Glennbo’s City, Sand, and Savanna PTR - TR Link (pg 73)

Great idea... the only thing better would have been if you had waited to make that impulse buy at the grocery store so you can get that extra percentage of money back on the Premium Disney Visa.:rolleyes1

Doh!
headsmack.gif

Looks like a good purchase.:thumbsup2

It's probably stuff that won't last, but if it makes it through the vacation that'll be good enough.

Interested to see how it works for you. I got a thing in the mail last week and considered it, but never did upgrade yet.

It takes some ruminatin' on your situation...it's not cut and dried.

The end result is what's important. I'm glad you found a way to make it work better.

I guess the good thing is that it was cheaper than the booster that I wanted to get.

I might have to look for the UT app. I have Moble Magic and Lines... Hardly even opened Mobile Magic once we were in the parks, except to look for last minute ADR availabilities.

I remember when I had Mobile Magic on my not-so-smart phone that it took so long to open...if we had a question about a show time or something, it was faster just to go find a paper copy of the times guide. It seems a lot faster on the iPhone. We'll see which one we gravitate towards -- MM or UT.

:)

Looks like things are coming together quite nicely. Good luck explaining the ME tags and their proper use to the parents. It's going to be here before you know it!

Thanks! :laughing:

Great update and purchases. I too am curious about Disney premium upgrade (what is annual fee?). I can't believe New York and trip is so close. Congrats to Lauren in her graduation.

It's a $49 annual fee, so your spending will determine if it's worth it or not.

Thanks for the congrats Kathy!

I meant to add that I like your new avatar photo! :thumbsup2

Glennbo..

Wait, first a proper welcome is in order, so :welcome: palofeeyore!!

check the windows on your van to see if the antenna is in one. I have a Ford Windstar and the antenna is in the passenger side rear window.

You are so right! I inspected the windshield and the back window, but never thought to look at the side windows. It's embedded within the passenger side rear window, just like you said! Thanks!!!

Tribilín;45045054 said:
Maybe next year. I went with my parents and a nephew last year (jul-aug 2011). We were there 8 days and my mom fell in love with WDW (note how I didn't say my dad liked it :rotfl:) and she wants to return.

:yay: for Mom lovin' it! That's all you need. Dad can stay home and babysit the dog, or whatever. ;)

Tribilín;45045054 said:
But this year we went to Las Vegas :dance3: and WDW had to be pushed waaaaaay back.

So I take it you didn't win. Otherwise, you'd have money for Disney.

Tribilín;45045054 said:
But that's cool, because that means more time to plan and daydream :cloud9:

And write a PTR....popcorn::

Thanks....I was curious. From the reviews it sounds like they have security systems and cameras and whatnot.

For all your spying needs :laughing:

Which are many. :rolleyes:

At least not being able to sleep helped for something! :thumbsup2

And considering how long it'd been since my last update, that was a pretty good catch.

Grody.....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm not sure when the last time I heard that word was but you've reminded me of a favorite.:thumbsup2

I was typing along and it just came out, as natural as could be. I decided to go with it...it's a perfect word for what I was trying to describe!

I can imagine that word being a favorite of yours!

monopod...cool!

Easier for travel than a tripod, but no long-exposure night shots.

night vision goggles....:scared:

Ever since my friends dragged me kicking and screaming to see The Silence of the Lambs night vision goggles remind me of one thing........"put the lotion in the basket".:scared:

I see your point. But in another movie from around that time, "Patriot Games", the bad guys were wearing night vision goggles and the good guys turned on the lights to temporarily blind them and then used their advantage to hit them with heavy household objects. So....there ya go. :upsidedow

what is the extra payout back to you for spending the annuall fee?

right now it is 1% normal

what is the extra payout back to you for spending the annuall fee?

right now it is 1% normal

I'm not sure if I understand you question correctly, but hopefully this picture will help....this is my understanding, assuming an upgrade from a current Disney Visa card:

DisneyPremierVisa.jpg

So there is a Premium Disney Visa? I did not know this. :rolleyes1 More info please.

Sorry you haven't had much time lately to plan and get excited for the trip. I hope you start to feel on top of things soon. I have a checklist of things I have to get done this weekend or I am going to feel very far behind.

I just downloaded the same app. :woohoo: Yeah for a free Disney app. I like it.

I think that turtle walk sounds so interesting. I really hope I get a longer stay in Vero on one of these visits to Florida.

I'm not sure if I understand you question correctly, but hopefully this picture will help....this is my understanding, assuming an upgrade from a current Disney Visa card:

DisneyPremierVisa.jpg

I realized that this picture could be interpreted incorrectly...the 1% everything should have "else" after it and it should be below, ie. after, the other items. So, you get 2% on certain purchases and 1% on everything else.

Tribilín;45054702 said:

I love it! Thanks for posting the link to the picture....it's great to see the Trib family. Looks like you were all having fun on ToT.

Tribilín;45054702 said:
Oh! But I had HUGE gains... in weight. Thanks to all those yummy buffets. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Nice one!

Tribilín;45054702 said:
As soon as the dollar stops skyrocketing... here in México. ;)

Yeah, it'd be a good time for me to travel abroad, but I'm going to Disney instead. Maybe purchases in the World Showcase will be cheaper. :laughing:

I love this one... :lmao:

Second! That is deinitely a good one. :thumbsup2

Thanks you two, I liked it also. I've had it socked away, waiting for a good time to use it.

GB, I see the link to your chapter update in your signature. :thumbsup2 I'll get to it soon, but right now Judy's outside weeding so I best finish up these replies and get out there and help her...if I know what's good for me.

So there is a Premium Disney Visa? I did not know this. :rolleyes1 More info please.

Here's a link to Disney's
Premier Visa FAQs

If you're already a Disney Visa cardholder you can call 800-300-8575 to inquire.

The differences between it and the regular Disney card are as I described at the top of this post (corrected some wording that could be misinterpreted), from my understanding. The catch is that it has an annual fee....so it depends on if you spend enough on gas, groceries, and restaurants to determine if you'll earn enough to cover the fee.

Sorry you haven't had much time lately to plan and get excited for the trip. I hope you start to feel on top of things soon. I have a checklist of things I have to get done this weekend or I am going to feel very far behind.

I should make a checklist. Instead, I have a bunch of things floating around in my head...floating 'cause there's not much to run into and get stuck on apparently. ;)

I just downloaded the same app. :woohoo: Yeah for a free Disney app. I like it.

:woohoo: for free!

I think that turtle walk sounds so interesting. I really hope I get a longer stay in Vero on one of these visits to Florida.

They only offer the walks in June and July, which is turtle nesting season. I hope we get lucky enough to see some on the night we go.

DisneyPremierVisa.jpg

hmmn. maybe we should upgrade. I've been debating it but the little mailer we got showed us only saving an extra 40 bucks after the fee, which didn't seem worth it after year one, but I didn't realize there was a 90 day at 5% in there...

hmmn. maybe we should upgrade. I've been debating it but the little mailer we got showed us only saving an extra 40 bucks after the fee, which didn't seem worth it after year one, but I didn't realize there was a 90 day at 5% in there...

It might be too late for you to get the use of the 90-day-promo rewards dollars for your upcoming trip, but....Disney expenses are included in what gets the 5%, so if you got it within 90 days of the trip maybe you could rack up some nice rewards for next time. :scratchin In retrospect, I timed it pretty well. I'll get 2 billing cycles in on the new card that I can cash-in, and we'll be at Disney spending bucks that should earn 5% for next time, and we're getting some catered food for Lauren's graduation party so that oughtta ring-up under the Restaurant category -- woohoo, that's like a 5% discount.

It might be too late for you to get the use of the 90-day-promo rewards dollars for your upcoming trip, but....Disney expenses are included in what gets the 5%, so if you got it within 90 days of the trip maybe you could rack up some nice rewards for next time. :scratchin In retrospect, I timed it pretty well. I'll get 2 billing cycles in on the new card that I can cash-in, and we'll be at Disney spending bucks that should earn 5% for next time, and we're getting some catered food for Lauren's graduation party so that oughtta ring-up under the Restaurant category -- woohoo, that's like a 5% discount.

How long it it take for the change to be effective and did the current card still work until you got the new one?

Could be some great spending money for my girls trip!

How long it it take for the change to be effective and did the current card still work until you got the new one?

Could be some great spending money for my girls trip!

I think it was only 3 or 4 days after I called. Yes, the old card still worked until I activated the new one. :)

I think it was only 3 or 4 days after I called. Yes, the old card still worked until I activated the new one. :)

Hmmn. I don't see the same promo offer. I got one in the mail that was for a $50 disney gift card if we upgraded, although I don't see it online. All I see online is the 2%...which is why I hadn't done it. 5% for 3 months and I likely would have! All $50 does is pay the annual fee. Right now my gas grocery rewards card is higher for all month so I was leaving it alone.

Bummer.

Hmmn. I don't see the same promo offer. I got one in the mail that was for a $50 disney gift card if we upgraded, although I don't see it online. All I see online is the 2%...which is why I hadn't done it. 5% for 3 months and I likely would have! All $50 does is pay the annual fee. Right now my gas grocery rewards card is higher for all month so I was leaving it alone.

Bummer.

Maybe it was a limited time offer then...I signed-up in April. I did some Google searching and couldn't find anything that referred to the promotion I got. Sorry about that.

Bummer is right.

I knew I had missed a couple of updates, but as I'm going down my subscribed thread list I see you only have 3 weeks left!!!! Exciting! Even more exciting the New York trip is right around the corner! I have to go back and read now...

Trip plans look great and they are getting so close! Glad you got the turtle walk reserved. I thought about the premium card too but we charge everything on our Capital One and use the points to pay for our airfare for trips. Sounds like it will work out well for you guys though. Looking forward to your thoughts on Vero Beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter