• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gluten-free (celiac) dining review (plus dairy, egg, soy, legumes, and vegan diets)

I tried last breakfast seatings at 1900PF twice since he moved to the Grand Floridian. He wasn't there either time. I think I've only read one dining report where he was there for breakfast. Neither breakfast was our favourite as the chefs weren't creative and seemed to expect us to tell him what we wanted when I had no idea what they had available in the kitchen to work with. In addition, one of the chefs didn't even know that Divvies cookies were made with wheat until I told him that my 14yo couldn't have it after he offered. Nobody got sick (I think the chef was fine regarding foods he made but wasn't up on the details of the packaged stuff) and the food was ok but I definitely preferred the breakfasts at 'Ohana, Tusker House, Cape May and Captain's Grille over 1900PF (haven't tried Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey, CRT or Akershus). We do 1900PF breakfast for the characters (they're so great).

Thank you for the info! :thumbsup2 I think I will see if I can work a dinner there into our schedule instead of breakfast (if any ADRs are still available). We usually stick to the same several restaurants every year but since being diagnosed with all my issues a few months ago, I now have a whole new list lined up based on which places accommodate special diets the best. I have always been the "find something that doesn't upset your stomach and stick with it" type of gal (because I had no idea I was allergic to almost everything I was eating) but DH is the adventurous eater. He is so excited to try new places! Both your reports and ls15's reports have helped so much! I have never done a dining review before but I plan to this time since other's experiences have helped me so much! :goodvibes

mom2girls1974 - nope, no differences in prices, however, we weren't on the dining plan. If you read my reviews from the first year, though, we were on the dining plan and there weren't changes in prices. We just paid out of pocket (and we knew we'd already be paying a lot for food, anyway).

snorris49 - thanks! Definitely go to Kouzzina for dinner. A must!

stackyallred - I have no idea if he is only there for dinner, but after speaking with another chef at the GF, I think that they are all pretty great there (and probably learn from Chef TJ).

Soon enough I'll be booking next year's trip....!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter