• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go Pro question

JamiLeigh1913

Earning My Ears
can someone point me to the link that show exactly what is allowed in the parks, specifically GoPro accessories.

Also, is there any where in the parks or resorts that sell SD cards?

Thanks!!

You can really use anything except the long go pro sticks aka selfie sticks. And you can't use the clamp attachments on rides.

And for SD cards I'd imagine the camera shops at the front of the park sells them. But I've never looked for them and I'd try to get one before arriving

Basically it is bigger than a handheld grip, they may refuse to let it in. Hand grips, chest harnesses, etc are all ok. Regular tripods need to fit inside a backpack, and cannot be used as a selfie stick or to look over walls.

Some of the gift shops and the camera centers I believe stock a small selection of memory cards. But I would strongly suggest buying them in advance, or even online from Amazon for a better selection and prices.

They do sell SD cards in most of the gift shops. But you aren't going to get:

1) The brand you want
2) The capacity you want or
3) The price you want.

I suggest buying some extra at home ahead of time. You'll get a lot more for your money.

I'd highly recommend just hand-holding your GoPro, plus a wrist tether. IMO, much easier to keep track of exactly where you're pointing it that way.

And you may already know this, but in case you're just buying the camera, GoPro takes a microSD (and you want a class 10). Sorry if you already know that :)

I'd highly recommend just hand-holding your GoPro, plus a wrist tether. IMO, much easier to keep track of exactly where you're pointing it that way.

And you may already know this, but in case you're just buying the camera, GoPro takes a microSD (and you want a class 10). Sorry if you already know that :)

Yup, we have the sd card for it. We do plan to take a couple extra, my husband is just wanting to make sure we have an option to buy one just in case.

Thanks everyone!!

I'm debating a GoPro for our November trip. What attachments do you use to get the awesome ride footage? I was thinking a clamp, but just read that you can't do that? For those of you that used one, what advice do you have?

We just got back and used the GoPro throughout our stay on rides and other experiences. I would recommend the short non-expandable stick that has the wrist tether with it. They are about 8 inches long and are permitted. We also just held our camera on some of the rides, (as the previous poster recommended), and got some great footage.

I bought a bunch of attachments for the trip, but never used anything other than what I mentioned above.

I think the sticks, even the short ones, make for smoother footage than hand holding the camera case. I use the Bobber the most and you will get great POV footage with it on rides. Note that no mounts are allowed at the water parks, I.e. You must hand-hold there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter