Gluten Free recommendations?

Patrick Gavin

Earning My Ears
My wife has Celiac's and because she has never been to disney I have done a few months of research on what she may enjoy during our honeymoon. We are doing cape may cafe, sci-fine dine in, narcoosee's, Le Cellier, and Ohana. We want do 2 more nights of sit downs and was just wondering what a some can't miss places may be where she can have a great gluten free meal? I know almost all are accommodating but was looking for some advice. Any help would be appreciated!

The chicken pot pie at 50's Primetime is pretty awesome! Check out the DISabilities board. There is a ton of info over their for Gluten free!

This was my first trip eating gluten free (don't have celiacs, but I have severe symptoms when I eat gluten). I was very worried that I wouldn't be able to eat too much but Disney was incredible!

We ate breakfast at 4 buffets - The Wave, Tusker House, Cape May, & Crystal Palace. All had a chef come out and take me on a tour of the buffet and even bring me dishes they made from the back to prevent cross contamination.

Other TS restaurants we went to that were great (basically all of them) were San Angel Inn, Flying Fish, Olivia's Cafe, Mama Melrose, Yak & Yeti, Be Our Guest, & Kona Cafe.

We went to 2 QS restaurants - Cosmic Rays & Old Port Royale Food Court. When I told one of the cooks that I had a gluten intolerance, they quickly had the chef come out who talked to me and basically said they would make whatever sounded good even if it wasn't on the menu! Even the bakeries were great about checking out the ingredients of items I asked about.

Wolfgang Puck Express does have a gluten free menu but it is TINY. I had a choice of 4 meals and 2 of those were salads. Plus a chef does not come talk to you at the register or table - it wasn't even offered.

But overall, we had an excellent experience with my allergies being dealt with (I also have a peanut allergy).

Hope you both have a great time! :)

Crystal Palace and Tusker lunch and Dinner are great. The chef at both restaurants took me around the buffet and showed me what I could eat.

The gluten free fried chicken at 50's Prime Time Cafe was AMAZING!! Hot, nicely seasoned, crunchy, and really fresh! To order it, you need to email Disney's food allergy department 1-2 weeks before your reservation. It was absolutely delicious!

Raglan road has awesome gluten free fish n chips. I think they are really accommodating. Also I think at 50's prime time they have gluten free fried chicken but you have to give them advance notice so they have it ready for you.

Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk

Not only do they know how to make GF noodles that are not mush but the use ingredients to prepare a lot of thier staple menu items without gluten, like breaded chicken and sauces. Such a large and tastey menu that does not take extra time to prepare "special". This also cuts down the cross contamination issue. The braised beef bolganase was so good and probably one of the best Italian meals I have eaten GF or Not.

Italian has been the one area that I have had the hardest time finding alternatives for so it was so nice to eat there and not worry.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/allergy-food-report-added-carthay-circle-disneyland-5-2015.3305103/

I put pictures and review in post #4

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter