• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gluten free cereal

dis-happy

DIS Veteran
I think this is new, but maybe not news to all. At Publix today I saw that several boxes of Chex cereal says on the front "Now Gluten Free!". Not all the varieties, but at least 3 of them. HTH

Rice Chex are now supposedly gluten free. What I haven't seen though is anything about how they're ensuring no cross contamination or any kind of testing that they're doing of gluten levels. They've changed their formulation so they no longer include any ingredients that have gluten. I don't trust it without more info as their factory would be a cross contamination nightmare unless very strict measures are taken.

That's just my feel on Rice Chex.

Yes, as of June 1, 2009, General Mills is now making the following 6 Chex cereals gluten-free: Rice Chex, Chocolate Chex, Strawberry Chex, Corn Chex, Cinnamon Chex and Honey Nut Chex. Be careful that you do choose a box that says "now gluten-free" on the front... some stores still carry Chex cereals that were processed before the June 1st change. I have tried all of the GF Chex cereals except for the Cinnamon (haven't found it yet). They are great!! Also, GM is processing these cereals on a dedicated gluten-free manufacturing line.

My mom has been eating the GF Chex cereal since it went GF. She has not gotten sick one time. :)

I have tried all of the GF Chex cereals except for the Cinnamon (haven't found it yet). They are great!! Also, GM is processing these cereals on a dedicated gluten-free manufacturing line.

I have never had a problem with the gf chex cereal, of course I have only tried one flavor. I love the cinnamon chex! Its not quite as good as cinnamon life, my fav cold cereal before my CD diagnosis but definitely a worthy subsititute. Now when all of betty crockers frostings become gf this fall and I can have my coconut pecan frosting my life will be complete :lovestruc LOL Okay and find a good premade gf bread.
~Tricia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter