• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

GLOW II: The Bounceback... Multiple Meets!!!.. First 1/2 of Sept 2008

A note on the MK, you know if I can take a couple of you ghirl's time ( about an hour) and give you a fab. Make over, I can deduct my vacation as a business expense. Any takers?

Oh totally count me in Alicia!!! I need HELP!!! My hair stinks, my makeup sucks LOL.

Oh yeah, when are you going anyway Alicia? Do you have dates picked out yet?

Im Game for whatevea!! ;)
Make up- safaris- wishes- 2 glow partys ---LETS DO IT!

Dane is going in for surgery tomrrow- please say a prayer for him if you have a minute. Thanks girls!
Oh Alicia- I got your message- we were at the hotel swimming last night and this morning (rented a suite so the kids could swim)......Ill give you a call tomrrow while Danes in Surgery since Ill be waiting all by myself anywayzzz!;)
Wish him the best for the DISers!!!

Yeah! I'm so glad so many are interested!
hehe.... of course!!!

Ok... had to share w/ the GLOWers!!!

The past 2 weeks I started doing some of my own "boutiquing" .... Starting off Easy w/ pillowcase dresses that I modified a little to work for me....mostly just added the belt and am making from scratch rather than a pillowcase :) .... Here are my 1st 4 tries.... 3 are for DD and 1 is for my neice that my DD is showing off for you all :) Alicia.... what do u think... .you and your stuff are my inspiration!

Nemo Dresses.... the one w/ the princess "belt" is DD's...
Front
102_0163.jpg

102_0226.jpg

Back
102_0222.jpg

102_0165.jpg

Princess Dress
Front
102_0195.jpg

Back
102_0197.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake... I accidentally didn't get the creases right so I figure I'll find something to look like a pin or something so it looks like there's a reason for the gather on the left side :confused3

Front
102_0215.jpg

Back
102_0214.jpg

Whatcha think? and yes... that is a little leftover spaghetti sauce on the face.. .silly girl

Hi guys!!!! We bought our plane tickets last night!!!:cool1: I tell ya, that really makes it seem so much closer!!! I'm less then 2 weeks out for making my ADR's too!!! I still have no clue where we are eating all our nights yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out:goodvibes . I'm loving all the pics you guys are posting too!!! I plan on decorating our room window and door again this year. Well, have to run for a bit, TTYL!!:goodvibes

ok, it's really afternoon but I'm on vacation so it's morning to me!!! I love the idea of meeting in the parks for fireworks or something BUT last year, I had dates with Keli & Disneydiva to see Fantasmic and neither showed up!!! Maybe they were trying to tell me something? So before I commit, you all have to PROMISE to show!!!! Right know, I have either Tues (9/9) or Wed (9/10) open sort of. I have the Disney Vacation Planner on my desktop & play with it every day!!

Gail

Hi guys!!!! We bought our plane tickets last night!!!:cool1: I tell ya, that really makes it seem so much closer!!! I'm less then 2 weeks out for making my ADR's too!!! I still have no clue where we are eating all our nights yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out:goodvibes . I'm loving all the pics you guys are posting too!!! I plan on decorating our room window and door again this year. Well, have to run for a bit, TTYL!!:goodvibes
Congrats on the plane tickets... I sure wish I could get my DH to agree to fly!

ok, it's really afternoon but I'm on vacation so it's morning to me!!! I love the idea of meeting in the parks for fireworks or something BUT last year, I had dates with Keli & Disneydiva to see Fantasmic and neither showed up!!! Maybe they were trying to tell me something? So before I commit, you all have to PROMISE to show!!!! Right know, I have either Tues (9/9) or Wed (9/10) open sort of. I have the Disney Vacation Planner on my desktop & play with it every day!!

Gail
well if I am doing the planning you can bet I will be there :) I may be late... but I will be there...

Mary Kay is as good as you make it. I hated asking for money, but I would love to help you out and sit for a facial or satin hands tx!

We definately would love to meet up in the park for safari or fireworks or parades. We haven't picked our meals yet, but that will be soon.

We're excited. My daughter asked if I could sew her one of those outfits. I can piece a baby quilt together but a garment, ugh, at least I have a little time to practice!

Who did you get plane tickets with ...
We want to fly this year but not sure who i'm going to fly with .... :confused3 :confused3

Mary Kay is as good as you make it. I hated asking for money, but I would love to help you out and sit for a facial or satin hands tx!

We definately would love to meet up in the park for safari or fireworks or parades. We haven't picked our meals yet, but that will be soon.

We're excited. My daughter asked if I could sew her one of those outfits. I can piece a baby quilt together but a garment, ugh, at least I have a little time to practice!
PM me if you want with your email and I'll forward the directions I found...it's really easy to do... I am in no way a good or great sewer... so if you can do a baby quilt you can do this.... I sure as heck cant do a baby quilt...

stoppin by to say hi!!

How's Dane doing? Surgery went well I hope?

Waiting for the park hours and such just to be sure of the best time after park closings.... and to figure out good dates for in park meets...

I'll keep you all posted :)

Come on already, March 1! I need park hours! I need to make plans! BTW, cute, cute dresses--I am impressed!

Ok change of plans ...again ... After Much Talk about it We have change our minds to were we want to stay .....
We are staying at ......

Wilderness lodge

:cool1:

:sad1: Was it something I said? Do I smell bad? JK--I LOVE the WL. The only reason we haven't stayed there is we live in the Pacific NW, and it looks too much like home. Hmm, maybe that's why you jumped off the POFQ ship. :rotfl:

You know, the more resorts we end up at, and the more dates we have, the more I think we just need to have one, big party that never ends and just moves from resort to resort and from park to park. Oh wait--that's called a Disney vacation! :lmao:

Check it out: NEW!! HANNAH MONTANA PACKAGE

$109.05: Package includes a wig, T-shirt, makeup, headset, backstage pass makeup kit, guitar purse, and commemorative photo

Exclusive to the Downtown Disney Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Begins February 17, 2008

My dd, who has never shown even the slightest interest in anything princessy, is flipping over this. If we're lucky enough to have a MNSSHP while we're there, we're definitely going and she'll totally be doing this. (I just hope I can find her in the park among all the other Hannahs!)

So, for all you BBB veterans out there, how soon can I make the reservations? Is it 180 days, like for dining ressies? If I snooze on this and we miss out, I'll be in deep doo-doo with the tweenager. Not a good place to be. :scared1:

How's Dane doing? Surgery went well I hope?

Come on already, March 1! I need park hours! I need to make plans! BTW, cute, cute dresses--I am impressed!

:sad1: Was it something I said? Do I smell bad? JK--I LOVE the WL. The only reason we haven't stayed there is we live in the Pacific NW, and it looks too much like home. Hmm, maybe that's why you jumped off the POFQ ship. :rotfl:

You know, the more resorts we end up at, and the more dates we have, the more I think we just need to have one, big party that never ends and just moves from resort to resort and from park to park. Oh wait--that's called a Disney vacation! :lmao:
:) Thanks..... I agree.... the more meets the better :) we'll just make most simple low stress ones .... like chance meetings.... hehe..

Check it out: NEW!! HANNAH MONTANA PACKAGE

$109.05: Package includes a wig, T-shirt, makeup, headset, backstage pass makeup kit, guitar purse, and commemorative photo

Exclusive to the Downtown Disney Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Begins February 17, 2008

My dd, who has never shown even the slightest interest in anything princessy, is flipping over this. If we're lucky enough to have a MNSSHP while we're there, we're definitely going and she'll totally be doing this. (I just hope I can find her in the park among all the other Hannahs!)

So, for all you BBB veterans out there, how soon can I make the reservations? Is it 180 days, like for dining ressies? If I snooze on this and we miss out, I'll be in deep doo-doo with the tweenager. Not a good place to be. :scared1:
180..... and you should be just fine.... I booked w/ 2 wks left... and got a good time... so you should be ok :)

Are the meets set up yet? I want to come, but not sure yet on our dates. How was the crowds last year the first and middle of September?

Are the meets set up yet? I want to come, but not sure yet on our dates. How was the crowds last year the first and middle of September?
I'll make that my job of the day... now that I got dining and parks sorted out.... If hours and EMH are off from my guesses stuff may change...

As far as crowds... it'll be busy yes... .but not excessivly bad.... unless you go during F&W Festival to Epcot

Gail

Hi guys! OK Gail, I'm still feeling guilty about not making it to Fantasmic for our date (I personally blame the CMs at Mama Melrose - took us 45 minutes just to get seated). If I hadn't been with my friend Shirley, I would have just skipped dinner.

I'm sooo missing you guys and the fun you're having planning Glow II. We booked the bounceback but, with the way my job works, the end of the month was a better fit. I'll have to send something down ahead of time so that you'll know I'm there in spirit!

I'll be at Pop from 9/25 - 10/5. Wish me luck as I'm doing the Expedition Everest Challenge...then in January, I'll be back for the Half Marathon.

Even though I won't be at Glow II in person, I'll be wishing I was. If there is anything I can do at all for any of you, don't hesitate to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter