Going May 31st-June 4th, 2012 stay on WDW or off?

What budget point did you have in mind? There are all levels of rates available on and around WDW. The host hotel will be jammed, and probably not offer any specials.

Hotel Plaza Blvd is the location for many on property, but not Disney owned resorts. They sometimes have lesser rates than Disney.

Pop Century and the All Stars resorts are the most budget friendly of the Disney owned onsite resorts.

Some people find it more cost effective and comfortable to rent a house.

Will you have your own transport?

In addition to the questions that Wally asked, I'd also add the questions of how many are in your party, and what are their ages?

In general, I prefer to stay on-property versus off-property, but YMMV depending on what exactly you want to do while you're there.

I've never stayed on property so can't say how that is, but staying in one of the Downtown Disney hotels is very close to the parks and costs a fair amount less. We usually stay at the Buena Vista Palace which is directly across the street from Downtown. Good shuttle service to all the parks.

We are Disney fanatics, and we love staying on property ---wouldn't consider it any other way. So, if you are the same - stay on property. As you can see in my ticker, we'll be at CSR this year.

However, the room sale just ended, so you'll be paying rack rate as of this moment. You would likely do better price wise off property, and as the PP posted noted, there are a few place around the Downtown Disney area.

If you want a super budget hotel and don't mind missing out on all the Disney magic at there hotels I'd book my hotel and air ticket on Expedia or cheaptickets and find a hotel with shuttle service to the parks with a two person share you can find a decent place for around $530 per person for about 6-7 days [yQUOTE=LasOlas;44198462]any ideas where to book or hotels?[/QUOTE]

Hey Las Olas. With a name like that I would guess you are from FTL like me. I have been to Gay Days twice. 2012 will be my third time. Staying off grounds 6/2 to 6/5. Could not get in to DoubleTree Host hotel (Male wing sold out) so staying close by. This time at Extended Stay Deluxe on Westwood Blvd. Next door to or about a block from HH. Room with full kitchen plus pool and free cont bkfst. Good rate online at $60/night (although now I think they are charging about $85). Not the best but I am taking my dog so needed a place that takes pets. Would like to avoid Disney parks this trip and just attend Gay Days activities (dances, pool parties, maybe P-House). Does anyone know if you need exact change (coins) to ride the I-Drive shuttle? Hate to drive back to hotel after "liquid parties".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter