• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going from okw to ssr?

disprincessatheart

I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08
We are staying at okw for the first time next month. Dh wants to use the fitness center at ssr a couple of times. We won't have a car, so what's the easiest way to get between the two?

I enjoy the walk along the golf course ... cross the bridge, cut through the Treehouse units and then across another golf course, hook a right at SSR Grandstand ... and you are almost there!

You can take the boat from OKW to DTD and transfer boats to SSR. You can also take the bus to DTD from OKW and transfer to a SSR bus that will drop you off at the Springs which is nearest to the Spa.

It's easier than it sounds. :)

Take the walkway by Building 55 between the golf course and the canal/waterway to DTD. Follow that until you come to the bridge across the waterway by the golf course putting green, go across the bridge (watch out for the golf carts), turn right along the other side of the waterway to the club house/resturant, go up the stairs, and you will be in Artist's Point. Go out the other side of AP, you will be looking over the SSR main pool, and the spa/gym wll be to your right.

You can take the boat from OKW to DTD and transfer boats to SSR. You can also take the bus to DTD from OKW and transfer to a SSR bus that will drop you off at the Springs which is nearest to the Spa.

It's easier than it sounds. :)

I was wondering about the boat option, but I didn't know how early or often they started running. He may or may not try to go early in the morning.

From the South Point area the walk is approx a mile. From the Millers Road area probably more like 2 miles.
You are not allowed to walk the golf course cart paths. There is a path that goes around the golf course.

I enjoy the walk along the golf course ... cross the bridge, cut through the Treehouse units and then across another golf course, hook a right at SSR Grandstand ... and you are almost there!

Take the walkway by Building 55 between the gold course and the canal/waterway to DTD. Follow that until you come to the bridge across the waterway by the golf course putting green, go across the bridge (watch out for the golf carts), turn right along the other side of the waterway to the club house/resturant, go up the stairs, and you will be in Artist's Point. Go out the other side of AP, you will be looking over the SSR main pool, and the spa/gym wll be to your right.

Thanks. Do either of you have any idea how long this might take from when you get past the last okw building? We have stayed at ssr twice before, so at least he knows where the gym is once he gets over there and won't be wandering in circles! to me it seems like too much trouble but if he wants to work out who am I to poo poo the idea? :rolleyes:

From the South Point area the walk is approx a mile. From the Millers Road area probably more like 2 miles.
You are not allowed to walk the golf course cart paths. There is a path that goes around the golf course.

That helps a lot - thanks!

There is a gym at OKW also, unless there is something special about the one at SSR.

There is a gym at OKW also, unless there is something special about the one at SSR.

Ah! I didn't see it on the map anywhere, guess it's near all the other recreation stuff? As long as its not too tiny it should work. He didn't like the one at bwv and the ssr one is very impressive but I think he might be willing to make do with a smaller gym (not like he's a major fitness guy anyway) for less travel time!

Thanks everybody!

Ah! I didn't see it on the map anywhere, guess it's near all the other recreation stuff? As long as its not too tiny it should work. He didn't like the one at bwv and the ssr one is very impressive but I think he might be willing to make do with a smaller gym (not like he's a major fitness guy anyway) for less travel time!

Thanks everybody!

OKW's fitness room is down past Good's To Go, behind the pool area. It's kind of small but you should check it out. Seems if he walks to SSR that would be a work out by itself. ;)

Take the walkway by Building 55 between the golf course and the canal/waterway to DTD. Follow that until you come to the bridge across the waterway by the golf course putting green, go across the bridge (watch out for the golf carts), turn right along the other side of the waterway to the club house/resturant, go up the stairs, and you will be in Artist's Point. Go out the other side of AP, you will be looking over the SSR main pool, and the spa/gym wll be to your right.

A couple of mistakes in the above quote. You will NOT be at Artist Point, but you will be at Turf Club.

I would NOT take the bus to DTD and wait for a bus to SSR. WAY TOO LONG A TIME. If you don't want to walk, I'd take the boat to DTD and then either walk or boat to SSR.

A couple of mistakes in the above quote. You will NOT be at Artist Point, but you will be at Turf Club.
There are two sets of stairs, both go by the Turf Club, the one on the left goes past the outdoor seating area and a hallway goes right into AP. The one on the right goes through the outdoor seating area of the Turf Club, then through the lounge of the Turf Club, and then into AP.

Artist Point is located at the Wilderness Lodge. It is Artist's Palette that is located at Saratoga Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter