• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gluten free at disney

kimis

DIS Veteran
Hi I am looking for tips and good food suggestions for us that have to be gluten free. I had to go gluten free only two months ago so I am still new to this. Thank you so much!

Disney is the BEST place to be gf!!!!

Go on the write and search special diets. You can email them and they will send you a list by location of all the stuff. There hasn't been one place we have had problems. The list is a PDF so I just saved it to my home screen on my phone.

Every restaurant will show you their gf menu and you will talk with a chef or special CM.

If you have specific things you want or are worried about let me know and I can point you in the right direction.....or at least try ;)

Go on the write and search special diets. You can email them and they will send you a list by location of all the stuff. There hasn't been one place we have had problems. The list is a PDF so I just saved it to my home screen on my phone.

Every restaurant will show you their gf menu and you will talk with a chef or special CM.

If you have specific things you want or are worried about let me know and I can point you in the right direction.....or at least try ;)
Thank you so much! I just did this and I am amazed at the amount of gluten free food available and the variety! I appreciate it!

I have Celiac and Disney was AMAZING at offering plenty of gluten free selections. Its the only place I feel "normal" when I go to a restaurant and not like I am only able to eat salad. They have SO MANY options its almost overwhelming. It is very helpful when making your ADRs to select Wheat/Gluten as an allergy. That will be marked on your reservation for the restaurant staff to view and can expedite the process of getting a manager/chef out to come to talk to you since they will be expecting a GF guest. I like to look at blog posts to check out reviews and pictures other guests have taken at various restaurants around WDW. Here are some I recommend checking out to get a really good idea about what its like eating at various restaurants (I am in no way affiliated with these websites):
http://www.gfinorlando.com/p/disney_31.html
http://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/
http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/dining/gluten-free-at-walt-disney-world-parks/
Hope this helps! Some places I really enjoyed eating at during our last trip in 2014 include: Kona Cafe, Flying Fish, Liberty Tree Tavern, Flame Tree BBQ, The Wave of American Flavors.

agreed- they've been the BEST for at least 22 years (my personal experience)
and with simplified menus, it's even easier..... just ask to see the allergy menu,and it lists all GF choices at qs places..... at TS places they help out also, and specific questions can be asked right at the table. (note them on your adr's,it's simple)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter