• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GMR - "location" of the Alien scene?

gumbo1009

...flawed product of a deranged mind...
In case we decide to try GMR, I am wondering when the Alien scene is (want to be sure to cover DD6s eyes b/c I really don't think she'll be too keen on it - the kid can't even handle skeletons so we'll be skipping HM and POTC).

And beyond the Alien, is this a ride that young kids enjoy? (Or should we just skip it?)

It's after the interactive part of the ride. You'll go the Public Enemy section into a wild west section. Following those sequences you will be in the Alien part of the ride.

there are also several skeletons on the ride. Their eye's light up. There are a lot of snakes in the Indiana Jones scene (as well as a human 'dies')

It is a very fun ride, and very cooling when it is so hot outside! :laughing: I just wanna let you know, that there is an Indiana Jones part of the ride where there are skeletons. In addition to a wild west part of the ride where there are a few gun fights. The Alien part is around the wild west part. There is a large movie screen that you watch when you are waiting in line that shows movie clips of the movies in the ride, including Alien. I think that the ride may be a little bit creepy for a girl of her age, but you know her better than I do! There's probably a Youtube video of GMR that you could watch and judge for yourself! I hope that you have a fantastic trip and that everything works out and have lots of fun! :thumbsup2

my parents said when I was her age that was my all time favorite ride and we used to do it 5 times a day. I guess it depends on your daughter but I loved it. I admit my parents said the aliens did startle me at first but dad made sure I was okay and then I was fine after that.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SKIP HAUNTED MANSION OR PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN. I am the biggest scaredy cat of them :mickeyjumall my first trip to Disney was when I was two years old, I still remember it today, my dad held me and explained to me it wasn't a scary Haunted Mansion that it was meant to be funny and I really think your children can handle it I don't think Pirates is scary at all, there is a drop a small drop but please I would say do not pass these up!!!! If I am wrong I apologize but these two rides make Disney and I am afraid of my own shadow and I can handle it.

There is also a "horror" movie section with mummies, skeletons (I think) and zombies. My dd10 was okay with everything but we did "hide" during the Alien scene. It's really obvious. You have warning before anything jumps out.

Last trip was the first time we had the alien on the side and not in the ceiling. It's always been in the ceiling for us.

And we got 2 cowboys, 1 gangster. We've NEVER gotten TWO cowboys. :banana:

It's okay to skip anything they don't want to do. There's been threads about parents who "forced" their kids to do something and it ruined their trip. DD has said she will NEVER do Haunted Mansion and I'm okay with that, until she does decide to do it. Doesn't hurt my enjoyment of my trip. She won't do POTC either, she tried it and didn't like the darkness of it. Plus she doesn't like the animatronics figures, she said the Carousel of Progress followed her with his eyes

When my sisters were little we'd get them to cover their eye as we headed into Alien and say they could open them again when they heard Tarzan! :lmao:

If you check out a couple videos online you'll see that you can't miss Alien. It even says, "Warning, you are now entering Alien". Or something similar.

In case we decide to try GMR, I am wondering when the Alien scene is (want to be sure to cover DD6s eyes b/c I really don't think she'll be too keen on it - the kid can't even handle skeletons so we'll be skipping HM and POTC).

And beyond the Alien, is this a ride that young kids enjoy? (Or should we just skip it?)

Not add spoilers but .......

Everyone is also forgetting the the climax to the ride where the bad guy turns into a skeleton. Not an anamatonic, but a CM playing a part. So if anyone has issues with static skeletons this would have to by a bit more of an issue.

If the kid can't handle skeletons you're going to have to cover her eyes for more than just the Alien scene. The entire Indiana Jones/horror movie scene as well. I think if you are going to skip Pirates you might have to skip this ride too.

This thread is the first time I've ever heard of anyone being afraid of the Carousel of Progress though.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SKIP HAUNTED MANSION OR PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN. I am the biggest scaredy cat of them :mickeyjumall my first trip to Disney was when I was two years old, I still remember it today, my dad held me and explained to me it wasn't a scary Haunted Mansion that it was meant to be funny and I really think your children can handle it I don't think Pirates is scary at all, there is a drop a small drop but please I would say do not pass these up!!!! If I am wrong I apologize but these two rides make Disney and I am afraid of my own shadow and I can handle it.

You're sweet! Perhaps she will change her mind when we get there, but if not, we'll be going back again next year. You and I may realize that these are fun rides (not scary) but unless I can sway her, I won't force her to go on. Besides, I'm just happy that THIS trip she'll willing to do Splash Mt (last time "her thing" was water -- any chance of being splashed and she was NOT interested -- I haven't been on Splash Mt since 1982 and I am VERY excited!)

Thanks for your thoughts - if I can't convince her this time, perhaps she'll be more willing next year (at age 7).

If the kid can't handle skeletons you're going to have to cover her eyes for more than just the Alien scene. The entire Indiana Jones/horror movie scene as well. I think if you are going to skip Pirates you might have to skip this ride too.

OK, I have been convinced, we'll just cross GMR off the list.

The skeletons thing is weird -- she's OK with "dead skeletons (e.g, as in the Goonies movie) but she's not thrilled with "live" skeletons (e.g. POTC).

ask to sit in the last car. far right. left. You will miss almost all of it but you will be close to ripley

its a fantastic ride and definitely have to go

The Alien scene is my FAVORITE as I am a die hard Alien series fan. But I was very scared of it when I was younger. I really hope they never take that scene out of GMR though :)

I've seen kids that young be fine on GMR. Of course, you know your child though (and what will scare them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter