjiers, Nov 22, 2013.

1. tanjiers

tanjiers Earning My Ears

Was looking for some info on a BLT resale as to what would be the lowest you would offer on a resale for a contract of 160 points????? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated since I am very interested in buying at that resort

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. JessLCH

JessLCH DIS Veteran

Check out the "NEW ROFR LIST...." thread below and that should give you an idea of some recent sale prices. We just bought into BLT resale in August and are also in ROFR on another contract there. Great choice.

4. LorieDisneyLover

LorieDisneyLover DIS Veteran

We just purchased at BLT also.

We signed a contract 7/27th and closed in late September. 160 points, February UY and paid $98 a point … but it had 96 points from 2013 and we did NOT have to pay MF on those.

Our second contract was signed on 9/7 and closed at the end of October and we paid $103 a point, it was a 210 point contract, loaded with 2013 points, and 25 banked points from 2012 … hence the reason we paid a little more for it.

5. lawboy2001

lawboy2001 Soon to be DVCer

I wouldn't offer any less than $90 I don't think, with the aim to end up somewhere in the mid $90s, such as $95. I bought in July at $98, but I think I opened a bit high, and could have had the contract for a few dollars less...

6. DisneyDenis

DisneyDenis Mouseketeer

Do NOT ignore the difference between loaded and stripped contracts. A fully loaded contract is worth $10 pp above a fully stripped contract IMO.

7. GiantsNiners11

GiantsNiners11 DVC Pro

Check ROFR thread. Bargains in the $80s/90s? Avg is a bit more than that.

8. kgeary

kgeary Earning My Ears

We got a deal of a fully loaded contract for $80 a point on 160 points. Orginally I agreed with them at $75 but I decided to up it to $80 in hopes of Disney not taking the ROFR. Was still nervous but they passed.

If you are patient (which is really hard with this) then there is no harm in making a lower offer.

9. JessLCH

JessLCH DIS Veteran

We lost a contract over the summer for bidding too low. Disney took back our first attempt at BLT priced at $85 per point.

10. samfsu

samfsu Earning My Ears

There is no rhyme or reason (that we know of) why they ROFR some and not others.

We just passed ROFR on 250 SSR points at $60/pt. Another person had their's taken in ROFR one day earlier for 250 SSR points at $65/pt. The only difference was the use years. Oh and my contract was fully loaded with some 2012 point and all 2013. Theirs was not.

Just my $.02.

11. asifeh125

asifeh125 Earning My Ears

What's rofr

12. Msmithmd

Msmithmd DIS Veteran

Right of first refusal- Disney's option to step in and buy a resale contract if they feel the price negotiated is too low.

13. dundey

dundey Mouseketeer

Our BLT 100 point contract was sent to Disney for ROFR today!
    Lets hope it goes through!!

14. DVC Dude

DVC Dude Disney World Rocks!

On the surface, that may be true, but price is not the only factor in determining ROFR.

ROFR is based on location, points size, use year, banked points, and DEMAND from a current request.

Thus, you can buy VB for $35pp and it will probably pass ROFR and that is a low price without much demand.

There is no 100% accurate prediction of ROFR, just find what you want and make an offer.