• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going in October!

AirForce Wife

Mouseketeer
Im excited just booked our Hotel for Halloween weekend! Who else is going? Now trying to decide if we want to do the halloween part. I have been before, just don't know if I think it is worth it.

We are going to California the week of Halloween but are doing our DL days 10/24 - 10/28. We enjoyed the Halloween party at WDW so we are definitely doing the DL version. I haven't been to DL in 20 years and my wife and kids have never been.

We did the party a couple of years ago on our first DLR trip and it was a lot of fun. We did not get dressed up but it was cool to see others in costumes. Tons of characters around, very few lines, tons of candy. This year we are going back and planning on attending the party again - this year we will do some sort of costume!

I went about eight years ago to the DL Halloween party and tickets were only about 30 which I thought was doable...im scared to see what they will be this year! We are going 10/29 and 10/30. We are giving the Stanford Inn and Suites a try, a little further than we usually stay but..heated pool for the kids and free expanded breakfast. Plus the room has 2 Queens, 2 Bathrooms and A bunkbed, and the price was reasonable.

I went about eight years ago to the DL Halloween party and tickets were only about 30 which I thought was doable...im scared to see what they will be this year! We are going 10/29 and 10/30. We are giving the Stanford Inn and Suites a try, a little further than we usually stay but..heated pool for the kids and free expanded breakfast. Plus the room has 2 Queens, 2 Bathrooms and A bunkbed, and the price was reasonable.

We'll post any news and updates about Halloween Time and about Mickey's Halloween party in the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread! Stay tuned. We've already been discussing the rumors of how things could play out this year in regards to the 60th anniversary events, but no one is sure of what will happen.

In this post - http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ut-halloween-time-2015.3270919/#post-51326916 - see Question #8. That will show you exactly how much the tickets for the party cost for each party night in 2014 (some prices were different on different nights). That means that the tickets will be at least that much money -- and most likely even more expensive -- in 2015, assuming the party remains in Disneyland. On party nights that are only within a couple of days of Halloween, the discounts generally disappear or they are not too substantial.

I would expect that, this year, there could be a party on both Friday, 10/30 and on Saturday, 10/31, but I'm not sure about 10/29.

We are heading to DL in October too. We'll be there Sunday 4th through to Friday 9th after spending 9 nights in Santa Monica and travelling around LA, Santa Monica & Malibu. There are 4 of us, my sons will be 2 and 8. This will be our first visit and the first long plane journey for the little one - he was fine flying to Australia last year which was 3.5 hours but this time its over 12 hours so its going to be interesting! His big brother is well travelled so he'll be fine.

My plan right now is to get a 5 day park hopper and I was planning to go into DL on Sunday evening so we can see Fantasmic & Fireworks ( was going to get BB dining package so we can get decent seats without having to wait in line with a toddler for too long plus we won't be there until later in the day for general FPs anyway). And then get MHP tickets for the Wednesday so we can spend that day doing something else and then go in to the park later. That way we visit the parks every day of our 6 days in Anaheim and I can get the discounted 5 day hoppers through US websites which will be slightly cheaper than a 10 day ticket from an NZ travel agent and we would have done the MHP anyway.

We are currently booked into a bunk bed room at HoJos but waiting for more details on the new Marriott Waterpark hotel to come out as I might swap over to there.

We're going in October as well. We'll be in California from the 2nd to the 9th. First time visiting DLR! Can't wait!

October is our month too :cheer2: Our first time back to DL in 10 years, this time with kids :goodvibes I can't wait! We check in to VGC on the 19th of Oct for 4 nights, then over to Hojo's for 6 nights. We got 10 day passes which Aus & NZ can get and I am planning to make good use of it! I am not sure about the Halloween party too. We are stopping at Aulani on our way home and we will be doing Halloween there, they do a great party for its guests and trick or treating as well as crafts and pumpkin decorating.

We're going in Oct as well sometime during the 18-25. I'm still trying to decide how many days and how badly I want to see fantasmic with 2 toddlers.

I'm still debating about the night shows too. Mine are 4 and 7 but not too interested in those shows, and they still don't sit still at all.
I was planning on a MHP but now I think we're going to skip it. Both kids want to go to legoland and the zoo, so instead of driving back and forth 2 separate days, we're just going to leave on thursday and stay at the LL hotel for a couple days.

DD has fall break for just a week so our days aren't flexible.

We'll be there October 1-3 after cruising on the Disney Wonder from Vancouver to San Diego (taking Amtrak up to Anaheim)!

We'll also be there in Oct. 18-23. Plan on attending the Halloween party. We went in 2013 and enjoyed it

I stayed at the Stanford Inn and Suites in December with my party and we enjoyed the hotel just fine! The rooms were big and breakfast was decent (standard continental breakfast fare), and there is an ART stop right next door that only takes about 10 minutes to get you to the gates.

How is everyone doing with their planning?

Booked my flight! Woohoo! Also picked up legoland tickets because i had a kid free coupon that was about to expire. Still need to buy DL tickets. I'm waiting for the schedule to see if we need hoppers or not. We typically stick to one park a day but with early closures for MHP, we may have to hop over to the other park just to get our full 5 days

We are going to be in LA visiting family, so DH and I decided to go to take DS to see Mickey first:flower1:

I am not planning to go to the Halloween party, since it make the day way too long, and I didn't think our son will enjoy it if he is tired. But will there be anything for a toddler to make it worth the extra money?

Does anyone know when they will release the Halloween Party dates? DH and I will be there 9/28-10/3.

Does anyone know when they will release the Halloween Party dates? DH and I will be there 9/28-10/3.

Probably late June or early July -- it depends on if there are any significant changes to the party this year, which could warrant an early announcement. Stay tuned to the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread for all of that into. We will post the dates there as soon as they come out, and we will discuss any and all rumors and news about the party there as well.

Hey everyone! We'll be there the 21st and looking forward to Halloween Party details. Hoping they keep the usual stuff (despite it being the 60th anniversary). Hope they don't skip it entirely. Already booked our room onsite and are AP holders so hoping they release some specials.

We are going to be in LA visiting family, so DH and I decided to go to take DS to see Mickey first:flower1:

I am not planning to go to the Halloween party, since it make the day way too long, and I didn't think our son will enjoy it if he is tired. But will there be anything for a toddler to make it worth the extra money?

We took our toddler last year and he LOVED IT. It's just good family fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter