Gmax Bday Trip: Expect the Unexpected! "Closing Time" Pg 15

After leaving Frontier Land, we crossed the bridge to Main Street.

IMG_5279.jpg
IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5282.jpg
IMG_5283.jpg
IMG_5284.jpg

It was here I was FINALLY going to do what I've ALWAYS wanted - look through the shops! I even told PAntss to leave me it they wanted to, but they wanted to come along. We walked along the left-side of the street facing the exit. Alot of this stuff is expensive! So taking a cue from DISer MeMom, I took pics of things I wanted!

If anyone would like to purchase any of the items below for me, please call
1-800-555-GMAX. All credit cards accepted.

IMG_5287.jpg
IMG_5288.jpg
IMG_5289.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg
IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg
IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

This is my Bday gift to myself!​

In between the shops, we went in the little alley way, where I found this little window of a tap dancing class:

IMG_5294.jpg

Unfortunantly, I can't find the video clip! Well . . . when you stand by the window, you can hear a man teaching a tap dancing class! It's the cutest thing! So the next time you're on main street, facing the castle, walk down the little ally on your right, and take a listen!

We then popped in a kitchen ware and candy shop!

IMG_5301.jpg
IMG_5302.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg
IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_5298.jpg
IMG_5300.jpg

After playing around in the shops, and buying 2 Rice Crispies Mickey Heads, we headed back outside. There I saw a Balloon Guy. Since it was my bday, AND I was wearing a tiara, I had the guts to ask to hold the balloons for a picture! The wind was blowing a little so it took a few tries . . .

IMG_5306.jpg
IMG_5304.jpg

I was sooooo excited! But I must say, I was little disappointed that I didnt feel like I was gonna float away like in "Up"!

While on Main Street, I called my friend with the "Hook-Ups" to let them know where we were so we could hook-up. Unfortunantly, our schedules STILL didn't match up. So they told me to go to City Hall, and give them my name so I could receive a "package" . . .

IMG_5308.jpg
IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

I thought Antss was taking a pic of the envelope ONLY so I didn't smile! oops!

Inside the envelope was a voucher for 3 fast passes, and a Birthday Hat!
Can I just tell you, how excited I was! I couldn't believe it! So we headed back over to the hat store on Main Street for my hat! Unfortunantly, they were out of Bday hats. So the CM told me to PICK ANY HAT I WANTED!!! Woo-Hoo! So I got a black hat, with Tinker Bell on it with a wand in her hand. From the wand is some glitter. It's sooooo cute! (sorry no pic)

By this time, it was 150degrees. Pete was tired, and hot, so he headed back to his room. Meanwhile, I asked Antss to . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . .
are you ready . . . I asked Antss to stick around for the next PARADE! I found a PRIMO spot on the curb. HOWEVER, since it was 195degrees, there was NO WAY I could sit there. So we stood against the shops for shade.

While we were waiting, Antss popped in the candy shop. When she came out, she gave me a HUGE chocolate covered strawberry, and crispy chocolate sticks. They were DELICIOUS!

After we finished eating them, she walked around the corner to see if she could find an even better spot - she did! So we were able to SIT in the SHADE and watch the parade!

IMG_5313.jpg
IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg
IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg
IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

After the parade, we both headed out of the park. Antss was going to visit a resort, so she headed towards the busses, while I headed to the monorail to get to the TTC.

When I got to the top of the ramp, I saw that there were no kids waiting to ride in the front car. Hmmmmm . . . Maybe since it's my Birthday, I'll FINALLY get to ride up there!

So I asked the CM about it, and he told me to wait in the front. When the train came, there was a family up there already! BOO!!!! But! He told me that I could wait for the next train to see if I could ride in that one. So I waited. . . . . . . .Meanwhile, the woman whom I met on the train who was also celebrating her Birthday walked up! So she and her friend came to wait with me! We had fun chatting about our day as we waited.

Then here comes the train . . . .

As the train slowed, I crossed my fingers . . .

IMG_5327.jpg

The family inside GOT OUT!!!! YAY!!!!! I was SOOOOOOO excited! I've NEVER been in that front car before!!!!!

IMG_5330.jpg
IMG_5331.jpg

After we boarded, my fellow Bday Friend told me to put my Tiara back on!

IMG_5332.jpg
IMG_5333.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg
IMG_5337.jpg

And of Course, I had to shoot some video! This woman is HYY-Larry-Us!

I was CRACKING UP!!!! Soon they got off though, since they were going to The Contemporary. So for a short moment, I was in there alone!

IMG_5338.jpg
IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5341.jpg

IMG_5342.jpg
IMG_5343.jpg

My ride was GREAT! I made my eyes as big as could to take in all the sites!
When I heard about the monorail crash last week, I was so glad that it wasnt the conductor I met. Still, it's really sad what happend . . .

Soon my ride was over, and I was at the TTC to get to my car. This was a GREAT first half of my Birthday indeed!

IMG_5345.jpg
IMG_5346.jpg

Go to Page 15, Post #220

Hey Glenda! I remember how hot is was on your birthday. It was BRUTAL. I felt so much better that I ate!! But anyway, I'm SO glad I'm shared your birthday with ya!
Thank you so much for changing your date! It was TRULLY a treat having you there!

The saddest part of it all, Glenda, is that we were at the MK on that Wednesday and must have been mere minutes ahead of you all day. We started in Fantasyland, headed to Toon Town, and were in Tomorrowland as lunchtime approached. I would have loved to see you with your Cinderella tiara!
Good Grief! Next year, we need compare dates!

Lovin' your TR! And all of your pics!That poor lady passed out at 10:00am, too funny. And love your tiara, you must be a very patient woman to wait that long for the CM's to get it ready for you. Obviously you are not a spoiled Princess. And I now have that song stuck in my head, "Have the time of your life...."
Thanks! Believe me, I felt a little silly waiting for my Tiara, but really HAPPY when they got it off! HA!
I started to take a second shot of that woman, but Ididnt want to press my luck!

Glenda I love waking up to your trip installments because they always make me smile and laugh. I love your little videos, especially the one you did on Main Street. You were right-it was a great day. I have to admit I giggled with delight when I saw you get the Cinderella tiara! Wooohooo! Release your inner princess! :woohoo: I only hope I get to meet you one day...maybe we'll see each other some time at our AKV's home. Your trips are definitely the best and you had some wonderful friends to celebrate your day with. :goodvibes
I'm glad I can make you laugh! I'm going back the week before Christmas, when is your next trip?

The pictures on the ferry boat were great. I could tell how giddy with excitement you were. Your smile was bigger and brighter than ever. Love the tiara. I bet you sometimes wear it around your house when nobody is watching.:rotfl:
HA! No I dont wear it around the house, but I have added it to my "Disney" curio in my living room!

The tiara is by far the coolest purchase! Sometimes those are the greatest memories. What great friends you have for sharing your birthday.

Love the encounter with Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters:thumbsup2

Happy to hear(read) that you are feeling better.
Yes, I was really excited that they both changed/extended their dates that week! And believe me, I'm sooooooooo glad to be feeling better! It was REALLY rough last week!

What a happy little birthday princess you were! Thank you for sharing your birthday with us!

We are hoping to see Stepmother and her girls on this trip. Supposedly, Brooklynn is going to tell the stepmother to be nice to Cinderella, but Jill and I are laying odds that that's not gonna happen! She gets excited about seeing the characters, but when she gets to them, she is usually rendered speechless.

HA! I can't wait to hear what she does! If you can, try to get some video!

What a magical birthday you had!! :hug:
So happy you got to meet the step sisters!!! Aren't they a riot! I loved your poses with them!!!:)
Loved your tiara!! princess: Maybe I should get one to make my 5'2 body stretch a bit upwards!!
I can't wait to hear the "time of your life" song in person!!
It's the BEST hearing that in person! It just depresses me hearing it at home.
The next time you go, DO get a tiara!

I truly like this idea!!!:goodvibes:thumbsup2
Don't get any ideas Missy!

Ok, I love it all, your reporting, videos that make me smile, but I love the random picture of the sleeping person :rotfl2: My forte is taking pictures of men I don't know in manpris so I love running into another DISer that will take pictures of strangers too!:thumbsup2
"MANPRIS"!!!! I love it!!! :lmao:

reading with mixed feelings....so happy you were having a great bday but so sad i was no longer with you guys
so sorry i missed your big day but i just can't thank you guys enough for sending me the photos via text of all the fun you were having while i was slaving away at work...thanks :snooty:

btw...pantss :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: that's too funny....we have to call them that from now on!
"PAntss", the best idea I've had this year! HA!
Again, I'm so glad you were able to come. I hope we'll be able to go on our beach vaca next year!

:yay: i'm glad you "get" it now! see.....they're not just college kids in costumes. they are TALENTED actors and actresses!

that's a jim shore piece!!!! i collect those and i don't have that one. nice! so sweet that she helped you get it.

The characters: I'm not a TRUE convert, but I do understand it a bit better!
The Figurine - didnt realize it was a jim shore. I LOVE IT!

The Dynamic Duo taraaaaaa "PAntss!!!
HA!!!:lmao:

5240_1106284738870_1279340500_30320511_3211102_n.jpg

and he was waiting for her....

LOVE this!!!

I have one of those too, but don't think it's uploaded yet...:rotfl2:
Please post it when you do!

Oh Glenda, I am loving your birthday. What fun! :thumbsup2

I can't believe you have never done character meet & greets before. We love the characters. I think it is part of the overall Disney experience.

BTW...You look fabulous in the tiara! Can't wait for more.
Darleeeeeen! So good to see you! Glad you're liking it so far!

and their son was at epcot.....

DSC04739-1.jpg

and grandma over in toontown....

December132008DisneyDay3MagicKingdo.jpg

i had to join in....i couldn't help myself.
This is soooooo funny! PLEASE everyone, if you have any, POST them HERE!
Now I can't wait till my trip in December so I can get more shots! HA!

Oh my gosh, that is too funny!
I know! I do feel sorry for those people, but I GOTTA laugh!

:lmao: What a great birthday -- Rockstar treatment at POTC, a birthday hat, a ride in the front of the monorail! I don't think it gets any better! And yes, we need to compare dates next time! :thumbsup2

It sounds like you have a fantastic birthday! That was some serious Rock Star Treatment. I can't see your pictures at work, but I bet that Tiara is Rockin'. I want to see that backstage entrance to PoC. Lucky you!

so awesome that you got to go backstage at PotC! such a great birthday treat. and you watched a parade?????? you really are becoming a disney dork like me and a lot of other dissers! :rotfl:

I'm glad I can make you laugh! I'm going back the week before Christmas, when is your next trip?

We'll be there for Christmas! We're arriving on the 17th and staying through New Years. Do we have any overlapping dates? :hyper:

The sleepers in Disney-well, I am guilty of snapping a few of those shots myself. Most of the time they are my own family though-who would string me up by my toenails if I posted them. Last Christmas I did snap a pic of a woman with severe triple muffin top who was also giving us plumbers crack-I thought that qualified as a travel memory since we all had a serious fit of the giggles over it. Like a car accident, you know its bad but you have to look anyway. :rotfl: I feel better now that I've confessed my sins.

I didn't know about the tap dancing window. How cool is that? :cool2: I'm definitely seeking that out next time. And as sad as last weeks monorail accident was, I'm going to try for that next time too. I never rode up front before. Now did you guys get those ginormous rice crispie treats? Woah...I'd need a few weeks to finish those bad boys off. ;)

What great star treatment you received at the MK!!!
I didn't know about the tap dancing window...must check that out! I did know about the phone in the hat shop on Main Street and I scoped that out (an old time phone that you pick up and you can hear people talking on a party line :rotfl:.
Front seat on the monrail! :thumbsup2 You go birthday girl!! :cool1:
Love the video! :lmao:

Wait a second..........:confused3
ok, I'm back. I had to make sure I was reading a Glenda TR! This one has "character pics", "watching a parade", "waiting 30 minutes for Peter Pan"!!:lmao: I was a bit confused!! :rotfl2: You had a wonderful birthday!!!! :banana: You got to ride in the front of the monorail. (don't know if I'd like to do that anymore) I love the Cinderella figurine you got. It's beautiful. BTW, where did you get your Cindy shirt? It's really cute. Those pics of the people sleeping were just too funny!! :rotfl:

Loved the update as usual! My nephew was with me when I was reading it and he said he loves Tinkerbell too but he loves Cinderella the best because her dress matches his eyes. (He's 3. The things this kid likes just because it matches his eyes! Oy!)

Parades can be fun if you catch them at the right time but unless it's Spectromagic or MNSSHP Parade Boo to You, I can't see waiting an hour in heat and sun for it.

I say if it's your birthday and you are in WDW you whatever you want! I got a haircut in the MK in October and afterwards they put "Pixie Dust" on you if you want. I was getting the same looks and it just made me laugh my butt off!

Glad to see you're feeling better and looking forward to the next installment!

So sorry I haven't been around this trip report in awhile! But I'm baaaack & finally all caught up! :)

I think it's so cool that you took pictures with the Step-Mother and Step-Sisters and watched the parade at Magic Kingdom!

I have been a lurker for a while now but I had to post to let you know how much I enjoy your TR's. Matter of fact-the very first TR I ever read on here was one of yours! :worship: You always have so much fun on your trips and always keep me laughing! Love your pictures to see if you are "tall enough" :lmao:
I read that you took some test that says you should date Asian men-hmmm-have you met Jordan yet? :rotfl2:
Have fun in October! I will be there also but I think its a few weeks after you!
Have a great weekend!

What a great birthday you had! You have me imagining spending my b-day at Disney and hoping to get some Disney Magic sent my way.

Now what I have neglected to tell you all, is how people stared and gawked at me the WHOLE time I had the tiara on.

Of course, this just added to the fun for me! And yes, I WILL do it again in the future!

I think I said this before....but I am DEFINITELY going to do this on my birthday in November!! I can't WAIT!! :yay:

This was a great start to a fun birthday....can't wait to see the rest!

Hope you are good!!

Day 6 - My Birthday cont.

After a fun (and blazing hot) morning in Magic Kingdom, I took a break in my room at Kidani Village. After yet another shower, I put on my "Diva" Disney shirt with the Wicked Witch from Snow White on it. I then headed to Jambo House to meet Pete and Antss (PAntss) for my birthday dinner at Boma. Unfortunantly, Angwill was not able to join us. If you're reading this, thanks again for initially asking me out for my birthday! THANK YOU!

Well tonight, I was looking forward to two things: Spinach and Corn Pudding, and PEANUT RICE!!! So of course I was totally excited when we arrived!

IMG_5355.jpg
IMG_5354.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg
IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg
IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5362.jpg
IMG_5364.jpg

After ordering Jungle juice, it was time to hit the buffet! First I like to look at the entire spread, and plan my attack!

IMG_5371.jpg
IMG_5370.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg
IMG_5368.jpg

IMG_5366.jpg
IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5367.jpg

My Favorite! Upside Down Pineapple Cheesecake!​

Hmmm . . . did you notice something? Notice what I DIDN'T take a pic of? Well, I tell ya . . . after looking up and down the buffet TWICE, I did NOT see the Pudding NOR the Rice! WHAT THE WHAT?!!!! I calmed myself down, and started round one: soup and salad.

IMG_5372.jpg
IMG_5373.jpg

When the waiter was near, I asked about the dishes. Apparently, they do NOT serve the pudding EVERY night, and tonight was NOT the night for the Peanut Rice! So the waitress the night before was WRONG!!! UGHHHHHHH!!!

Well, I had no choice but to get over it. I was so sorry that I switched the reservation from joing Angwill and son at 1900 Park Fare. UGHHH!!!! But there was nothing I could do about it now. Soon I was back at the buffet for my entrees...

IMG_5374.jpg

And later the waiter brought over bowls of peanut ride . . .

IMG_5376.jpg

After a second dish, I polished off my meal with a few of the mini-cheesecakes. They've changed ther receipe once again, but they are still good(ish).

Just when we were all stuffed, the waiter brought over yet another bday dessert!

IMG_5377.jpg

Before the check came, Antss announced that she was too pooped to go back to Magic Kingdom! I was really surprised since the whole trip, I felt as if I was trying to keep up with her! So after we ate, Pete agreed to drop Antss off at Saratoga Springs before the 2 of us went to Magic Kingdom.

This would be my first time at Saratoga Springs. I fell in love with it! But too bad it's so S P R E A D out! After we parked, we sat by the water facing Downtown Disney. It was very relaxing siting there listening to the water laping up around the shore.

IMG_5380.jpg
IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg
IMG_5381.jpg

But we were here to drop off Antss. Soon it was time for us to go, so we . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter