• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

go go traveler elite plus

janetanne

Previous DVC member
Has anyone rented the go go traveler elite plus scooter? It seems to be very light weight for transporting. I saw the Revo advertised but not the traveler elite plus by any of the rental agencies. If so, what was your experience and where? thx

I don't know about where to rent one (maybe Apple Scooters?), but I have that scooter as my personal scooter and I LOVE it!

It is a nice compact scooter with a good amount of power and battery length.

It is easy to transport and to break apart. All you do to break it apart is remove the seat, lift out the battery, turn a knob on the front to drop the tiller and pull up on a lever by the seat post and lift the main deck off of the rear wheel assembly. The rear wheels, by the way, is the heaviest piece of the whole thing (about 39 lbs). If someone has the strength or two people and you have the room, it can be lifted into the back of an SUV or van fairly easily without taking it all apart (I just remove the seat and battery and can lift the rest by myself).

Any questions just pm me and I'll be glad to help however I can.

Has anyone rented the go go traveler elite plus scooter? It seems to be very light weight for transporting. I saw the Revo advertised but not the traveler elite plus by any of the rental agencies. If so, what was your experience and where? thx

My 13 year old son uses this type of scooter. IT is lightweight. His battery seems to stay charged after 12 hrs!

It breaks up into 5 pieces the heaviest weighing 35lbs. It will fit in the truck of cpmpact cars or back seat. You can change the color of the panels too!!! Feel free to ask anymore questions....

Charleyann

Charleyann

Forgot to mention. Florida Mobility rents these. The reason I know is because airline dropped and damaged my son. Airline got Florida mobilty to fix my son and gave us the same to use as our was fixed. They told me they rent them out too....This is in Orlando

I spent a couple of months researching which scooter would best suite our needs in WDW. My girlfriend needs one in the parks, but not in her day to day life. The Go-Go Elite quickly made its way to the top of my list.

Making that kind of investment, I wanted to try one out before making a purchase. I found this rental company in the WDW area. I rented from them twice. Their service was excellent and the scooters worked perfectly.

Using the rented scooters, it made my decision to purchase easy. I was able to see how they held up to being used daily in the parks. I was very happy with the scooters I rented and the one I purchased.

When my mother needed a scooter (cost effective to buy rather than rent for 3 weeks and then 2 weeks) she tried the Pride Go-Go Elite 4 (not the Plus as she is tiny). She found it so easy to drive and I was so impressed I bought myself one too!

Great scooters for Disney and they break up into such easy pieces. We would just remove the seats, drop the tiller and put them both into the back of the van we hired.

My DH saw a man in the city w/ one and suggested I look into it. I rented one from Apple and was very happy. After a day or 2 the battery wasn't keeping the charge. I called and they came and replaced the battery w/in seconds. I had a bad experience with a revo with Buena Vista. The scooter served its purpose and was easy to navigate. It was much more comfortable than I expected and was easy to get in/out of. I plan on purchasing one to use when we go to parks closer to home. I mentioned this to a lady in the parks who had one and she had the same experience as me but suggested that I purchase a 4 wheeled one.

I'm sure that the 4 wheeled one is just as nice the only thing is that you add weight to the scooter and width to the front along with a longer turning radius, then you have with the 3 wheeled. Unless you need the extra stability that the 4 wheel has a 3 wheeled one is just fine in my book. I have had no troubles with it trying to tip over or anything and I have placed it in some unique situations lately. It behaved just fine.

I'm sure that the 4 wheeled one is just as nice the only thing is that you add weight to the scooter and width to the front along with a longer turning radius, then you have with the 3 wheeled. Unless you need the extra stability that the 4 wheel has a 3 wheeled one is just fine in my book. I have had no troubles with it trying to tip over or anything and I have placed it in some unique situations lately. It behaved just fine.

The extra few inches in length the 4 wheel provides does make a huge difference if you have particularly long legs. ;) I agree that either one is perfect for renting while at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter