Gluten allergy

Princess candy

Earning My Ears
I wasn't sure to post in this forum or restaurants. Any recs for favorite food options in the park for gluten allergy? I'm familiar with how Disney handles food allergies (talking to chef etc) since I've been to disney with my nieces with severe nut allergies. My husband has been diagnosed with gluten allergy and looking for some good options in the parks. Thanks!

Is it a wheat allergy or Celiac disease? There isn't such a thing as a gluten allergy.

There are many options all over the parks if gluten is the only thing being avoided. You can email special diets for a list of commonly available GF options.

There are wonderful options throughout WDW.

Gluten free food is easily available all over wdw. There are numerous restaurants that even have allergy menus that include wheat/gluten on the "free from" list. Really, the only places you need to worry about eating at are some of the countries in Epcot and a few places in Downtown Disney. Akershus, Biergarten, and Restaurant Marrakesh are all good in Epcot and Raglan Road and Rainforest Cafe/T-Rex are good in Downtown Disney. Everywhere else on property is gluten free friendly. Let the server or cashier know that someone in your party has a food allergy/intolerance and someone will be able to assist in finding a safe meal.

Other recommendations for EPCOT - DH has celiac disease and we eat at Rose and Crown all the time with no problems. Sunshine Seasons at the Land has an entire counter of gluten-free items (ask a cast member or manager to point it out). If you don't want a packaged brownie or cookies for dessert, you can get an ice cream bar; if on meal plan, tell the cashier and they will stamp your receipt so you can come back (I think it's a 90 minute window) for it rather than having it melt on your tray. If you're looking for a TS at Studios and like chocolate, they have a flourless chocolate cake which in our opinion is better than the "regular" desserts, but they make limited quantities and you can only have it if you have a gluten issue. Another tip - if you're eating lunch at a QS and you don't mind an early meal, try to get there right at opening time; things go a lot more smoothly than during the height of the 11:30-1pm rush. Remember that they may need to prepare the GF food to order and you will probably have to wait 10-20 minutes for some items like pizza.

Other recommendations for EPCOT - DH has celiac disease and we eat at Rose and Crown all the time with no problems. Sunshine Seasons at the Land has an entire counter of gluten-free items (ask a cast member or manager to point it out). If you don't want a packaged brownie or cookies for dessert, you can get an ice cream bar; if on meal plan, tell the cashier and they will stamp your receipt so you can come back (I think it's a 90 minute window) for it rather than having it melt on your tray. If you're looking for a TS at Studios and like chocolate, they have a flourless chocolate cake which in our opinion is better than the "regular" desserts, but they make limited quantities and you can only have it if you have a gluten issue. Another tip - if you're eating lunch at a QS and you don't mind an early meal, try to get there right at opening time; things go a lot more smoothly than during the height of the 11:30-1pm rush. Remember that they may need to prepare the GF food to order and you will probably have to wait 10-20 minutes for some items like pizza.
Forgot to mention - the flourless chocolate cake is at mama Melrose's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter