• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gluttonous touring around the World Showcase

waffles77

Mouseketeer
I am soooo excited!

My gift to myself this Mothers Day is to travel around the World Showcase partaking of the best desserts that each Country has to offer and the best 'adult' beverage available.

But I need all of you experienced DISer's help!! What desserts should not be missed? Which drinks do I absolutely have to consume?

What do you think are the best desserts and drinks in the World Showcase?

:cool1:

I recommend :)

France: Napolean and the Choc Cake
Norway: School Bread
I buy hard candy and cholcolates in: Germany, Italy and Japan.

Firstly, FANTASTIC thread idea!!! I don't know the name of this, and I'm not sure if it's just a specialty during the "food and wine festival", but the france pavillion has this incredible red slushy-type drink. It's served in a plastic martini glass. It may have been one of the best drinks I've ever had! As for desserts, anything from the Boulangerie Patisserie (behind Chefs de France) is incredible!! You can't go wrong with a french pastry! YUM!

Firstly, FANTASTIC thread idea!!! I don't know the name of this, and I'm not sure if it's just a specialty during the "food and wine festival", but the france pavillion has this incredible red slushy-type drink. It's served in a plastic martini glass. It may have been one of the best drinks I've ever had! As for desserts, anything from the Boulangerie Patisserie (behind Chefs de France) is incredible!! You can't go wrong with a french pastry! YUM!

The drink at France is called the Grand Manier (spelling?) slush. I agree, it's teh best drink in the showcase. The bakery in the France Pavilion has fantastic desserts but I can't narrow it down for you. Germany has the new caramel shop that I've heard is fantastic.

The only desserts that we enjoy would be the chocolate cake from France and ANYTHING from the caramel shop in Germany

The drink at France is called the Grand Manier (spelling?) slush. I agree, it's teh best drink in the showcase. The bakery in the France Pavilion has fantastic desserts but I can't narrow it down for you. Germany has the new caramel shop that I've heard is fantastic.
thanks so much!!! I'll know what to order when I sprint to the France pavillion next time I go!! Such a great drink! Thanks again!

Great question.

On drinks, if you enjoy margaritas or tequila, be sure to stop by the bar inside the Mexico Pavilion...they make specialty margaritas (menu explains the choices, good stuff) in a "to go" cup. You gotta love that. (You can get a frozen marg at the stands outside, which lots of folks love, I happen to enjoy the choices inside Mexico better).

I agree with PPs that the drinks at the stand in France are good. Consider also the a glass of champagne at the same stand...or perhaps a choice of the wines inside the wine store back in the pavilion. The store is right across the "street" from the pastry shop mentioned by PP, where you will find my all time fav dessert: chocolate croissant. But pick what you like -- there's amazing choices and all good.

There's a lighted fountain in the midst of France where sipping the wine and tasting the croisssant is very wonderful!! Have a great trip.:cool1:

DH and I always say we should just camp out at the french pastry shop -- we always end up there anyway!! We really enjoy the apple tarts and sometimes they have peach which make me think I've died and gone to heaven. Enjoy!!

New Werther's caramel shop in Germany - totally amazing choices in there!

Another under the radar choice - baklava in Morocco.

Kaki Gori in Japan.

New Werther's caramel shop in Germany - totally amazing choices in there!

Another under the radar choice - baklava in Morocco.

Kaki Gori in Japan.
can't believe i forgot about the Baklava!!!! It's the best I've ever had!

I had the Kaki Gori in Japan and it was very good! Not your typical snowcone!

I can't wait to hit up the caramel shop in Germany!! People say you gain 5lbs just walking in!!

I'm not a big dessert eater but I have drank around the world a time or two :rotfl: sooo my recommendations would be:

Canada-pass
UK- A Cider from the Rose and Crown Pub
France- A Grey Goose Slushi
Morroco- Pass
Japan-Pass
Americian Adventure- A Sam Adams Cherry Wheat if available or just a Sam Adams
Italy- Rose Regale- SUPER YUMMY!
Germany- A nice Reisling
China-pass
Norway-pass
Mexico-A tri color Margarita!!

Have fun!

What a great idea! Please let us know how it turns out and give us lots of pictures. I wonder if you can go in and get a flan to go at the San Angel Inn. And I'd love to try one of the funnel cakes in front of the American Pavilion. It would be worth trying to get a Tiramisu from one of the restaurants in Italy too. I have to stop. I haven't had lunch yet. I'm starting to drool on my keyboard.:surfweb:

I'll chime in with my votes for the caramel corn from Karamel Küche in the Germany Pavilion and the baklava in Morocco. Particularly, IIRC, the pistachio baklava (as opposed to walnut).

Ooohhhh....caramel corn! I didn't realize that they have it there. Yummy, yummy!

I will definitely post lots of pics.

I have seen so many delicious looking pictures of the Margarita Flight at The Ditch. I heard they have discontinued it though. Is this correct? I am certain that I'll be able to find something to replace it...thanks for the tip to order inside. It's helpful to know that they provide plastic cups inside too so I don't have to just order from the stand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter