Going in February while 30 weeks pregnant....worth it?

poteat_3177

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Orlando in February for a babymoon & trying to decide if it will be worth it to buy 1 or 2 day tickets to disneyworld (we could also do the beach but rooms are a lot more expensive). Due to a medical conference my husband will be attending in the mornings we'll only be able to do the parks between 1pm-closing. My husband & I went to Disney World almost every year between 2008-2012 & have done all the parks (except blizzard beach) & feel like we've done it all. We love all of our memories but not sure with me being pregnant & not being able to ride most of the rides which we love (or drink!) if it'll be worth it.

My questions are- have there been a lot of changes to any of the parks since 2012 & if so what? I know we were able to preview fantasy land & ariels grotto at one of our trips. & if you've gone while pregnant did you enjoy it? and which park(s) would you choose if going while pregnant? A couple of my thoughts is that February during the week probably won't be as busy & hot as during the summer so it could be more enjoyable in those aspects plus we could probably spend some time at some nice restaurants (I always love good food) so long as the heart burn stays away!!
TIA!!

We just returned and I was 27 weeks pregnant while at Disney. I had fun, but mostly because seeing my 4.5 year old embrace the magic made the trip magical. This was our tenth Disney trip since 2006, so for us nothing was new. You won't be able to ride Mine Train, which is new, but there's a lot you can ride. I don't feel great when I'm pregnant, so honestly we went because it was our last trip just "us three", and we took my mom which was so nice being with her. But it definitely wasn't my favorite Disney trip of all time.

If you are one of those pregnant ladies who feels amazing, I think it would be fun riding the rides, eating, shopping etc. I'm currently 30 weeks, and I can tell you- you enter into a new level of being uncomfortable when that 3rd trimester starts.

It's so hard to say "it's worth it" because everyone feels differently. But it sounds like you guys are Disney people, so I think as long as you feel good, you'd have fun.

We are planning a trip to Orlando in February for a babymoon & trying to decide if it will be worth it to buy 1 or 2 day tickets to disneyworld (we could also do the beach but rooms are a lot more expensive). Due to a medical conference my husband will be attending in the mornings we'll only be able to do the parks between 1pm-closing. My husband & I went to Disney World almost every year between 2008-2012 & have done all the parks (except blizzard beach) & feel like we've done it all. We love all of our memories but not sure with me being pregnant & not being able to ride most of the rides which we love (or drink!) if it'll be worth it.

My questions are- have there been a lot of changes to any of the parks since 2012 & if so what? I know we were able to preview fantasy land & ariels grotto at one of our trips. & if you've gone while pregnant did you enjoy it? and which park(s) would you choose if going while pregnant? A couple of my thoughts is that February during the week probably won't be as busy & hot as during the summer so it could be more enjoyable in those aspects plus we could probably spend some time at some nice restaurants (I always love good food) so long as the heart burn stays away!!
TIA!!
I don't know how far you'll be traveling away from home, but I would talk to my dr first about traveling a potential long distance away from her/him.

Set your expectations. Know what things you want to accomplish. More tame rides and shows will be the order of the day. but you can also just enjoy the resorts and other non-park areas if you want to save the park admission.

I went about that time, and we had a great time. HOWEVER, we ended up having to rent a wheelchair for me because I suddenly was exhausted about 10 days before we left. I was starting to have blood sugar issues that hadn't been discovered.

We would definitely recommend it, but be prepared that the third trimester is much more tiring.

Clear it with your medical team, but traveling that early should be fine.

I went at 18 and 20 weeks and it was enjoyable. I personally don't think I would want to at 30 weeks. I was Def in the uncomfortable stage then.

But.that is if I was going a full day. If I wasn't worried about price or getting a full days worth I might go for it.

Although mk has lots of rides for preggos. I didnt like the crowd and alwayd feeling like i had to guard my belly from gettung ran into by people pushing past. I would consider ak or epcot and enjoy the shows, live music, food, world showcase shopping. Maybe end the night at boardwalk.

One question. Is this your first child? I assume it is since you said babymoon. I would be more open to go at 30 weeks if this was first child. I would find it hard to be 30 weeks and taking a toddler. But I personally had a lot of back and rib pain and could only hold my son for a few minutes.

Also...blizzard beach might be an option. It is one of my favorite things at disney. I
Prefer it to some of the parks. I went while pregnant. So relaxing. You can't ride anything but you can chill on the lazy river and enjoy the fave pool while putting your feet up (always a plus while pregnant) while listening to some Christmas tunes and eating mini donuts :)

Last edited:
We did our babymoon at disney. I was 17 weeks with twins. We had a great trip. I felt well enough to have gone at 30 weeks, but the twin factor meant I would not have been allowed to travel. I am not sure where the cutoff is with a single baby. We skipped animal kingdom entirely. Too much walking with little reward. There are no good rides to ride while pregnant and the shows are so far apart. We spent most of our time at MK since I could ride almost everything and each ride gave me the chance to sit and relax.
Couple things to consider though, when is the conference? Presidents week is very crowded and there should be a special leap year party. There is also a race weekend in there too. Those all add crowds.

My last two trips to Disney have been while pregnant (2 seperate pregnancies). I was about 18 wks with my first baby and about 22 wks with my second. Both trips were in the fall and had a mix of weather. I had a ton of fun on both trips and didn't miss the thrill rides (but I did miss the wine at the food and wine festival). I didn't regret going at all, and felt great health wise. But thinking about how I felt getting to work and just messing around the house at 30 wks, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have enjoyed Disney to the fullest. The days would have to be much shorter because I wouldn't have enjoyed being on my feet that much while that far along. So I'm not sure it would be worth the price of admission for me. But if you are already going to have the free lodging because of the conference that's something to consider.

As long as everything in your pregnancy is normal and you are feeling good, you should have no issues. My sister and I went at 32 weeks (her, not me) and had fun. She rested when she wanted to and made sure she stayed hydrated. And so what if you have to go to the bathroom every half hour? What better place for that than one that has bathrooms everywhere!

Obviously check with your doctor, but I would have happily gone at 30 weeks... For me that was more than 11 weeks before I delivered any of my 3 kids! (And before discomfort hit.) I say totally worth it, and why not go to the parks when your DH is at the conference? I would take it slow, plan a few shows yo would like to see, plan delicious snacks to try, and hit up Epcot for dinner with your DH one night. You might enjoy swimming, too. My first Disney trip I was pregnant... Obviously I had a good time, because our "once in a lifetime" trip has led to trips 2xs a year. (Though, DH keeps saying... Just this one. Then books the next trip!) have a wonderful time, you will make great memories!

I was about 30 weeks pg with my 2nd son when we spent a few days at Christmas time with extended family. I had a great time. We did end up getting me a wheelchair. Of course, I was there with a lot of people and all day long. If I could have gone at my pace, and rested when I needed to, I probably wouldn't have needed it. There are a lot of rides and shows that you can do and still enjoy it.

thank you everyone for the advice, I really appreciate it!

and FYI yes of course we've already discussed traveling with our doctor & preggos are ok to fly/travel up to 36 weeks so long as their are no other complications (which we would just cancel the trip if something came up) so I'm well within that window.

I'd also check with your insurance company. I've had friends who were told if they delivered their baby away from their home hospital that it wouldn't be covered entirely. Another issue might be swollen feet. Not to scare you, but preclampsia can also turn up in the 3rd trimester. More than likely you'd be fine, but I'm just offering a perspective from someone who delivered at 36 weeks because of high bp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter