Gluten Free Dining at the Disneyland Resort: A Superthread

Just heading home from the parks today. I was able to contact SpecialDiets@disneyland.com a couple weeks ago, and request a gluten free Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans for my solo dining at 4:40 today, 6/24. Got a bit of pixie dust when I showed up at 4:10 and explained I was worried about time, since I was flying out of SNA at 7:30. They were able to check me in and seat me right away, and when I explained the preorder, my server was super prompt and understanding. I had my yummy GF Monte Cristo and a mint julep in pretty short order, and she brought my check with the food so I could bail when I finished.
It was really good! The pomme frites were delicious. The sandwich was hot and melty. And I finished at 5, and had plenty of time to catch an Uber to the airport. Here’s pics for reference. I was seated at a small table against the outside wall, with a nice view of the ROA, deep shade, and a cool breeze. Just a great experience!
D04A49AB-0168-4331-AB90-4C31BECFF1BA.jpeg34A3A4F8-66D5-462C-9030-52ACCF163202.jpeg

Does anyone know what's available at Pyms for breakfast? I seem to only be able to find info on GF for lunch and dinner? Thank you in advance :-)

Does anyone know what's available at Pyms for breakfast? I seem to only be able to find info on GF for lunch and dinner? Thank you in advance :-)

I know you already saw my answer in the other thread but putting it here too for future reference for others :):

We went to Pym's for breakfast on July 4th weekend and asked about gluten free. They cannot do the french toast GF as it's not a traditional french toast but honestly more like a bread pudding with pieces of bread and egg/custard baked in a large pan and they just serve you a slice. I am not GF and it wasn't "all that", FYI. We thought the calculated breakfast was much better.

For GF options they said we could do either of the egg breakfasts (the calculated one or the Impossible one) and they could sub out the bread for GF. The potato bites are the same as the ones they serve at lunch and dinner which are on the GF menu.

Just a heads up for those going to the Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party. I indicated on our reservations that we are gluten free, and they called me a couple of days before to confirm. When we got there, we were pleasantly surprised with this more-than-adequate plate! I emailed to get the exact descriptions and they said it was
  • Chocolate Meringue Mousse with Oogie Boogie Medal
  • · Gummy Centipedes
  • · Chocolate Caramel Tarlet
  • · Lemon Tartlet
  • · Fruit
You can see that we did not, in fact, get the gummy worms. Fine by me! It was all delicious, and too much-- we didn't finish. I was really surprised the tarts were gluten free. I'd have liked to see an ingredient list. But none of us had bad effects.

My family and I just came back from DL last week. My Celiac wife had great success with her gluten detecting device, as only once she found Gluten in her food. Unfortunately, it came at my favorite and only must-do restaurant at DL: Jazz Kitchen. The BBQ Shrimp and Grits has always been a GF favorite for her, and I always got it, too, because it's sooooo good. But this time, the device detected gluten. And the strip showed a good amount. Sort of bummed. But wanted to let the group know.

My family and I just came back from DL last week. My Celiac wife had great success with her gluten detecting device, as only once she found Gluten in her food. Unfortunately, it came at my favorite and only must-do restaurant at DL: Jazz Kitchen. The BBQ Shrimp and Grits has always been a GF favorite for her, and I always got it, too, because it's sooooo good. But this time, the device detected gluten. And the strip showed a good amount. Sort of bummed. But wanted to let the group know.
tell me everywhere you had GF success, please!

Bummer- I had the same dish years ago w/o issue. I wonder what they changed. My favorite other places where I’ve been able to eat w/o issue are Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle (best burger ever) and the restaurant at the Grand Californian.

Just booked a last minute trip for next month which is during food & wine @ DCA. Does anyone happen to know what is gf in the festival menu? Our last trip to a Disney park was in '19 to WDW during food & wine @ EPCOT and recall the menu signs on the carts did state what was gf but I don't see anything online for this festival other than the standard menu:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/di...re/food-and-wine-festival-marketplaces/menus/
I did see that in the DL app, some mobile ordering places have a separate allergy filter to show gf options which is so fantastic!

Just booked a last minute trip for next month which is during food & wine @ DCA. Does anyone happen to know what is gf in the festival menu? Our last trip to a Disney park was in '19 to WDW during food & wine @ EPCOT and recall the menu signs on the carts did state what was gf but I don't see anything online for this festival other than the standard menu:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/di...re/food-and-wine-festival-marketplaces/menus/
I did see that in the DL app, some mobile ordering places have a separate allergy filter to show gf options which is so fantastic!
If you check out “glutenfreeandthemouse” on Instagram, she has posted the menus and some reviews.

Instagram is sneaky! I was able to see the glutenfreeandthemouse page but when I click into the post I want to see, I'm asked to sign in. If I sign in with facebook it will auto create a new instagram account for me and tie it to my fb account. No thanks. I'll just wing it :-).

Hope this comes through for you. This is a screen shot of her post for the GF foods available. Not much as far as I'm concerned. Honestly, I've never found many GF food options at any of the DCA booths. Booze, sure. Food, not so much.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 12.38.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 12.38.09 PM.png
    293.2 KB · Views: 29

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter