Going in Sept? Share your plans!!

So - has anyone done this yet? What benefit is there? Do you get to pick rooms? Can you put in a room request? Do you get confirmation of special requests (i.e. pack 'n play)? Do you know your actual room number?

Just curious!

I was wondering the same thing... does anyone know the benefits?

I have not done this yet but I have read about it. From what I understand the main benefit is that you will not have to stand inline at the main check in desk when you get there. It's supposed to save time. I think that you can put in a room request for like a fridge, baby bed and things like that but it is limited. You will not know your room number until you get there. Also, I read that they still sometimes offer upgrades to those who check in online & walk up so you still may have a chance of getting one. (like that would ever happen to me:rotfl2:)

I just found this post and had to put our schedule down! We are going 9/19 - 9/26 and we are staying in our "house on wheels" at Fort Wilderness campground. We don't get the free dining but we did choose that option since this will be our 1st time. :woohoo:

Saturday
Arrive
Chip -n- Dale Campground
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday
Disney Studios
ADR for Ohana @ 9pm (I know, that's really late)
Monday
MK
ADR for Chef Mickey's
Tuesday
DS (4) CBR Pirate Cruise (he is more excited about this than anything)
ADR for CP @ 4:25
MNSSHP (I am more excited about this than anything)
Wednesday
Epcot
ADR for Garden Grill
Thursday
Animal Kingdom
ADR for Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Friday
Beach
ADR for Donald's Safari
Saturday
Depart

I am so ready to pack but I'm not letting myself start this early or it will seem like forever until we leave! Anyone have any suggestions?

~Ashlee

I just found this post and had to put our schedule down! We are going 9/19 - 9/26 and we are staying in our "house on wheels" at Fort Wilderness campground. We don't get the free dining but we did choose that option since this will be our 1st time. :woohoo:

I am so ready to pack but I'm not letting myself start this early or it will seem like forever until we leave! Anyone have any suggestions?

~Ashlee
Congratulations on your trip!! I hope you have a wonderful time. :goodvibes

I am so excited - I can't wait! :yay:We are going Sept. 27 - Oct. 2 free dining staying at POR - so less than 30 days now!! How do you get through the last month???:eek: I have made the t shirts, made the notes, read the guides, listened to the pod casts, made the Adrs, listened to the WDW radio, surfed the boards, - and driven my friends crazy with all my Disney love!:rotfl:

Anyway - I am planning to do online check in - just to avoid any lines - we will be taking ME - but glad to hear online folks are getting upgrades too! Either way we will be doing this - :woohoo: and this is how I feel these days :goodvibes!!

I am super excited too! :banana: Only 22 days until we are there!
We are going Sept 21-27 for our 1st wedding anniversary. We had our honeymoon at ASSp last year. This year we are at ASMo. Can't wait to see it. Of course I would take an upgrade if it is given. :cutie:
Here's our plans:

Mon - flight
MK - 6:15 at Diamond Horseshoe
Tue - DHS - 6:10 Hollywood & Vine
Wed - AK - 4:10 Tusker House
Thu - Epcot - 12:10 Chefs de France
Dinner - 9:15 WCC
Fri - breakfast Kona - 10:10
MK - 8:00 The Wave
Sat - Epcot -
lunch San Angel Inn - 12:20
3:00 Behind the Seeds Tour
7:35 Biergarten
(why I made our last day our busiest I don't know!)
Sun - flight home
nothing planned, just relaxing

We got DME both ways, not getting car.
Just want to say again how excited I am! :thumbsup2

We are going 9/19-9/26 staying at BWV. We plan our days to avoid EMH.

Sat/9-19: Will be arriving checking in and then go eat and hit the park, MK, Kona Cafe' 11am

Sun/9-20: DHS, Sci-fi 11am

Mon/9-21: Blizzard Beach in the morning and then Epcot later, Coral Reef 7:00pm

Tues/9-22: MK, Ohanas 8:40pm (Spending the day with My Aunt, Cousin and their two DD 10 and 9, will their first time at WDW)

WED/9-23: AK and DTD, Plant Hollywood 6pm

Thurs/9-24: Epcot, La Celliar 2:10pm

Fri/9-25: DHS, Mama Melrose 5:15pm

Sat/9-26: Go Home :sad1:

We are getting ready for our first trip to WDW ever!!!:yay:
I couldn't decide on one resort so we are doing a split-stay: 3 nights at AKL CL and then 5 nights at the Poly GV CL.

9/12 arrive AKL around 7 PM.
9/13 Sunrise Safari and Boma dinner
9/14 DHS Sci-Fi lunch
9/15 transfer to the Poly, Crystal Palace lunch and MNSSHP!
9/16 Blizzard Beach?? Dinner at Kona Cafe
9/17 Epcot then T-Rex dinner and La Nouba
9/18 Epcot Coral Reef lunch
9/19 MK Plaza Restaurant lunch
9/20 Kona Cafe breakfast and off to Port Canaveral for a "Wonder-ful" 4 night cruise!:boat:
9/24 Leave the ship...
At this point my daughters think we are heading straight to the airport but I have a limo taking us to the Hard Rock Hotel for 2 more nights!! :ssst: DH knows we are heading somewhere other than MCO but he doesn't know where we are going either.
This is by far our biggest and longest vacation ever but since we are flying from Los Angeles I figured we would see and do as much as we could!
I could never had made all of these plans without all you DISers sharing your hints, experiences, tips, trip reports, photos, etc....so Thank You!:worship:

Less than 2 weeks!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

...we'll arrive at WDW at 10am!! Two weeks from RIGHT NOW, we plan to be riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad during the extra magic hours -- YAHOOO!!

I am so excited - I can't wait! :yay:We are going Sept. 27 - Oct. 2 free dining staying at POR - so less than 30 days now!!

We're staying at POR too (9/12 thru 9/18) -- first time there and super excited. LOVED the Wilderness Lodge last September. (Maybe we'll work our way through the resorts...good excuse to keep going back...hahaha!)

I...CAN...HARDLY...WAIT...!!! :woohoo:

I think you and I are neck and neck! SIX DAYS! Let's go to Disney NEXT WEEK!

...we'll arrive at WDW at 10am!! Two weeks from RIGHT NOW, we plan to be riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad during the extra magic hours -- YAHOOO!!

We're staying at POR too (9/12 thru 9/18) -- first time there and super excited. LOVED the Wilderness Lodge last September. (Maybe we'll work our way through the resorts...good excuse to keep going back...hahaha!)

:woohoo: I am just as excited!!! I can hardly wait to hit the road and get the heck out of this place. We are leaving on the 10th to head down but we check into POR on the 11th. We will be there until the 20th. :dance3: I am sooooo excited about this trip. My BFF and her girls are coming too, and this is their first trip so it should be GREAT!! :cool1:

10 Days and counting down!! :cool1:

I am really late getting to this thread but We are leaving in 3 days!!!!! I am so excited! This will be our first family trip to Disney! I am so thankful for these boards, I've learned so much!

Dates of Trip: 9/3-9/8

Resort: All Star Movies

Thursday 9/3:
Magic Kingdom
Dinner at O'hana 9:45pm (yes this is really late but we are thinking we are going to take a nap mid day)

Friday 9/4:
Epcot
Dinner @ Le Celluir 7:20pm

Saturday 9/5:
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare 11:05am
Wishes Dessert Party 9:00pm

Sunday 9/6:
Disney Studios
Lunch @ 50's Prime Time
Fantasmic 10pm

Monday 9/7:
Animal Kingdom
Dinner @ Tusker House 4:20pm

Tuesday 9/8:
Open Day

:cheer2: Only 3 More Days!!!!!! :cheer2:

~Ashlee

Go ahead and start packing . . . I have been packing for a month. I set aside the toiletries, buy new toothbrushes, etc. What you can't physically pack - pack that on paper. I find that starting early you have more time to realize what you forgot and what you really don't need after all.

If you are only going to Epcot for one day, avoid spending too much time in the Innoventions buildings. They come up right after Spaceship Earth and have things in it you can find in a local science center. During our first trip we looked at every little thing in there . . . then realized how much was on the other side! :eek:

I am super excited too! :banana: Only 22 days until we are there!
Sat - Epcot -
lunch San Angel Inn - 12:20
3:00 Behind the Seeds Tour
7:35 Biergarten
(why I made our last day our busiest I don't know!)

We got DME both ways, not getting car.
Just want to say again how excited I am! :thumbsup2

I heard that "Living with the Land" will be closed in Sept - I assume that Behind the Seeds Tour would be also. :headache: I really wanted to do both!

I heard that "Living with the Land" will be closed in Sept - I assume that Behind the Seeds Tour would be also. :headache: I really wanted to do both!

Actually...from what I've heard, the Tour will still be available during the ride closing.

Me too! We are Sept 13th - 21st. My brother and his family (Indiana) might be on your plane! They are arriving the same time. Are you flying Airtran?

Leaving in 23 days and 1 hour from right now!!!! :cool1: :cheer2: :banana:

Staying 6 nights at Coronado Springs (first time at this resort)

The cast of characters: Me, DH, DD (turning 6), Mom, Dad, Sis, BIL - all certified Disney Maniacs. It's going to be great!

DD (24) & I - Pop from 9/26 to 9/30 (WAAAAY to short!!)

Sat: Arrive MCO 11:15 - ME to POP

Epcot as soon as we can get there! Either F & FW or Sunshine for lunch. Dinner @ 6:50 The Wave. Walk to MK for whatever we can do until 10PM close.

Sun: AK (I'll get up early & do the Safari & animal trails). Lunch when DD shows up. Dinner @ Yak & Yeti then MK for PM EMH til 11PM.

Mon: I'll get up early(see the pattern?) & do some shopping at MK then meet DD at Epcot for noshing around the world!!! Dinner at Rose & Crown for a great view of Illuminations! Then PM EMH til mignight.

Tues: My B-day!!! Both up semi-early (means before 10AM for DD) & DHS for the day. Fantasmic pkg at Brown Derby for the 8PM showing. Boardwalk after Fantasmic for drinks at ESPN Zone.

Wed: DTD for a little shopping & food for the airport from Earl of Sandwich. ME to MCO 2:15ish:sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter