Goin' to see the Mouse for Spring Break~just me and Fiance at POP-Update 3/20

You were able to get through for your ADRs? That's good. I have been trying to switch one all day and I can't get through.

Oh I thought about you today. I bought the new Tinkerbell movie! It's so cute!!!!!

Yes, I finally got through after forever!

Aw..thanks for thinking of me!

ADRS MADE!!

Alright, as everyone knows, today was the day that the ADR window went back to 180 days. It was the biggest fiasco ever. All the phone lines and on-line systems were jammed and down. I figured something like that would happen, so Dad offered to call/go on-line to make the reservations for me since I had class this morning. Yes, he was at work, but he is his own boss, so he just did paperwork while calling/trying on-line. He finally got through the phone around 12:30 p.m.

Since park hours for March were not posted until today, I went and looked at what the park hours were the same week in March last year. I based our ADR's on that. I told Dad if it can't be exactly the days I want, I'd be fine with it. But...we were lucky enough to get everything we wanted!

You guys might think I'm weird, but we decided to make our ADR's for lunch every day and then just eat CS dinners at the park we're at that night. That plan worked well since park hours weren't posted!

Now, I should let you know..we are doing the dining plan, which we love. I do have one question though. For my entree, could I order an appetizer/salad and have that count as my entree or no?

Here they are..If you have any recommendations on things to order, please let me know!:

Monday, 3/15: Hollywood Brown Derby at 11:30 a.m...This one uses 2 TS credits.

Tuesday, 3/16: Breakfast at Kona Cafe at 8:30 a.m....This one we're paying OOP since HBD took 2 credits. Then, Le Cellier at 2:05 p.m.

Wednesday, 3/17: Yak & Yeti at 1:00 p.m.

Thursday, 3/18: The Wave at 1:00 p.m.

ADRS MADE!!

Alright, as everyone knows, today was the day that the ADR window went back to 180 days. It was the biggest fiasco ever. All the phone lines and on-line systems were jammed and down. I figured something like that would happen, so Dad offered to call/go on-line to make the reservations for me since I had class this morning. Yes, he was at work, but he is his own boss, so he just did paperwork while calling/trying on-line. He finally got through the phone around 12:30 p.m.

Since park hours for March were not posted until today, I went and looked at what the park hours were the same week in March last year. I based our ADR's on that. I told Dad if it can't be exactly the days I want, I'd be fine with it. But...we were lucky enough to get everything we wanted!

You guys might think I'm weird, but we decided to make our ADR's for lunch every day and then just eat CS dinners at the park we're at that night. That plan worked well since park hours weren't posted!

Now, I should let you know..we are doing the dining plan, which we love. I do have one question though. For my entree, could I order an appetizer/salad and have that count as my entree or no?

Here they are..If you have any recommendations on things to order, please let me know!:

Monday, 3/15: Hollywood Brown Derby at 11:30 a.m...This one uses 2 TS credits.

Tuesday, 3/16: Breakfast at Kona Cafe at 8:30 a.m....This one we're paying OOP since HBD took 2 credits. Then, Le Cellier at 2:05 p.m.

Wednesday, 3/17: Yak & Yeti at 1:00 p.m.

Thursday, 3/18: The Wave at 1:00 p.m.

Nice getting your Dad to do it!!! WTG!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Your ADRs look great!!! Nice idea doing TS for lunch. Then at night you could just eat on the go!!

Yummmmmm on those ADRs girl!! Unfortunately I'm about 99% sure you can't substitute an app for an entree :guilty:

Nice getting your Dad to do it!!! WTG!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Your ADRs look great!!! Nice idea doing TS for lunch. Then at night you could just eat on the go!!

He's so nice! He knew I was stressing out about missing class.

It will be great being able to eat a CS whenever for dinner.

Well, I'm glad someone was able to get their ADRs!! :thumbsup2

Yummmmmm on those ADRs girl!! Unfortunately I'm about 99% sure you can't substitute an app for an entree :guilty:

Thanks!

Aw darn it. It was worth asking!

No Tony's? HMMMM. . .are you breaking the tradition?

Haha, I know I know..I just think it'd be weird eating there without Mom, Dad, and Sis. I also think it would make me even more homesick for them. :laughing: I'm such a sap.

Well, I'm glad someone was able to get their ADRs!! :thumbsup2

Ugh, I know! Today was horrible for everyone!

Whats up sweet Tink!! :goodvibes

Your ADR's look awesome!!!! :thumbsup2

Yummy ADR's! I am a vegetarian and have definitely ordered things that were appetizers or things on the kid's menu as my entree as part of the DDP. You should be fine!

I love the coconut tofu dish at HBD!! And of course the Tonga Toast at Kona!

Yak&Yeti have really good lo mein type noodles and this awesome appetizer that is like fried green beans!!

Girl your ADRs look great!!!! I hope you love The Wave :)

Glad you were able to finally make them today!

That's GREAT! You got everything you wanted!! AWESOME!! I too, like your idea of doing lunches- gives you more flexibility in the evenings. But I think a few of the menus are little more limited. I know at Bomas they don't have the ribs for example. but I think you'll like it this way regardless :yay:

That was so nice of your dad!! What a great guy!! :goodvibes

Mmm...your ADRs look great! Glad to hear your dad was able to get through. It sounds like it was a CRAZY day. I'm glad my 90 day mark was this past Sunday. I dodged a bullet!

Whats up sweet Tink!! :goodvibes

Your ADR's look awesome!!!! :thumbsup2

Hey girl. It's been awhile since we last talked!

Thanks! I'm so glad to get them done!

Yummy ADR's! I am a vegetarian and have definitely ordered things that were appetizers or things on the kid's menu as my entree as part of the DDP. You should be fine!

I love the coconut tofu dish at HBD!! And of course the Tonga Toast at Kona!

Yak&Yeti have really good lo mein type noodles and this awesome appetizer that is like fried green beans!!

Ooooh I hope so! Glad to know you were able to use an appetizer!

Ooooh yes I'm definately trying the Tonga Toast!

Fried green beans are yummy!

Girl your ADRs look great!!!! I hope you love The Wave :)

Glad you were able to finally make them today!

Haha, The Wave is all YOU! After reading your experience, I had to try it.

I'm so glad we were able to get through!

That's GREAT! You got everything you wanted!! AWESOME!! I too, like your idea of doing lunches- gives you more flexibility in the evenings. But I think a few of the menus are little more limited. I know at Bomas they don't have the ribs for example. but I think you'll like it this way regardless :yay:

That was so nice of your dad!! What a great guy!! :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm so excited to try the new places.

He is definately a great guy!

Mmm...your ADRs look great! Glad to hear your dad was able to get through. It sounds like it was a CRAZY day. I'm glad my 90 day mark was this past Sunday. I dodged a bullet!

Thanks!

I know, he kept trying and trying!

Woo, you did dodge a bullet!

I feel SO SO SO bad that I didn't even realize you had a ptr! I bet its been in your siggy this WHOLE time. How could I not notice? I hope you can forgive me! I'm here now!! :goodvibes

I read through the whole thing and am all caught up now!!

First of all, that's so cute that you're little guy is going to be a Bears football player!! I didn't realize you guys were Bears fans!! I went to the Broncos/Bears pre-season game and it was a good time, even though you beat us! :laughing: That's cute that you're a ref and your other guy is a football player too!! I briefly considered making Landon a football player, but realized his balance is not exactly great, so I don't think a helmet and pads would help! :rotfl: Maybe next year!

Also, its SO CUTE that your dad made your adr's for you. That just made me smile so much! How sweet of him! I am eager to hear your reviews of everything, since I have never tried any of those places!!

As for Pop...I absolutely LOVED it there!! Did you guys request a room with a queen bed? I think that would be better for you guys than 2 doubles! Vallie ended up getting one of the queen rooms there. I think I remember you over on her thread!

Are you guys booked for preferred or just normal? I actually didn't explore too much of the resort, since we had our car and didn't walk. I hear that no building is really a bad walk though and there is TONS of fun stuff to keep you occupied if you do have to take paths. We didn't have preferred, but if you remember, when we walked outside our door, we had a perfect view of the WDW sign. I thought that was pretty magical for a value resort view!

Plus, the lobby just sparkles and so does the Everything Pop! sign. I thought it was amazing!

Make sure you get the cheesefries for me! I am obsessed with them! They may even be the food I crave most out of all WDW!! They were SO good! I could go for some right now!!

Also, I second what someone else said about mousekeeping. They really are great! Every room by ours always had at least 3 towel animals inside. Ours even made a towel toothbrush holder! They were just so fabulous!!

I feel SO SO SO bad that I didn't even realize you had a ptr! I bet its been in your siggy this WHOLE time. How could I not notice? I hope you can forgive me! I'm here now!! :goodvibes

I read through the whole thing and am all caught up now!!

First of all, that's so cute that you're little guy is going to be a Bears football player!! I didn't realize you guys were Bears fans!! I went to the Broncos/Bears pre-season game and it was a good time, even though you beat us! :laughing: That's cute that you're a ref and your other guy is a football player too!! I briefly considered making Landon a football player, but realized his balance is not exactly great, so I don't think a helmet and pads would help! :rotfl: Maybe next year!

Also, its SO CUTE that your dad made your adr's for you. That just made me smile so much! How sweet of him! I am eager to hear your reviews of everything, since I have never tried any of those places!!

As for Pop...I absolutely LOVED it there!! Did you guys request a room with a queen bed? I think that would be better for you guys than 2 doubles! Vallie ended up getting one of the queen rooms there. I think I remember you over on her thread!

Are you guys booked for preferred or just normal? I actually didn't explore too much of the resort, since we had our car and didn't walk. I hear that no building is really a bad walk though and there is TONS of fun stuff to keep you occupied if you do have to take paths. We didn't have preferred, but if you remember, when we walked outside our door, we had a perfect view of the WDW sign. I thought that was pretty magical for a value resort view!

Plus, the lobby just sparkles and so does the Everything Pop! sign. I thought it was amazing!

Make sure you get the cheesefries for me! I am obsessed with them! They may even be the food I crave most out of all WDW!! They were SO good! I could go for some right now!!

Also, I second what someone else said about mousekeeping. They really are great! Every room by ours always had at least 3 towel animals inside. Ours even made a towel toothbrush holder! They were just so fabulous!!

:rotfl2: I've been waiting for you to make it over here. I wasn't going to say anything though because I know how busy people get.

That's cool you went to the Bears/Broncos game! Haha, yeah maybe next year Landon can be one!

Yep, Dad is so nice! Well I can't wait to tell you about them! I've been to Le Cellier and Yak & Yeti before, and Kona for dinner.

I can't wait to check out POP. We didn't request a building or anything, but we did ask for a room with a queen so hopefully that works out!

I will try the cheesefries just for you girl!

I hope we get some good mousekeepers. What did you do with your personal important stuff? Did you just leave it sitting out or put it away?

:rotfl2: I've been waiting for you to make it over here. I wasn't going to say anything though because I know how busy people get.

That's cool you went to the Bears/Broncos game! Haha, yeah maybe next year Landon can be one!

Yep, Dad is so nice! Well I can't wait to tell you about them! I've been to Le Cellier and Yak & Yeti before, and Kona for dinner.

I can't wait to check out POP. We didn't request a building or anything, but we did ask for a room with a queen so hopefully that works out!

I hope we get some good mousekeepers. What did you do with your personal important stuff? Did you just leave it sitting out or put it away?

Oh I would've made time if I would've noticed! :hug: I'm here to stay though!

I'm just so excited for all our Halloween pics! Are you just planning on going trick or treating around your neighborhood or are you going some place special?? I bet its going to be so fun!!

I will definitely need a compare and contrast of Kona between breakfast and dinner! I want to try both but can probably only squeeze in one or the other my next trip!

I accidentally posted before finishing my reply! I'm hoping you get a queen bed! I don't know if they only have those in a few certain buildings or what, but I hope you have some pixie dust and get it! :wizard:

Feel free to ship me some cheesefries!! :rotfl:

They have a little safe in the room, I believe. My dad had most of the important paperwork and I never saw it out. It may have either been still in the suitcase, just out of sight, or in the safe. I'm not sure. :confused3

Oh I would've made time if I would've noticed! :hug: I'm here to stay though!

I'm just so excited for all our Halloween pics! Are you just planning on going trick or treating around your neighborhood or are you going some place special?? I bet its going to be so fun!!

I will definitely need a compare and contrast of Kona between breakfast and dinner! I want to try both but can probably only squeeze in one or the other my next trip!

We're just going around our neighborhood then over to my house so my parents can see him. My house is always the last stop because we give him special goodies and he plays around the house for awhile. Plus, it will be nice to get warm!

Hmm..I guess if you could only do breakfast or dinner at Kona..I'd look at the menus and see what appealed to you more.

I accidentally posted before finishing my reply! I'm hoping you get a queen bed! I don't know if they only have those in a few certain buildings or what, but I hope you have some pixie dust and get it! :wizard:

Feel free to ship me some cheesefries!! :rotfl:

They have a little safe in the room, I believe. My dad had most of the important paperwork and I never saw it out. It may have either been still in the suitcase, just out of sight, or in the safe. I'm not sure. :confused3

Haha, I wish I could send you some. I will take a pic for you though.

Okay thanks. I think we'll be using the safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter