Going between Christmas and New Years - are we insane?

Shelby109

Mouseketeer
So the best time for us to go to Aulani would be between Christmas and New Years - DD is out of school and my work closes. That said, it is so expensive that if it is crazy crowded I am leary of spending so much money and have an issue with crowds (long waits, no chairs, DD loves kids clubs - would want her to be able to get it, etc). We would never do WDW or DL at that time because we can always sneak down for a long weekend, but we would want to spend at least a week at Aulani (which brings us to either that time or Spring Break).

Would love to hear from anyone who goes between christmas and new years and what the experience is like. THANKS

a friend did go with her family during that week back in 2014, and she did not have a very good time at all. having said that, part of it was due to her not doing any research prior to showing up. she didn't pre-book anything--nothing at aunty's, restaurants, etc. she didn't know she could sign up for the family activities, and so on and so forth. she said it was very crowded everywhere.

Not the response you are looking for since I haven't been at this time, but I am planning to visit around the same time this year.

I wouldn't compare it to Disney World or Disneyland at Christmas. I compare it more to a full cruise ship. All rooms are taken = crowded, but still fun!

Thanks! We are still on the fence- mostly because of cost at that time (we should have booked everything a little earlier).

One thing you could do to lesser the cost a little is to pre book a rental car now (if you are planning on having one) Lots of people on this thread and over on the DVC thread use www.discountcarrentalhawaii.com because they are a broker rather than a direct booking site so they let you reserve a car and you can cancel up until 6pm the day before. Just dont reserve a car from them, not go and forget you have that car reserved! They are affiliated with all the big companies and I have used them a few times now with excellent results.

One thing you could do to lesser the cost a little is to pre book a rental car now (if you are planning on having one) Lots of people on this thread and over on the DVC thread use www.discountcarrentalhawaii.com because they are a broker rather than a direct booking site so they let you reserve a car and you can cancel up until 6pm the day before. Just dont reserve a car from them, not go and forget you have that car reserved! They are affiliated with all the big companies and I have used them a few times now with excellent results.
Is anyone else having problems with that website? Tried multiple browsers and even on mobile phone, but can't get access the website.

We're opting for spring break over xmas in Hawaii because of the prices alone, both for rooms and flights. Also the surf breaks should be gentler for my still somewhat beginner DH. We did xmas at WDW this year but it was the week leading up to xmas and we got free dining to offset higher room costs. Everywhere in Hawaii seems to be at least double, if not even quadruple the rates during Xmas week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter