Going in October..too early to plan?

TinkerbelleAbbysMom

Mommy of a Prince and Princess
Just realized today that thanks to Uncle Sam, we are going to take DD3 for her 4th bday! I know I can't make adrs yet. But how early do you all start thinking of planning your days as far as where to eat and which parks to be in? If I am going October 21-27th I can start ADRs 180 days out right? So that would be around april 26th? Also is the 180 days from the start of your trip or the actual day you are trying to reserve?:banana::banana::banana::dance3::banana::banana:

I'd probably start about 1-2 weeks before you have to make your ADRs. I think starting any earlier than that will just make you crazy and second guess yourself, but that's just my opinion. ADRs are 180 days now, and with your dates you can start April 24th. Are you staying onsite? If you so, then you can make your ADRs for April 24th plus 10 days. If not, then you will have to wait for the 180 day more for each individual day (April 24th for October 21st, April 25th for October 22nd, etc). Hope that helped :)

Well, I'm probably the nutty one, but we have ressies for AKV for December and I already have our preferred ADRs picked out AND the days we want them for AND the parks we plan to visit. And, yes I know, I can't call them in until June! But we have 2 grown DDs going and I wanted to get them started thinking about menus, preferences, locations, and stuff. Obsessive? Who, me? :rotfl:

I know I'm goofy:goofy: but I start planning the day we decide to go. Even if it is two year away!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

We are also going Oct. Staying from 19-26. I have made tentative daily plans dependant of park hours of course and have done 3-4 different dining schedules already so no it is never too early to plan.

lol...you're asking the wrong people here...

Umm...I've been planning since the last trip. As a matter of fact...while we were there I was saying" ohh next time we should eat here"

We're also going Oct ...although early Oct and I started making my list of tentative restaurants. Waiting for park hours and dates for MNSSHP to schedule exactly where.

I've been researching all the restaurants to pick our ADR's for our October trip. I started the day we booked in January!! :)

Awesome... thanks to all!! as it gets closer, guess we should think about a Dis meet. Where are you all staying? We are hoping to get POP. My mom is a Hilton Employee so when we went in Sept last year, we stayed at the dbletree and spent the same for 5 nights that we were going to spend on 3 at CSR. Trying to tell myself it is so worth the extra money to stay on proerty for the bus system. We spent too much time traveling btwn hotel and parks b/c we had to make multiple stops btwn all the other DTD hotels.

We're going Oct 13. I'm starting to stress about what park we'll go to on our first day. I keep working out different scenarios, but nothing can be decided until the schedule comes out.(How can Disney keep us in suspense for so long?popcorn::)

So I've turned my attention to food. I've already made a list of all the places I want to eat. Now I just have to add another week to our stay so I can eat at all of them.:laughing:

Going in October? of course it's time to start planning ADRs.

We will also be there in October, staying at WL the 19th-27th. Like others have said its never to early:thumbsup2 My wife and I have already made a couple lists/schedules for possible adr's and park days. Planning is half the fun.

DisDad I totally agree! Planning is half the fun! I decided last night to make a list of all the places we would want to eat. I figure that will also help us figure out if the DDP is worth the money. At least, that's gonna be my excuse!! :lmao:

I have just started thinking about a possible trip in Oct too! :goodvibes I haven't told my family about it yet though. :rolleyes1 Anyway, I do not think it is too early to begin planning. What I tend to do this far out is just make a list of restaurants we know we want to include in our trip, and things we might want to do (i.e., mini golf, Cirque du Soleil, MNSSHP, etc), and I start thinking about what ticket options would be good for our family. I wait until park hours are out to make my ADRs, and plan out our days more.

lol...you're asking the wrong people here...

Umm...I've been planning since the last trip. As a matter of fact...while we were there I was saying" ohh next time we should eat here"

We're also going Oct ...although early Oct and I started making my list of tentative restaurants. Waiting for park hours and dates for MNSSHP to schedule exactly where.

Us too!!! It's NEVER too early to start planning, and like others have said...planning is half the fun (and makes the time until the trip arrives bearable)! ;)

Have to agree!! I'm not happy unless I'm planning a trip for me or someone else :goodvibes Thankfully it's our turn in November and yes, I'm already planning!!

Too early to start planning?:laughing: Have you ever been on these boards?:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: As many of the pp have said, it's never too early.:thumbsup2 I get so excited for trips to WDW that as soon as I start thinking about taking a trip, before anything has been booked, I practically have my whole trip planned.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter