• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go to our New New New Coupon Train Thread!

I've just sent PM's to five riders who haven't posted on our thread during July. If you didn't receive a PM from me, you've been checked off for July and thank you very much for posting your messages. We like hearing from you so it's much appreciated by your train buddies and me. :worship: :thumbsup2 :worship:

ETA~~We are down to four. If you received a PM regarding July check in, please contact me.

ETA~~We are down to one. MANDY48449 needs to contact me please.

I'm so sorry to hear about your DD's dance teacher. What a shock that must have been for all of you. Did the truck driver fall asleep or what happened that he crossed the median?

Thanks for asking about DBIL. We spoke to him yesterday afternoon and he sounded very tired, but his surgeries went very well according to his doctor. He's getting lots of morphine right now. His shoulder was so shattered that they had to put in a shoulder replacement. He said that was hurting the most yesterday, but thankfully, it's his left side and he's righthanded. His hip wasn't as badly damaged so that required repair with a pin and didn't need to be replaced. What happened was he had installed a new service door in their garage and he was caulking around the casing when the ladder gave way and he crashed down on huge decorative rocks. A real blessing was that our DSIL was home and not at work. They live out in the country with no neighbors nearby and no one would have known he had fallen if she had been at work. That's a scary thought! She's an RN so she knew how to respond to his injuries while waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Sure wish they lived closer but they're 300 miles SE of us. We hope to get down to visit him soon.

WOW what a huge blessing that she was home to help. Hope he has a quick recovery. :hug:

I think that's a totally fabulous idea. :thumbsup2 I've read about when others have saved that way and heard it accumulates fast. For an avid couponer, you could probably take a trip in no time and even have more than one bathroom!! :rotfl2: :banana: :dance3:
har de har har.
did I mention the toilet in the bathroom overfloweth most of the time too?:lmao:

Hi Everyone!
I'm back in town and ready to jump back on the train.

hauntedmansionmomma - I do that. I have Tinkerbell bank on my dresser where all my "coupon money" goes. I explained to my DD7 what it was and she will now only choose cereal for which I have a coupon! :lmao:
I love that we're raising the next generation to watch what they spend! Maybe they will be able to care for us in our old age:thumbsup2

I do this..I just started in June and am over $200 just solely by putting what i save with coupons into a fund. We are planning on using it to get a fence/pool next summer and get tickets to a football game next season. If we can save $100 a month we will be pretty close to the goal. We also don't use change and put that in the fund and sometimes extra singles.
hmmmm. This does sound like a good idea...I like the idea of having a purpose for the $ (rather than just "savings"). I may try this! Thanks for all of the input everyone!

Here's :grouphug: for everyone going through some hard times/getting sad news. Sometimes I wish we could all just sit around a kitchen table and have coffee together...I guess we do that thru the computer, eh?:grouphug:

sumlthomp - got 2 fat envies! thank ya!
NatashaG - welcome back! I'll have an XL envie going out on Monday to you.

was out of town
Disneydork, received yours from last week
Disneysuncat, sent you a PM. will be mailed first thing Monday

LovesTimone

I was out of town for a week and wasn't sure if you mailed me an envie this week (7/19) the train was rerouted for you to be my sender and I didn't see a post saying you mailed and I haven't gotten anything. My final envie from Katt was very small so I don't have much to mail to Lackeygang.

PrincessPaige - how are you doing today? I have been thinking of you going through your Aunt's stuff. I hope you can remember happy thoughts as you see things. :hug:

Thanks for thinking of me. I ended up staying home and my parents and older brother went to hlep out. I believe there was a lot of laughter over some of the things she kept...I still can't believe some of the things she thought she needed to keep. :goodvibes

Unfortunatly we have had our own tragedy. A couple weeks ago, DD's beloved dance teacher was killed in a horrific auto accident along with her husband, son and son-in-law. An 18wheeler crossed the median of the interstate, slammed into their pick-up truck and all were killed instantly. (not the truck driver, he was barely hurt) Senseless. She was 76 years old and had taught dance for 63 years. She was absolutely amazing.

It is scary how suddenly things can happen. Lots of :hug: to your and your DD.

Thanks for asking about DBIL. We spoke to him yesterday afternoon and he sounded very tired, but his surgeries went very well according to his doctor. He's getting lots of morphine right now. His shoulder was so shattered that they had to put in a shoulder replacement. He said that was hurting the most yesterday, but thankfully, it's his left side and he's righthanded. His hip wasn't as badly damaged so that required repair with a pin and didn't need to be replaced. What happened was he had installed a new service door in their garage and he was caulking around the casing when the ladder gave way and he crashed down on huge decorative rocks. A real blessing was that our DSIL was home and not at work. They live out in the country with no neighbors nearby and no one would have known he had fallen if she had been at work. That's a scary thought! She's an RN so she knew how to respond to his injuries while waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Sure wish they lived closer but they're 300 miles SE of us. We hope to get down to visit him soon.

My mom is an LPN and I know that I called her about every little bump and scrape DD used to get (I have gotten better about "sucking it up" and not getting all crazy! :lmao:), so I know what a blessing it was that she was home. Here is some pixiedust: for a speedy recovery.

Here's :grouphug: for everyone going through some hard times/getting sad news. Sometimes I wish we could all just sit around a kitchen table and have coffee together...I guess we do that thru the computer, eh?:grouphug:

I like to think we do that...only I have my big glass of water and am around that table at night. ;)

Almost forgot, vsimeone, I received my envelope on Friday...at least I think it was yesterday, could have been Thursday. UGH, I need to go back to work just so I know what day of the week it is. :rotfl2:

Did the truck driver fall asleep or what happened that he crossed the median? Intial report is that the front left tire blew. I think there was more to it though as he is in jail.

So thankful she was home. We will be praying that he has a speedy recovery.

hmmmm. This does sound like a good idea...I like the idea of having a purpose for the $ (rather than just "savings"). I may try this! Thanks for all of the input everyone!
You are right. I am going to have to put some more thought into this after reading everyone else's responses.

It is scary how suddenly things can happen. Lots of :hug: to your and your DD.
thank you

I like to think we do that...only I have my big glass of water and am around that table at night. ;)

and make mine a coke :goodvibes

Illumfan-

small envelope going out today. Sorry wish there were more. I've been 4 weeks without receiving coupons. Hopefully this week I'll get some.

hppy2bhome

Hi hppy2bhome,

I received the envelope a few days ago and I appreciate it -- I've been saving a lot more money since I joined the train! I'm glad you're feeling beter.

Velrox,

Will be sending yours out tomorrow. Have a great week.

Heading to the 24/7 automated machine at the p.o. to mail your coupons right now. If any of my envies ever come postage due, PLEASE let me know. I don't always trust those machines to do everything correctly.....LOL....it can't be me, can it? :rolleyes1

I have a nice fat envie waiting for the PO tomorrow. Although, I may try UPS since it's often cheaper by me! Either way, it'll be on it's way soon.

I received TWO envies from Disneysuncat this week. One came Friday and the other came yesterday.

I have a large envie headed to Princesspaige in the morning!

Have a wonderful week, Everyone! :hippie:

I have a small envie going out to you tomorrow, and hopefully another going out later in the week.

Mandy484449- I received my envelope on Friday. Thanks!!!

Princessbride6205- I have your envelope ready to be mailed tomorrow.

Mary

Ok_state angel,
Just letting you I put an envie in the mail today and will put another one in the mail tomorrow. Hope you find lots of savings!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter