Going home again

glass slipper gal

Earning My Ears
Just got back from my first Disney trip in thirteen years. A lot is new, but it was just like going home again. I took my four-year-old daughter, my husband and my father. I planned everything with ALOT of help from The Dis. It was awesome. The FP+ and Magic bands are a revolution. We dressed my daughter up as three different princesses and the response from the cast members was amazing. They all bowed and curtsied to her. She really felt like a princess. I also had a unique experience at The Crystal Shop on main street. My first trip to Disney was in 1984. I was four and saved up my money for a few months. The first thing I ever spent my own money on was a Cinderella glass slipper at the shop. It started a collection of Cinderella glass, I got one piece on every subsequent trip (I have been 13 times so I have the castle the carriage etc) Before we left I called the shop and spoke to the manager Lee. I wanted to get my slipper engraved and buy one for my daughter. I was nervous that they wouldn't engrave it and I won't trust it to anyone but Disney. Lee was awesome. I brought my slipper bubble wrapped in tupperware and carried it in my backpack. He spent a lot of time with me figuring out exactly what I wanted. We purchased one for my daughter and he assured me of my slipper's safety. I left it there and came back on the last day to pick them up. Lee wasn't there but I was told by the cast member that he had the most experienced glass artist engrave my slipper and that everyone in the shop had seen it. She said he wouldn't let anyone touch it but the artist but that the whole shop was amazed at my piece of Disney history. When they brought out the slippers I broke down in tears right there on main street. The cast member hugged me and they all made me feel so special. Lee didn't even charge me for the engraving of my slipper. So thank you to him and all the cast members at the shop. You guys helped me create a gift that I will cherish forever.
Disney will always be magical. It has changed but is so much the same. Even my pragmatic husband enjoyed himself. We had a wonderful time. We stayed at Art of Animation and it was a wonderful resort. The only real negative was at innoventions my daughter got interested in the TJ price piggy bank challenge. Keep your kids away at all cost. My daughter loved her piggy so much that when they took it away from her she cried for almost an hour. I finally found her another bank at Mousegear and she calmed down but that was awful. Also my husband is 6'5" and he had trouble on some of the attractions, but being a student of the Dis I knew that in advance.
Disney will always be my happy place. I have loved the parks and movies since birth and I always will. We are looking into a cruise sometime next year. I can't wait. Also thanks to all yall at the Dis. I am a true Disney freak, but even I was intimidated by all the changes until I found you. You made me feel like an expert again. I fully expected to see at least one of you walking around at the parks but since I didn't I will just post a big Arkansas "thanks yall"

This brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad you had a great time!! Last time my family and I went we stayed at art of animation as well. This thread just made my day!!:sad:pixiedust::)

Love this!!! Had me teary eyed!!! I'm going with my kids for the first time in October!! I cry every time I do my planning it truly is a magical place!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter