Going in Aug with kids ages 2-8

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
So give me some tips and tell me how bad it is going to be....:lmao:

we are planning for August,probably more towards Aug 20th-27th? How crowded will it be? We have gone in May where crowds were not of big concern for us.

We have kids ages 2, 5,6,and 8 and 4 adults going. Please tell me that at LEAST the crowds will be thinning out by then. I can handle heat and no crowds or crowds and no heat, but I can't take both haha.

Please give me some tips too, generally we are LATE risers but we do make the effort while on vacation at Disney to be up and at the parks, last year we even made it to a rope drop @ MK and AK (well, we had ADRS @ AK). So tips and advice are welcome. I am a big planner and we are doing free dining (got the pin) so we will also have our days revolving around ADRs.

I haven't been there your specific dates, but we have been there in the summer, so I will give you my 2 biggest summer tips: #1-buy a reusuable water bottle for every member of the family. Buy either a clip that can hook it onto the belt loop of shorts or a lanyard that you can attach it to around the neck. Bring lots and lots of those Crystal Light, Sugar-free Kool-aid, etc. packets. Fill them constantly and make sure everyone is staying very hydrated. The packets really work for making the Orlando water drinkable, and my kids just loved having the different flavors to choose from. #2-you really must get there for rope drop everyday (well, almost every day), then take a break in some a/c after lunch, preferably back at your resort, and then return for dinner. You cannot possibly stay in that heat and humidity all day and have a good vacation. Enjoy your free dining and have a great trip!

We went the week before in 2007. It was not nearly as crowded as our other summer trips (mainly June). It was hot, but we did not see any rain, again in June we always do.

I am a total fan of the break too. We always rope drop and take a break. The ADRs in the ac are wonderful... they do rejuvinate you!

I also would recommend buying the fans that spray water. We have some from Walmart and they do help cool you down and are way way cheaper than the ones at WDW.

My kids love the water spots at MK, DTD, and EPCOT to cool off in. I try to bring extra clothes so they can get soaked and change before we go back to touring and the ac.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter