gluten allergy

sunshineNJ

DIS Veteran
Just found out my daughter at age 25 has a glutin allergy. Are there any restaurants in WDW that serve glutin free products? Thanks:)

Oh My yes! A friend of mine is Celiac and she has 2 daughter who are also. They go to WDW purposely because WDW makes it so easy to dine! WDW is the best with any food allergy. I believe you just tell your wait staff when you sit down. But I'm sure others will answer and tell you how it works...ENJOY!

Every restaurant in WDW is going to have something GF, this includes all the counter service locations. Simply make a note on any ADRs you have and remind your server when seated or ask for a manager at CS. You'll find lots of options. WDW is a leader in food allergy dining.

I'll just echo what everyone has said: Your family will have no problem dining gluten-free at the Dis.

My sister-in-law has an intolerance to gluten and every time she took part in a table service meal, a chef came out with a manager to discuss her options.

Disney takes food allergies quite seriously.

The only restaurant I've heard that doesn't do the best job of catering to those with a gluten allergy is the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant in Hollywood Studios. Now, keep in mind this was two years ago, but a coworker and his family went, and his son had an intolerance. The chef and manager came out to discuss options and pretty much said there weren't any good options for him because everything was prepared and cooked in the same area, and that the deep fryers didn't discriminate. So his son was super happy to have a bunch of fresh fruits for dinner (I'm not kidding, his son loved it because he loves fruit). This likely has changed, though, but thought I'd point it out.

I'll just echo what everyone has said: Your family will have no problem dining gluten-free at the Dis.

My sister-in-law has an intolerance to gluten and every time she took part in a table service meal, a chef came out with a manager to discuss her options.

Disney takes food allergies quite seriously.

The only restaurant I've heard that doesn't do the best job of catering to those with a gluten allergy is the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant in Hollywood Studios. Now, keep in mind this was two years ago, but a coworker and his family went, and his son had an intolerance. The chef and manager came out to discuss options and pretty much said there weren't any good options for him because everything was prepared and cooked in the same area, and that the deep fryers didn't discriminate. So his son was super happy to have a bunch of fresh fruits for dinner (I'm not kidding, his son loved it because he loves fruit). This likely has changed, though, but thought I'd point it out.

That's definitely not the case anymore. At least not for us in December. I am gluten free because of a wheat allergy and I am also allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, shellfish, oats, coconut, broccoli, raw fruits, raw vegetables, ginger, sesame, sunflower seeds, soy (not oil or lechitin).

I had a great cheeseburger with sautéed onions and mushrooms (no bun because the GF buns had egg in them) and French fries. The chef also made me nachos as an appetizer because I had wanted the spinach dip but it was safe ao he surprised us with a huge serving of nachos instead.

We are going back to Sci Fi in June and I am a little concerned because I am now also allergic to dairy so options are a lot more limited than last time but hopefully it's just as good.

OP, you will be perfectly fine with the gluten allergy. Even with my last of allergies I left every meal stuffed and it was so nice to eat out for a week.

There is a small "Babycakes" at Downtown Disney. Babycakes is a gluten free bakery from NYC. My very food snobby gluten free friend says they are AMAZING!

Which Table Service would you say offers the best range of gluten free options ? I would like to go to Garden Grill with my friend who has Celiac and I have seafood allergies. I want her to have the most selections.

Garden Grill is fantastic for GF. 4 of 5 of us are GF( it's hereditary) and everyone, even the kids loved it. One of the best we've had on property.

We don't have trouble at all. Just allow for extra time as even at counter service, they insist on mgrs handling. Avoid peak meal times like the plague.

Good luck!

Which Table Service would you say offers the best range of gluten free options ? I would like to go to Garden Grill with my friend who has Celiac and I have seafood allergies. I want her to have the most selections.

I think it's going to be hard to answer that question, as it would vary according to the type of food offered. I can say that we have eaten at Garden Grill with a gluten free child and the food was FANTASTIC.

You should note any food allergies on your reservations. There are also numerous blogs dedicated to eating gluten free at Disney. I suggest you google and check them out. Many include pictures as well.

Garden Grill is fantastic for GF. 4 of 5 of us are GF( it's hereditary) and everyone, even the kids loved it. One of the best we've had on property.

We don't have trouble at all. Just allow for extra time as even at counter service, they insist on mgrs handling. Avoid peak meal times like the plague.

Good luck!

I think it's going to be hard to answer that question, as it would vary according to the type of food offered. I can say that we have eaten at Garden Grill with a gluten free child and the food was FANTASTIC.

You should note any food allergies on your reservations. There are also numerous blogs dedicated to eating gluten free at Disney. I suggest you google and check them out. Many include pictures as well.

Thank you both so much ! I have made ADR for Garden Grill ! Can't wait...it will be our first time ! Unfortunately, we will end up with many seperate plates due to her Celiac and my Seafood allergy ! Hope the tables are big !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter