gluten allergy-cabanas

dizlover21

Mouseketeer
Do they have pamphlet style buffet guides like WDW or do you get a chef to walk you through the buffet each time?

Do they have pamphlet style buffet guides like WDW or do you get a chef to walk you through the buffet each time?

My experience on the Magic in March was a head waiter was called over to assist me. They either walked through the line with me and write down my order, or they told me to walk through on my own and decide what I wanted, then they would find out if it was GF or could be made GF. In either case, they got the food from the back and brought it out to where I was sitting. The second option was frustrating for me because it caused more back and forth. I'd go through the line, pick out a few things I'd like, find the head waiter and request them, then he would go to get them from the back and return saying the item couldn't be made GF so we'd have to come up with another option. It was much more time consuming.

I am GF (celiac), and pretty much avoided Cabana's on the Fantasy. I would get pizza/chicken nuggets/fries from Flo's, which would require speaking with a supervisor to order an allergy meal and a slightly longer wait than the rest of my family (but not bad at all). I stuck to MDRs for main meals, and the allergy was handled impeccably. They always had one open for breakfast and lunch, just had to check the Navigator to see which one.

I just got off of the Wonder. Honestly, Cabanas did have food, but it was a little bit of a hassle compared to the MDR. If you wanted to order chicken nuggets, mickey waffles, donuts, you would ask for a supervisor. They would take the order and 10 minutes later they would give you the GF food. Most of the time I would wait for it but everyone else would be eating. In the future I would plan on placing the order before getting everyone else food. No guides that I saw.

When my wife had a gluten allergy on our first cruise, we could special order from the chef's at Cabana's too.

P.S., she is now cured of her food allergies. Google DNRS (look at the program and some personal blogs with success stories) I have zero affiliation with the program, but it literally cured her of her severe food allergies and changed our lives. Obviously, it wouldn't work for celiac, but does work for allergies. On our cruise in April, she ate everything and it was a blast.

I found it much quicker to have an idea of what I wanted to eat when I went into Cabanas, so I could quickly find a manager and place my order while my family was getting their food. Mine always came out shortly after my family sat down. The first time I went in and asked a manager what I could safely eat, her reply was “what do you want? We can make just about anything GF for you!” I was caught off guard to have so many options that it took me a few minutes to figure out what I wanted !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter