Going from Deluxe to Moderate?

We go back and forth between moderates & deluxe all the time. No, I'm never disappointed with the moderates, we love the POR & FQ resorts and always have a wonderful time at them. And we love our Deluxe stays too. If we stay moderate most of the time it's for winter trips, (although we have certainly stayed deluxe in winter too) and summer prefer Deluxe. We don't stay at the parks all day & night.

I love this thread! We've only stayed Deluxe, but have considered trying out a mod for the cost savings. The problem is we do like to spend time at our resort every day. For a "commando" trip, I don't think I'd pay Deluxe prices, but we have yet to go to WDW and not spend a good deal of time relaxing at our resort.

I really would like to try a moderate, so everyone's observations are very helpful!:goodvibes

We stayed at Poly on our first trip and have stayed at POR twice since, and will be staying at CSR on our next trip in November. For me, the price jump from value to moderate is justified and worth it whereas the jump from mod to deluxe is not worth it as much to us. Moderates have everything we need/want. The only thing we like better at deluxes are the balconies, and alternate options of transportation but its not worth the added expense to us.

Thank you all for the replies! I really appreciate it! We have a lot to think about. Unfortunately, my DH is no help! He's a deluxe guy all the way!!!

I was in your situation last year. We have never stayed anywhere but deluxe with the exception of one year at OKW. Last year for financial reasons, we needed to downsize a little, so we tried CSR.

I can't go so far as to say I was disappointed, but it definitely was not the same. So many things were less magical for us than our usual Poly. We missed the monorail for starters, plus the amenities, the room size, and the layout of the resort. The walk to the pool from our building was so long I could have taken a nap when I got there. It just wasn't the same. Now if it was a question of not being able to afford to go unless we stayed at a mod, then of course, we would opt for the mod. This year things are better, so we will be going back to Poly. As a matter of fact, I just pulled the trigger and made the reservations this afternoon. BTW, if dh is a deluxe guy all the way, use that to your advantage! Mine is too, sort of. He is very frugal, but he definitely was not overwhelmed by CSR. He said he missed everything about Poly.

I love this thread! We've only stayed Deluxe, but have considered trying out a mod for the cost savings. The problem is we do like to spend time at our resort every day. For a "commando" trip, I don't think I'd pay Deluxe prices, but we have yet to go to WDW and not spend a good deal of time relaxing at our resort.

I really would like to try a moderate, so everyone's observations are very helpful!:goodvibes

I love this thread too! We, like you, enjoy spending time at our resort everyday as well. For us, Poly is just heaven! I'm glad I can say I tried CSR. While there were things I liked about it, and there certainly was nothing horrible about it, as long as it financially do able for us, we will stay deluxe from now on. Hope this helps!

We're the opposite, stayed mod for years and years and since slowing down in our touring style have started staying deluxe almost exclusively. If I were to go back to mod, I'd go with either of the port orleanses, the boat option to DTD feels a little more deluxe-ish than what you will find at CBR and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter