Gluten Free/food allergies and travel in Europe

Luv Our Doodle

Earning My Ears
I would love to hear from anyone who has taken an ABD trip in Europe. We have been looking at Italy and Greece (open to other countries)...but I am wondering about finding gluten free foods. Also, I have allergies to garlic and onions. Traveling and eating out isn't easy!

I usually travel with my own foods but it would be nice to be able to eat out on occasion.

I have a lot of food issues (although mine aren't allergies) and I've found ABD amazing at arranging food to fit my dietary needs. For one thing, I can't eat tomatoes, and you can imagine what an issue that would be in Italy and Greece! But it was always taken care of! When I did the Med cruise add-on in 2010, we had a Gluten-free family, and I was amazed at all the options available to them that were Gluten-free! The restaurants seemed much better equipped to handle that then no tomatoes!

We also had one person on our Greece trip who was allergic to wine, and they were very vigilant at finding out & letting him know if any of the options contained wine.

Sayhello

I have a lot of food issues (although mine aren't allergies) and I've found ABD amazing at arranging food to fit my dietary needs. For one thing, I can't eat tomatoes, and you can imagine what an issue that would be in Italy and Greece!

Sayhello

This is good to know. I don't eat Tomatoes, Mushrooms or seafood/shellfish. Glad to know that it won't be too much of an issue when travelling in Europe. My TA already knows about my dietary requirements and will inform ABD about them.

Thank you Sayhello! I feel so much better. Greece is at the top of the list...but I figured my food issues would be very difficult to dealt with.

Thank you Sayhello! I feel so much better. Greece is at the top of the list...but I figured my food issues would be very difficult to dealt with.
If anyone can handle it, it's ABD! The Greece trip is phenomenal! I highly recommend it!

Sayhello

If anyone can handle it, it's ABD!

True

Last summer, ABD guides greeted us with a large bag of gluten-free snacks which lasted the entire trip. The guides had restaurants prepped prior to arrival for everybody's food issues. Cross contamination can be a challenge w/ English speaking wait staff never mind with a language difference. Schars pasta, rice based dough for the pizza making, gelato -- a surprising number of options were waiting. Discreetly the guides put in time and effective effort.

Many, many, many in the group had diet issues and had sought out ABD specifically to take some of that worry away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter