Going Back!

nulty

Earning My Ears
This May! Went last April & stayed at Bay Lake Towers. We (Dh,DS 6 & DD 2) want to try a new resort. Took me forever to pick Blt last year. Thinking Poly, Yacht, BW, or Wilderness. Lucky for me Dh doesn't like exterior entrance, so we have to pick Deluxe! My main concern is a nice, clean room ( mold in the shower kind of stuff could spoil vacation for me!)and DH likes to have a breakfast that offers eggs & stuff, not just cereals, bagels, etc. So I would love opinions please!! This is the first time I have logged on here in forever, but I lurk all the time!

TIA

no advice - but very jealous. We just got back this week and I already want to go back.

Our favorite is the Poly, followed by the WL :). Both resorts, IMO, have great CS for any meal of the day ;). The Poly has large rooms with all rooms having a daybed, a great pool, the beach to watch the fireworks, and convenient monorail service to the MK and is within walking distance to the TTC :thumbsup2. The WL is also a fantastic place to stay with a great pool, beautiful surroundings, and convenient boat service to the MK, as well to the CR for dining or shopping at the monorail resorts :goodvibes.

As for the Epcot resorts, we've stayed at the BC and although we loved the resort, we don't like that there's no CS there :rolleyes1. We, too, need a variety for breakfast other than bagels and cereals, and none of those resorts have CS like the other deluxe resorts :sad2:. I know the BWI has the bakery on the boardwalk, but my family prefers something a little more for breakfast than what's offered there :rolleyes:.

I think all of the resorts that you are considering have the features that you mentioned needing. In my opinion the food choices (for a quick breakfast) are better at the Poly and Wilderness Lodge. And with the ages of your children the close proximity to Magic Kingdom is probably a draw. The only thing I will mention about both the Poly and the Wilderness lodge is the the bathroom vanity area tends to be kind of dark. Not a huge issue for me since I travel with a makeup mirror that has a light built in. But it does bother some people.

Among the resorts you are thinking about I would go with the Boardwalk because in my opinion they have the best theme and atmosphere.

Thanks for all the advice! I think we are leaning towards Yacht club, it looks beautiful & it would be a change to stay near Epcot. But I hope we won't regret not staying near the monorail & we won't be missing something by not trying the Poly! ( some of the reviews of the rooms scare me a little!):confused3

We were there this past May at BLT too!! And have rebooked for May 2011:cool1: We are staying at POP this time, though, as dd is bringing a friend. I have stayed at the WL and Poly (from your choices) and loved the Poly too. My pick for us would be BLT again if we could.... I just love that place:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter