• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

going for a day while on a cruise. help

matdrew

Mouseketeer
hi is it worth going for one day while I am on a cruise. can we ride the rides without waiting forever since we wont have magic bands? which park should I pick? what are the must do? the kids are 3 , 9, 12 years old. thank you/

hi is it worth going for one day while I am on a cruise. can we ride the rides without waiting forever since we wont have magic bands? which park should I pick? what are the must do? the kids are 3 , 9, 12 years old. thank you/

A little more info on your plans, please. Are you doing a Disney Cruise or another Cruise line? I know you used to be able to add on a park day to DCL but that was a few years ago. It seems to me that if you did that and ordered your tickets from WDW you should be eligible for FP+

Sounds like Port Canaveral is a Port of Call for the cruise. Am i right? If so, I don't think a stop in Disney is worth it. The ships usually arrive after part opening, and don't stay real long.

If you still want to, the cruise lines will typically have excursions to Disney. Included transportation and tickets.

I agree, it sounds like a port stop at Canaveral, and I also agree, it would not be worth it, at least to our family.

You would be able to get day-of FP+ with whatever tickets you end up with, but depending on how crowded it is and how late you get there, those can be limited and/or have a long wait at a kiosk to even sign up.

With kids those ages, you might have a lot of fun going to Downtown Disney, with Disney Quest. Or a water park -- Disney or elsewhere.

But getting off the ship, boarding a bus, driving an hour, spending maybe 4 or 5 hours max at a park, then boarding the bus and driving an hour back to the port doesn't sound like fun to me. Not to mention that those 4 or 5 hours will cost you almost $100 per person!

Have fun whatever you decide!

I did this a few years ago and maybe I can help. We actually rented a car at the port and drove ourselves to WDW. I think you get about 12 hours in the port, and the bus leaves an hour after you arrive in port and gets back almost 2 hours before it's time to go home. That's almost 3 hours cut off from your Disney trip alone. Don't forget you have to wait for everyone to board the bus (another half hour each way) and then it takes an hour to get there. Renting a car was so much cheaper and gave us so much more time in the park. I would recommend you buy your tickets online through Disney's website and NOT through the cruise line. Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much everyone for trying to help me . I should have been more specific . It's a cruise from NY to Florida on Norwegian cruise lines . It was only $1665 in their kids sail free deal . ( I just starting as a travel agent and seeing trips all the time I could not resist at this price) . I wish it were Disney . I think next year I try for that . We don't make very much at all .
So Norwegian offers an excursion to any for the parks for the day . The time on the excursion says 12:30. So I was wondering if we be able to see much at all if no magic bands . My daughter who is 2 1/2 loves princesses so I will do it if it seems we can do enough . Is it crowded? I am thinking not cruise is sept 6-13 so I think the date for Disney is like the 8th . Thanks in advance for any tips or ideas you may have . I want to say the excursion price was $169 for adults and $130 for kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter