Going back to the Grand!!!

litlpixie

DIS Veteran
Yes, we switched our Honeymoon stay from the BW back to Sugar Loaf......I just love the GF:cloud9:

This time I requested a pool view....any chance of seeing any of the MK fireworks, you think?:confused3

Have a great time, not sure abt the pool views w/Mk v fireworks....:(I know someone will be!

Anyway...all the best to you...you will love it!! We "Familymooned " here...lol..this was my 2nd marriage, so my kids were invovled in every aspect:) It was magical:)
Enjoy every moment!!

lololol, this is our 2nd as well.......but we were just there with all the kids for Easter Week, so to ease my guilt of not taking them for the Honeymoon!!

lol...I just realized I should have worded my last post a bit differently! They werent involved in every aspect.....:) My son got to stay overnight at the BC w/ family, and DD stayed at the AKL overnight!
AND...our next trip, my older kids will be with their Dad, and DD just went and DS not into Disney at 14 right now...so no guilt for me either!!! So it will just be me and DH...and the baby at 14 mths....
Anyway...back to YOUR trip...lol :)...you will love it, my fave restaurant there is Narcoosee's! Cant wait to go back!

Yes, we switched our Honeymoon stay from the BW back to Sugar Loaf......I just love the GF:cloud9:

This time I requested a pool view....any chance of seeing any of the MK fireworks, you think?:confused3

Congrats on getting married! FYI- I called yesturday to make reservations for this November and the cast member on the phone told me that the Sugar Loaf is actually closed due to refurbs. So both conceirges are in the main building! Which I thought was pretty awesome! You could quite possibly see the MK fireworks from your balcony, but if not just walk down and stand next to the pool and you will def. be able to see them! What a sight.

Congrats on getting married! FYI- I called yesturday to make reservations for this November and the cast member on the phone told me that the Sugar Loaf is actually closed due to refurbs. So both conceirges are in the main building! Which I thought was pretty awesome! You could quite possibly see the MK fireworks from your balcony, but if not just walk down and stand next to the pool and you will def. be able to see them! What a sight.
Since Sugar Loaf is temporally in the Royal Palm building, are guests who had reservations in Sugar Loaf paying their price and not Royal Palm price?

I do plan on trying Narcoosees......never been because sometimes I get a little scared of seafood.:goodvibes I just need to try not to be afraid of unfamiliar fish. Been to Citricos 2x in the last year:cloud9: love that place.......the aptmosphere is very relaxed yet classy and the food is terrific....the bellini cocktails are nothing to shake a stick at either!!!

After 8 days in a POR room with 3 kids, this honeymoon couldnt come soon enough:thumbsup2

Citricis is lovely too! You will have the best dining options:) The other posters brought up great info too!! And to have concierge...my in laws loved it! So much that they missed our wedding ceremony at Sunset Point, they were enjoying their bruschetta, and lost track of time?!!!!!
They paid for our rehearsal dinner at Narcoosees so we werent that mad! lol

We actually just sat by the marina one night and enjoyed the fireworks!! You should get alot of good tips!!!

I wanted a clarification on the Sugarloaf Bldg being closed for refurbishment. I called the front desk and the CM I spoke with put me on hold to check. She came back on the line and told me it would be June or July before they begin refurbishments. I was interested as we go to the GF on May 16th. :) :)

As far as the view, SL only offers a pool view and marina view. You can't see the castle from either side of the building, but some marina view rooms do offer a limited view of the fireworks. We've had rooms in SL that are located closer to the main building end of the property. These were the rooms that we could see some of the fireworks from.

As an FYI, the last time they did a refurb, when they closed Sugar Loaf, the lodge concierge was simply moved to another outer building. I believe back then it was housed temporarily in Conch Key.

I would still like to know if it's true that Sugar Loaf will be in the Royal Palm building, if Sugar Loaf guests would be paying the same price? Personally if my family and I had a room booked for Royal Palm booked and found that out, I would be a bit upset. I don't know the actual numbers, but I am sure Sugar Loaf rates are less expensive then the Royal Palm.

CRFan, it has not yet been decided where lodge concierge will be located during the rehab. The CRO agent who reported that it's currently in the main building was wrong. We were at the GF back in 2000 when they were undergoing room rehabs. I want to say that it was Conch Key that was rehabbed before Sugar Loaf and when Sugar Loaf was closed, the club level was moved temporarily to Conch Key. We happened to have the main building booked at the time, but just prior to our arrival, we were informed that the main building would be closing so we would be moved to lodge concierge for the lesser price. Initially, we were told by GF management that it would be in Conch Key, but when we arrived on site, they had just re-opened Sugar Loaf and that's where we stayed.

I see no reason why the rehab at the GF won't be handled like any other rehab. Those guests on the club level who will be impacted by a closing should get a phone call and offered either an upgrade or downgrade within the GF (cost will be adjusted), based on which building they are closing, or an offer to move to a comporable club level at another resort (for the same price).

To the best of my knowledge there have only been a few situations where some guests have been given a bigger discount than their fellow club level guests. That was when both SL and the CR went from a light concierge to full service. Anyone booking in advance of this change got a great deal compared to what some of the current guests were paying. Just another one of those instances when I personally think "good for them for getting so lucky" as opposed to being upset that I'm paying more.

CRFan, it has not yet been decided where lodge concierge will be located during the rehab. The CRO agent who reported that it's currently in the main building was wrong. We were at the GF back in 2000 when they were undergoing room rehabs. I want to say that it was Conch Key that was rehabbed before Sugar Loaf and when Sugar Loaf was closed, the club level was moved temporarily to Conch Key. We happened to have the main building booked at the time, but just prior to our arrival, we were informed that the main building would be closing so we would be moved to lodge concierge for the lesser price. Initially, we were told by GF management that it would be in Conch Key, but when we arrived on site, they had just re-opened Sugar Loaf and that's where we stayed.

I see no reason why the rehab at the GF won't be handled like any other rehab. Those guests on the club level who will be impacted by a closing should get a phone call and offered either an upgrade or downgrade within the GF (cost will be adjusted), based on which building they are closing, or an offer to move to a comporable club level at another resort (for the same price).

To the best of my knowledge there have only been a few situations where some guests have been given a bigger discount than their fellow club level guests. That was when both SL and the CR went from a light concierge to full service. Anyone booking in advance of this change got a great deal compared to what some of the current guests were paying. Just another one of those instances when I personally think "good for them for getting so lucky" as opposed to being upset that I'm paying more.
Tammi,
Thanks for the information and for answering my question.

I would still like to know if it's true that Sugar Loaf will be in the Royal Palm building, if Sugar Loaf guests would be paying the same price? Personally if my family and I had a room booked for Royal Palm booked and found that out, I would be a bit upset. I don't know the actual numbers, but I am sure Sugar Loaf rates are less expensive then the Royal Palm.

When I spoke to the cast member on Monday she said that both conceirges would be located in the main building. So I am still assuming that they are still going to have the two different offers. The Sugar Loaf rates are way less expensive then the Royal Palm. I know the difference is in the location ( except when they are doing the referb, they will both be in the amin building ) and the food they offer you. I hope this helps!

When I spoke to the cast member on Monday she said that both conceirges would be located in the main building. So I am still assuming that they are still going to have the two different offers. The Sugar Loaf rates are way less expensive then the Royal Palm. I know the difference is in the location ( except when they are doing the referb, they will both be in the amin building ) and the food they offer you. I hope this helps!
Now I don't know who to believe because I got a response from you (btw thank you for it) and a different one from Tammi.

Now I don't know who to believe because I got a response from you (btw thank you for it) and a different one from Tammi.

I could have heard her wrong, although I am pretty sure that is what she said, but give a call and they will be able to clear it up! I know we ended up booking for the Yacth club conceirge, we love there too, so I was not that worried!

Personally, I'd take anything a CRO representative told me with a grain of salt. They unfortunately are not the most knowledgeable staff people (as exhibited by reporting initially that it was already closed). No decisions have been set in stone yet. As soon as impacted guests are contacted, I'm sure we'll see it posted here on the DIS. Considering there are fewer rooms in the main building, I find it highly unlikely that all lodge concierge guests will be moved there. There's just not enough space.

Personally, I'd take anything a CRO representative told me with a grain of salt. They unfortunately are not the most knowledgeable staff people (as exhibited by reporting initially that it was already closed). No decisions have been set in stone yet. As soon as impacted guests are contacted, I'm sure we'll see it posted here on the DIS. Considering there are fewer rooms in the main building, I find it highly unlikely that all lodge concierge guests will be moved there. There's just not enough space.

That is what I think too! Where would they all fit? Exactly how many rooms does the GF have in the main building for conceirge any way? I'll give a call tomorrow and see what I can find out!

I was thinking the same thing because I said to myself how can the Grand Floridian put Sugar Loaf guests in the Royal Palm building? For that to work to ensure Sugar Loaf guests still stay in Concierge they might have to bump Royal Palm guests. Well I don't see them telling a guest who is paying a lot more for Royal Palm, that they can not stay there because a guest from Sugar Loaf needs the room.

When the Contemporary was renovating the Atrium Club they moved to the 10th floor and did not put their guests on the 14th floor Tower Club, because that would not make sense since there is only 16 rooms up there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter