Gluten free chicken nuggets

tarheel845

Earning My Ears
I have heard Disney had gluten free chicken nuggets is this true? Are they good? Where can you find them for quick service

Yup, they have them and they're delicious.

We've gotten them at every resort CS we've eaten at (wouldn't bother asking at CSR though). I believe they're also available at the following park CS locations.
MK: CHH
Epcot: Electric Umbrella, Liberty Inn
DHS: ABC Commissary, Backlot Express
AK: I'm really not sure if they're available anywhere in AK. Hmmmm.....

Just to clarify... They are strips and not nugget size. My husband raves about them and he gets them a couple of times a trip.

Liz

They are surprisingly good! We've had them at CHH in MK and at Contempo Cafe at CR. And yes, they are chicken strips, not nuggets.

My son doesn't like them. Though he'll tolerate them if he's hungry. We usually have to seek out grilled chicken which he prefers.

My son has had the chicken tenders are several places and our experience with them has been different at every place.

CHH - they tasted fishy, like they had possibly fried with fish which is not on the GF menu. It was our first experience with them so was not sure if they just tasted like that or if they were cooked improperly.

Contempo Cafe - I convinced my son to try the chicken again after a few days of pizza and pasta. They were cooked perfectly and scarfed down in a matter of minutes!

ABC Commissary - I love ABC because they actually give you a pager for allergy orders so you don't have to just stand and wait at the counter. The tenders were cooked perfectly here as well!

Electric Umbrella - it appeared as these tenders were baked not fried and they had burn marks on them and really did not taste well.

It's a shame they are not consistent across the parks and resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

small park I work at has gluten free tenders but we have to bake as we do not have separate fryer to fry them in. that is best guess as to why some bake and some fry.

THere us a chef at POP who makes delicious GF food. I had the best grilled cheese of my life, the chicken tenders were fried perfectly, the french fries are always crispy, and he offered to make me anything I wanted.

Electric Umbrella stinks at GF food. The buns are hard, mushy, and cold all at the same time, the tenders are burned and baked, and the fries are mushy because they bake them and are no good at it.

Cosmic rays was not really good either with the burger buns so I just didn't eat them. If you can get the allergy free tenders fried they are delicious. If not they are ok, but I don't use condiments so I can't hide the taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter