Gluten Free Versions

I know! I have done the HEA party a few times and I don't like the EM offerings there. I'm doing the dessert party for the MNSSHP so the plate will probably have that stuff on it again. I'm pretty sure I licked the frosting off those little cupcakes because it was the only edible part. I do like the cheese, fruit, chocolate covered strawberries and I think there might've been a dessert item on the buffet I could have, but I can't remember what it was.
I've done the Star Wars dessert party twice and LOVED the offerings there! The chef came out and showed me what she made which were really good, and she packed it in a bag for me. There were also some things on the buffet line too. So much better than the HEA offerings!

The ROL dessert party was AMAZING!!! I'm seriously considering it for my upcoming trip...but it would be the night after I arrive probably about 2am (flight is scheduled to land at 12:02am so I'm figuring on a longer DME trip) so I'm holding off because I'm afraid I'd be exhausted.

How is the gf cupcake at Sprinkles? I've passed it so many times and never gone in because I didn't think I could eat anything there! We're going again at the end of the month and I will definitely check it out!
And.... you know I've posted this before.... I also can't stand Erin McKenna's baked goods! Something about the bean flour, or the fact that she doesn't use any dairy or sugar (?) and you can definitely taste it. I had to give up gluten, but I'm NOT giving up dairy or sugar! LOL!

I'm excited for another F&W and the gluten free offerings at the booths!

I have been a few times and every time the GF cupcake is a red velvet cupcake. They do not change the GF cupcake to other options. It’s a good cupcake if you like red velvet cupcakes.

Also hate Erin McKenna - just because I can’t have gluten does not mean I want every single good and flavourful thing removed from my food, thank you very much. Pet peeve of mine that so many GF bakeries are also vegan.

omg i am so glad i stumbled onto this thread! I'll be in disney in 28 days with my best friend who has a gluten allergy, and we've made a list of places that have good GF snacks, i'm gonna take erin mckenna off that! we're staying at POFQ so she's already practically skipping about the beignets, and when i found out about the churros at nomad she literally shouted in the middle of a starbucks. the dream would be finding really good GF donuts, but from what i've seen the only ones on property come from EM, and she's tried her donuts before and hated them.

I just returned from Disney, this is what I ate, I am vegetarian and gluten free which limited me a little more than just being gluten free.

At Hollywood Studios - Mama Melrose - Polenta Cake, Mushroom, and Herb Cauliflower (this was so good!) and Flourless Chocolate Cake for dessert (also really good). They brought me out some really good gf rolls with olive oil and spices to dip it in - really good! I also got the S'mores breakfast sandwich at Woody's lunchbox made gluten free and it was decadent!!! I highly recommend this for a treat!!!

At Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest Gluten free waffles, just ok, nothing special, the breads offered with it were great though. For Snack credit - chips and queso at Pecos Bills (loaded with salsa and corn salsa and lots of fixins)

At Kona at the Polynesian - Vegetable Bowl (just ok) but the Tapioca pudding for dessert was so, so good! They also brought me out some rolls and butter - the same rolls as Mama Melrose.

At Animal Kingdom - Satu'li Cantina - tofu, rice and black bean bowl with creamy dressing (yummy!!), At the Nomad Lounge - gluten free churros (the best thing ever), at Tusker House - lots of options at dinner buffet! Too numerous to mention. The dessert here was lacking - there was a little cheesecake item (I think) and enjoy life cookies. I am not big on dessert and I was completely stuffed so I didn't mind too much.

At Epcot - at Electric Umbrella I got the Vegetable Quinoa Salad (really good), At Spice Road Table the chef made me a yummy dish with stuffed grape leaves, saffron rice, lentil salad, hummus and grilled string beans (really yummy) and mango sorbet for dessert. They also brought gf rolls and butter. At Teppan Edu I had a tofu veggie meal (really good). The chef prepared mine first on the cleaned grill and brought me out my own gluten free soy sauce, and the yum yum sauce there was gluten free. The only gf dessert available there was soft serve ice cream. At the Coral Reef I had a skewered veggie dish, it was really good. They had to eliminate the eggplant meatball from the dish because it was made with bread crumbs. At La Hacienda de San Angel I had Vegetable Enchiladas (amazing!!) and Mango sorbet for dessert. The chips and Salsa at La Hacienda are gluten free. At the Food and Wine Booths I had the Brazilian Cheese Bread and the Madras Red Curry in India - both were great.

At Pop Century I only ate some gf pizza and gf Mickey waffles. They have grab and go gf items in the food court - cookies, brownies and gf bagels. I think the gf bagels were udi's. I did grab one of these and some cream cheese to go for a snack credit on my last day to eat on the way to the airport. It was not really yummy but I was happy to have something to go.

All in all, the staff was great with preparing everything and I always feel comfortable dining at Disney!

I looked at the allergy menu at Pecos Bill. Chips and queso were not on it. I assumed their chips had wheat in them.

I spoke with the manager, they said they were, they came out with the little allergy toothpick in them. I get incredibly ill with even cross contamination. So I believe they must have been gluten free, I had them twice in the course of a week. Maybe they have a separate supply?

I just returned from Disney, this is what I ate, I am vegetarian and gluten free which limited me a little more than just being gluten free.

At Hollywood Studios - Mama Melrose - Polenta Cake, Mushroom, and Herb Cauliflower (this was so good!) and Flourless Chocolate Cake for dessert (also really good). They brought me out some really good gf rolls with olive oil and spices to dip it in - really good! I also got the S'mores breakfast sandwich at Woody's lunchbox made gluten free and it was decadent!!! I highly recommend this for a treat!!!

At Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest Gluten free waffles, just ok, nothing special, the breads offered with it were great though. For Snack credit - chips and queso at Pecos Bills (loaded with salsa and corn salsa and lots of fixins)

At Kona at the Polynesian - Vegetable Bowl (just ok) but the Tapioca pudding for dessert was so, so good! They also brought me out some rolls and butter - the same rolls as Mama Melrose.

At Animal Kingdom - Satu'li Cantina - tofu, rice and black bean bowl with creamy dressing (yummy!!), At the Nomad Lounge - gluten free churros (the best thing ever), at Tusker House - lots of options at dinner buffet! Too numerous to mention. The dessert here was lacking - there was a little cheesecake item (I think) and enjoy life cookies. I am not big on dessert and I was completely stuffed so I didn't mind too much.

At Epcot - at Electric Umbrella I got the Vegetable Quinoa Salad (really good), At Spice Road Table the chef made me a yummy dish with stuffed grape leaves, saffron rice, lentil salad, hummus and grilled string beans (really yummy) and mango sorbet for dessert. They also brought gf rolls and butter. At Teppan Edu I had a tofu veggie meal (really good). The chef prepared mine first on the cleaned grill and brought me out my own gluten free soy sauce, and the yum yum sauce there was gluten free. The only gf dessert available there was soft serve ice cream. At the Coral Reef I had a skewered veggie dish, it was really good. They had to eliminate the eggplant meatball from the dish because it was made with bread crumbs. At La Hacienda de San Angel I had Vegetable Enchiladas (amazing!!) and Mango sorbet for dessert. The chips and Salsa at La Hacienda are gluten free. At the Food and Wine Booths I had the Brazilian Cheese Bread and the Madras Red Curry in India - both were great.

At Pop Century I only ate some gf pizza and gf Mickey waffles. They have grab and go gf items in the food court - cookies, brownies and gf bagels. I think the gf bagels were udi's. I did grab one of these and some cream cheese to go for a snack credit on my last day to eat on the way to the airport. It was not really yummy but I was happy to have something to go.

All in all, the staff was great with preparing everything and I always feel comfortable dining at Disney!

Thank you for sharing this! This all sounds awesome. :mickeybar

I looked at the allergy menu at Pecos Bill. Chips and queso were not on it. I assumed their chips had wheat in them.
I just did a little research - from what I found out,the queso fresco they serve is Gehls brand, which is gluten free. The chips are offered on the allergy menu, just as part of the beef nachos. If you want to eat there I would ask to speak to the manager to double check and also ask for fixins from the kitchen instead of the fixins bar so you can be sure there is no contamination.

Beef nachos were not on the allergy menu when I was there a few weeks ago. (But I did not make the effort to speak to a manager.)

The nachos are on the allergy menu - the ones that are an entree with meat and queso. From what I can see, the allergy menu just doesn’t list sides.

Edit - I was looking at the menus on Touring Plans which were updated in June so I guess it might have changed. Bummer if so. Disney has always been good about having multiple options whereas the park down the road you’re pretty much limited to grilled chicken and/or green salad. I hate to think Disney is losing options.

Am I missing something? The Beef Nachos were under "Egg Allergy-Friendly" but not "Gluten/Wheat Allergy-Friendly." That's why I assumed there was wheat in the chips. (But, as I said, I didn't make the effort to talk to a manager.) I took this photo mid-August 2019.

Last edited:
Am I missing something? The Beef Nachos were under "Egg Allergy-Friendly" but not "Gluten/Wheat Allergy-Friendly." That's why I assumed there was wheat in the chips. (But, as I said, I didn't make the effort to talk to a manager.)

It could be b/c the gluten is in the meat product...they could coat the beef in flour before searing it, as one example...or they might throw flour into a jus to thicken it as another (I haven't had the current nachos, so I wouldn't know exactly how they might get gluten in the meat product and not the chips...but it's very possible that vegetarian topped chips are GF, while meat topped ones are not)...

Am I missing something? The Beef Nachos were under "Egg Allergy-Friendly" but not "Gluten/Wheat Allergy-Friendly." That's why I assumed there was wheat in the chips. (But, as I said, I didn't make the effort to talk to a manager.)

See my edit above. I guess sadly it has changed since June. Stinks that Disney is taking away items when we are already limited.

It could be b/c the gluten is in the meat product...they could coat the beef in flour before searing it, as one example...or they might throw flour into a jus to thicken it as another (I haven't had the current nachos, so I wouldn't know exactly how they might get gluten in the meat product and not the chips...but it's very possible that vegetarian topped chips are GF, while meat topped ones are not)...

Ooh interesting I didn’t think of that.

I wish I took a picture of the menu, but I did not. The menu at Coral Reef also changed compared to the one I was looking at on another website. I was planning on having the Tempura Fried Cauliflower (I was looking forward to this) but it was gone from the menu (the menu I was looking at was from May 2019- pretty current). I was surprised it was not on the menu and wound up having skewered veggies. These were not on the gluten free menu, but they adapted it from I think the dairy free menu. I guess it is important to keep checking the menus and checking with the managers.

I did email Disney today after looking more closely at the MNSSHP treats. The pumpkin cheesecake which is gluten-friendly looks to be made the same way as the cheesecake at Satu’li (and I guess the eating place in Galaxy’s Edge - not that I will go there), yet that is not. I suggested they look into replacing the cake part of those with gluten-friendly cake as they have with the Halloween party version so that those two locations have gluten-friendly dessert options since they do not at the moment. Seems a fairly easy fix there, so we shall see what I hear back.

(Of course they did take a gluten-free thing like panna cotta and make it not safe by putting a cookie crumble at the bottom, so... It would be nice if they would make easy changes, but I will not hold my breath.)

How is the gf cupcake at Sprinkles? I've passed it so many times and never gone in because I didn't think I could eat anything there! We're going again at the end of the month and I will definitely check it out!
And.... you know I've posted this before.... I also can't stand Erin McKenna's baked goods! Something about the bean flour, or the fact that she doesn't use any dairy or sugar (?) and you can definitely taste it. I had to give up gluten, but I'm NOT giving up dairy or sugar! LOL!

I'm excited for another F&W and the gluten free offerings at the booths!

Erin McKenna's is gluten free, vegan, and kosher, but just to be clear, NOT sugar free. I agree that her cupcakes are not the best, but I really loved her lemon tea cake. Super moist and delicious, and believe me, plenty of sugar, lol!

I forgot about the beignets!!! They are awesome.
I got them twice during this past week! I had them before when they sold them next door at Sassagoula, but they now have Scat Cats designated for all biegnets, gluten free and regular.

I also got the red velvet gf cupcakes twice this week and they are FAR SUPERIOR to anything at Erin McKennas. Really, really good! They told me they always have the lemon and usually the red velvet also.

I got my usual fish and onion rings at Raglan Road and found out they can also make the scallops appetizer gf. They use the same batter on the gf onion rings and the scallops are huge, very tender and not over cooked at all. They come with two sauces and the lime tarter sauce is amazing! DH, who eats gluten, really loved them as we shared the appetizer.

Here is a great resource. I am GF. Had many great meals/snacks in the many years we have been going.
www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com
Sprinkles does usually have two different GF cupcakes. Have had Red Velvet and lemon--both were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter