GO ROYALS!

What a great game! We are on the east coast so we struggled to stay awake (especially since we get up at 5:30 AM). But we did and it was so worth it. Wish we were in Kansas City to celebrate with everyone else. It was a little lonely here. :) But what a great night for a great team!

They actually cancelled school for tomorrow in our district. I guess they figured too many kids would just skip class anyway.

They actually cancelled school for tomorrow in our district. I guess they figured too many kids would just skip class anyway.

That is great! I hope they show the parade on national TV. I promised my husband I would record it if I can. He grew up just outside KC and has been a fan all his life. Enjoy the parade!

You guys did an amazing job. I was at the game last night (as a Mets fan) and after our errors your guys took the bull by the horn and killed us. It was a great game and I can't be upset that the Mets ultimately lost to am amazing club.

We are in Shawnee Mission and NO school either. I'm nervous about the crowd, but I figure if I can do Disney two days before Christmas Day, I can do this parade....MAYBE. LOL... Way to go, ROYALS!!

We are in Shawnee Mission and NO school either. I'm nervous about the crowd, but I figure if I can do Disney two days before Christmas Day, I can do this parade....MAYBE. LOL... Way to go, ROYALS!!

We're in Independence. You got our old superintendent.

My daughter is thrilled to have another day off. We just got back from Disney Friday, then had today off for fall break and will continue her fun through the day off tomorrow.

I have zero idea how crazy the parade will be, but I volunteered to drive my husband and 22 year old son down and drop them off as close as we could get. It's a shame our 20 year old is down in Rolla and won't get to experience it.

We're in Independence. You got our old superintendent.

My daughter is thrilled to have another day off. We just got back from Disney Friday, then had today off for fall break and will continue her fun through the day off tomorrow.

I have zero idea how crazy the parade will be, but I volunteered to drive my husband and 22 year old son down and drop them off as close as we could get. It's a shame our 20 year old is down in Rolla and won't get to experience it.

Aww, your poor kiddo. Its a big deal! I think how most people weren't even here for the 1985 championship. We have to go, just HAVE to. I'm actually bummed because I can't find a darn newspaper in the whole city...seriously, this is the "good Karma" I get for saving trees and using the internet for my news, really?
I am indifferent to my new Superintendent....all I know is that I used to get harassed for kids missing for the Disney trips and this year I was not for taking them in Sept and still have Dec trip to go so I am pleased for now haha

Aww, your poor kiddo. Its a big deal! I think how most people weren't even here for the 1985 championship. We have to go, just HAVE to. I'm actually bummed because I can't find a darn newspaper in the whole city...seriously, this is the "good Karma" I get for saving trees and using the internet for my news, really?
I am indifferent to my new Superintendent....all I know is that I used to get harassed for kids missing for the Disney trips and this year I was not for taking them in Sept and still have Dec trip to go so I am pleased for now haha

LOL, I actually got on a plane on a random Wednesday afternoon in December in Las Vegas on our way home from Disneyland only to see Dr. Hinson get on right after us. Thankfully he didn't grill us on why my then 13 year old wasn't in school. ;) Give him a chance. We really liked him.

I really wish there was a way to get our 20 year old home. But he doesn't have a car, so it would be pretty complicated. And he doesn't really have any classes he can miss. Sigh.

I wonder if they'll do another run of the paper? I'd like to have one too, but we gave up our subscription a few years back when someone kept taking it out of our driveway.

Just got this information in an email from the Royals. Thought some of you might be interested!

#RoyalsCelebration Parade & Rally Scheduled for Tomorrow
The City of Kansas City, MO and the Kansas City Royals invite all fans to a Royal Celebration for our World Champion team tomorrow, November 3rd. The parade starts at 12 p.m. on Grand Boulevard between the Sprint Center and the Kansas City Power & Light District. The parade will end at the Victory Rally stage, located in front of Union Station, with viewing opportunities on the north lawn of the National WWI Museum and Memorial. The Victory Rally will start at approximately 2 p.m., shortly after the end of the parade arrives. Come out and join your Kansas City Royals as we celebrate the 2015 World Championship!

Would love to hear about the parade if any of you are able to attend.

Anybody else looking forward to Opening Day when we play the Mets at the K? You know, when they'll have the ring ceremony and hoist the new flag. And they'll have to watch. Yikes !!

Totally thinking about playing hookey with the husband tomorrow to drive down for the parade....

LOL, I actually got on a plane on a random Wednesday afternoon in December in Las Vegas on our way home from Disneyland only to see Dr. Hinson get on right after us. Thankfully he didn't grill us on why my then 13 year old wasn't in school. ;) Give him a chance. We really liked him.

I really wish there was a way to get our 20 year old home. But he doesn't have a car, so it would be pretty complicated. And he doesn't really have any classes he can miss. Sigh.

I wonder if they'll do another run of the paper? I'd like to have one too, but we gave up our subscription a few years back when someone kept taking it out of our driveway.

That is good to know about Hinson. I'm usually GREAT about making sure my kids have great attendance....but...Disney is my kryptonite...all bets are off when it comes to that place. :rolleyes1 I'm usually given a written warning if too many more days are missed, there may be a meeting with the board....that's Kansas for ya!

I really wish your boy could go too...for all we know, he won't have another opportunity until he's 50, if he is lucky. I'm keeping my kids very engaged to try to plant a decent memory in their brains. I was one of the fools in the 2 block lines at Rally House to be the first to buy them all World Series Champions tshirts, I let them stay up to watch a couple of the World Series games (a couple were adults only at the bars), and now I'm going to face that massive crowd for them to cheer them on with their city. :crazy2:
My nearest Hen House had a replenishment of KC Stars and told me many other retailers did as well...I bought one for each kid :teeth:

Anybody else looking forward to Opening Day when we play the Mets at the K? You know, when they'll have the ring ceremony and hoist the new flag. And they'll have to watch. Yikes !!

Totally thinking about playing hookey with the husband tomorrow to drive down for the parade....

For some strange reason, I was more emotionally vested with our opponent in the American League Championship game than the World Series against the Mets. Bautista brought us more drama, which I am a sucker for

That is good to know about Hinson. I'm usually GREAT about making sure my kids have great attendance....but...Disney is my kryptonite...all bets are off when it comes to that place. :rolleyes1 I'm usually given a written warning if too many more days are missed, there may be a meeting with the board....that's Kansas for ya!

I really wish your boy could go too...for all we know, he won't have another opportunity until he's 50, if he is lucky. I'm keeping my kids very engaged to try to plant a decent memory in their brains. I was one of the fools in the 2 block lines at Rally House to be the first to buy them all World Series Champions tshirts, I let them stay up to watch a couple of the World Series games (a couple were adults only at the bars), and now I'm going to face that massive crowd for them to cheer them on with their city. :crazy2:
My nearest Hen House had a replenishment of KC Stars and told me many other retailers did as well...I bought one for each kid :teeth:

I actually toyed with offering to drive to Rolla early today and get him. But then he'd have to get back for an exam tomorrow morning. LOL. Wouldn't have been a good plan.

I did just drive my husband and 22 year old downtown. I survived that but am bracing myself for the trip back down to pick them up later!

Reports this morning are estimating the crowd at the parade yesterday to be as high as 800K. I got caught in a little traffic, but it sounds like I really got off lucky. I'm really glad at least one of our sons got to experience it!

Copied off my facebook page. Yes Royals and fans, that is how you do it!!

In most cities, A World Series Championship = Riots...Fires...Shootings...Murders

In KANSAS CITY, A World Series Championship = True Appreciation.

Copied off my facebook page. Yes Royals and fans, that is how you do it!!

In most cities, A World Series Championship = Riots...Fires...Shootings...Murders

In KANSAS CITY, A World Series Championship = True Appreciation.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter