Going Jan 19-22...A Couple of Questions

triplejoy

Earning My Ears
My wife and I just realized that we have a free weekend in January (our 3 kids will be away for 3 days), and we have decided to go to WDW.

*Is there anything going on during this weekend that we need to know about (ie: marathon or football weekend)?
*I think this should be a failry light crowd weekend...am I mistaken?
*Anything else I should know - like big rides taht are closed, etc?

Thanks for any information!

Rick (triplejoy)

We have been around these times in the past, it has been a good time. It can get cold, so watch the weather.

we'll be there that weekend. Our schools semester break is over that weekend, so we expect to see others from our school system there. The marathon is two weeks early; the heavy crowds fromMLK weekend should be gone, so I am looking forward to light crowds.

According to the WDW site, Splash Mtn is closed until the 27th. RNR is closed until the 21st, so hopefully you could hit that on your last day. And Rio de Tiempo in Mexico in Epcot will be closed, and Typhoon Lagoon will be closed as well if you're considering a waterpark. Think that's all the majors!

Thank you all for the information. We will watch the weather forecast...hope to see some other Dis'ers there.

We will be there for our dd's gymnastics competition. The crowds are usually great and the weather last year was really warm. I hope it is the same for this year. :sunny:

triplejoy - My husband and I are going for the same dates for a mom and dad weekend. We went last January, but a week earlier which was MLK weekend. It was even busier and colder than I expected but we had fun. We're hoping it won't be as crowded and cold this year. Have a fun trip!

Lotusphere starts that weekend. It is an IBM conference at the Swan/Dolphin and Beach/Yacht Club. It starts on the 21st and goes through the 25th. My DH got chosen to go to it this year (yea!!) so we are doing a quick trip and staying at the Beach Club!

We will be there January 15-January 28. There is a Pirate & Princess Party on the night of the 22nd, we will be there!! Can't wait!!

Looks like there are several NC'ers headed down then. We will be there the 20-27. DS has a 2 day break from school that week too.

Yeah, we love that 2 day Semester break in January!! Happy to see that lots of NC'ers will be there with me!! Happy Planning...

The HUGE PGA Show gets into town after you leave (Jan 24th) so you're safe from the golfers :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter