Gluten-free dining at Cabanas

elg_s

Mouseketeer
I will definitely ask a CM when we are there, but does anyone recall the gluten-free food selections at Cabanas? I want to give my ds an idea of what we will be having for lunch our first day on the Dream :)

I will definitely ask a CM when we are there, but does anyone recall the gluten-free food selections at Cabanas? I want to give my ds an idea of what we will be having for lunch our first day on the Dream :)

As a buffet I would seek out the Head server who is working in there and ask them on embarkation and every time you go there.

Honestly, you'll have better luck at the open mdr on embarkation day. It's still a buffet, but less crowded, and easier to talk to the chef.

My Mother is GF, and I'm SURE I read on the boards that somewhere at the quick-serve spots on the pool deck there are GF chicken fingers. And I realize that you may well choose to eat at EG, Cabannas, etc., but I thought that tid-bit might be useful.

I swear that if you search gluten free in the thread tool, you'll find lots of nifty info.

I remember my DH (who is GF) had a variety to pick from. Some of it was prepared and brought out to him, but he definitely did not starve.

I know he had GF Mickey waffles there, chicken fingers (probably brought from the QS by the pool). He had salmon, steak, and I think he was offered GF mac and cheese, but he's not a big fan of mac n cheese.

He was also able to pre-order the Mickey waffles (his favorite) each night through our server. We just had to ask once we were there in the morning.

I am GF and on the Dream - I did Mdr for lunch and it was a buffet but the chef walked me through the choices and then prepared what I wanted from the back to avoid cross contamination. I did omelettes and fruit from Cabanas for breakfast and MDR for lunch. Palo is wonderful and did a GF pizza and chocolate souffle.

I'm going to give an answer that doesn't quite answer you in a different direction. :cool1: I haven't been yet, but I'm usually pretty good at guessing what on a menu is likely to be easy to make GF. And, there's nothing like a wrong answer to bring people out of the woodwork.

For embarcation there won't be time to make requests in advance, and I'm guessing that they're still loading and assembling the new provisions for the cruise - so specialty gluten free options are likely to be minimal.

At the embarcation lunch I'm expecting to be able to eat:
Simple salad
Cold steamed seafood (mussels, shrimp, crab claws) maybe with the marie rose dressing.
Rice
Steak fries
Ribeye steak (no sauce)
Chicken (The pico de gallo is probably ok)
One of the fish options might be gluten free
assorted cooked veggies
Roast beef and turkey
cheeses and meats
Fresh fruit and jello

I'm going to give an answer that doesn't quite answer you in a different direction. :cool1: I haven't been yet, but I'm usually pretty good at guessing what on a menu is likely to be easy to make GF. And, there's nothing like a wrong answer to bring people out of the woodwork.

For embarcation there won't be time to make requests in advance, and I'm guessing that they're still loading and assembling the new provisions for the cruise - so specialty gluten free options are likely to be minimal.

Simple salad
Cold steamed seafood (mussels, shrimp, crab claws) maybe with the marie rose dressing.
Rice
Steak fries
Ribeye steak (no sauce)
assorted cooked veggies
Roast beef and turkey
cheeses and meats
Fresh fruit and jello

You are right on the money! We did the Dream in Sept and that is basically what was available in Cabanas that first day for lunch :-)

Simple salad
Rice
Steak fries
Ribeye steak (no sauce)
assorted cooked veggies
Roast beef and turkey
cheeses and meats
Fresh fruit and jello

Fries are fried in oil with other gluten containing things, so anything fried at all is out. You also have to be aware of sauces and seasonings, so you really do have to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter