Go to park on arrival day ?

We always go to the MK on arrival day unless we get in really late because that first day we are ready to go.

It is a had decision when you already have everything planned. If you have your heart set on MK first, you would get there around 2 or 3 and can stay until 7. For the cost, it would be worth it to me. Then you could go back to the hotel and swim and get settled in or do dinner somewhere. If you have hoppers, you could hop to Epcot or DHS

Even though MK closes early because of the party, the crowds will probably be pretty light because lots of people skip MK on party days due to the early closure time. It tends to drive people toward other parks, so the lines should be pretty short for attractions! Especially between 5:00 and 7:00 pm.

I'd go to MK, stay until 7:00, then have a nice dinner somewhere outside MK (at a monorail resort, maybe?) before heading to your hotel. Then go to bed fairly early so you can get going pretty early the next day.

Have fun!

I would go to MK even though it closes early. Travel is tiring for me (probably because I stay up so late getting everything ready to go). But I am energized, if only for a few hours, when we arrive. I'd go for just a couple of hours to MK and just enjoy it, no specific plan. It sounds like you've got all your must-do's planned out for other days. I'd head back to the room and get settled in, maybe a swim before going to bed early to recover from travel and be ready to go for the first full day.

We are going to a park on our arrival day. Just going that evening to eat dinner, watch parades, fireworks and kick off our week of fun.

We have always arrived on a Sunday so we hit MK after checking in and getting settled since it's usually a EMH night as well. There is no way I can be at Disney that first day and not go to a park and MK is the first and last park we visit for us! :)

Even though MK closes early because of the party, the crowds will probably be pretty light because lots of people skip MK on party days due to the early closure time. It tends to drive people toward other parks, so the lines should be pretty short for attractions! Especially between 5:00 and 7:00 pm.

I'd go to MK, stay until 7:00, then have a nice dinner somewhere outside MK (at a monorail resort, maybe?) before heading to your hotel. Then go to bed fairly early so you can get going pretty early the next day.

Have fun!

I agree with this plan!

I have done it both ways and both worked. Did have the advantage one time of MK being open until 12 with EMH. The other time we did 1900 Park Fare and swimming. One time we got there another time at about 4 and just went to DTD. Next big trip I plan on getting that extra time at MK.
If you do not see MK as a good fit HS would not be a bad choice with FP+.

We never do a park on arrival day; we'll get in a swim (DD loves that as much as the parks) and DTD, then relatively early to bed.

But if you want to add a day so you can go to a park on arrival day, one thing that hasn't been mentioned is to go to the park first. Additional days can be added at any time before your last day is used up (even on the last day as long as parks are still open). If you purchased your tickets/package prior to the ticket price increase (June?), by adding days prior to use you'll need to pay the increased base price as well. So, yes, you could add the day at your resort, but it might be wise to wait and add it later after you've entered a park.

Enjoy your vacation!

We always do a park on arrival day even if it is only for a few hours. The kids can never wait and I would feel like I am "wasting" time if I hung out at the resort.

I'm another vote for going to a park. I can NOT arrive at Disney and say "oh, I'll just go tomorrow". No way no how! The ONLY time I have not gone to a park at arrival was on a solo trip; my plane didn't arrive until 8-ish, and even then I was wondering on my drive to the resort if I could make it into Epcot for the last 30 minutes it was open. I chose not to, but it hurt to make that choice. :lmao:

Even this trip, I probably will go straight to a park when I get to my hotel, without even checking in. I'll be arriving early, so I'll probably just drop my stuff off at bell services and GET OUTTA THERE!

We try to get the first flight in the morning so we can definitely go to a park on our arrival day!! Ideally we'd go to MK first so we can really feel like we've arrived. Either way we make sure to at least step foot in MK!

In the minority here so far, but we prefer to relax at the resort and let the pixie dust slowly settle over us. We take a nap, slow stroll around the resort, pool-time, and usually have an ADR at our resort. Then we're well-rested and ready to hit a park the next morning.

We used to go but the last two years (we started driving) we end up there a day early and add on to our reservation. So far that has meant same room no moving. We do pool and downtown Disney that day. Then the first day of our actual res we do go to the park so Idk what that's considered lol. I guess no for arrival day for us now! But arrival day has become an extra day for us.

Do what you feel you want. I believe you can still add on a day after you check in for the discounted package rate where it's less each day you stay (up until the last day I think. Someone confirm bc I can't remember) so if you get there and wanna go- go and then if that eats up one of your planned days, just add another one for like $10 a person.

I am just so scared I'll mess up my FP+:rolleyes2
I will wait til we arrive and see there what can be done.

We've never done a park day on our first day, but we will this trip :cool1:. We'll get to the hotel about 11:30ish via ME and I think that will give us plenty of time to get to AK, spend a few hours (only planning on 2 shows + 3 attractions), and then to MK early evening (closes at 1am) for some touring then our late BOG reservation.

Hopefully we won't exhaust ourselves.

Earlier flight than usual. Yay! So we will arrive late morning. We plan to request an early check in, have lunch at resort, explore a bit, relax, hopefully a PM nap and then off to MK extra magic hours that night and a BOG dinner as well! Of course excitement may get the best of us and that relaxing start may turn into a full MK day! Either way it's FUN!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter