• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Glendamax Christmas Adventure: DISmeets, a break-up, and a baby?

I agree with you on the weather-I had packed pants and hoodies....only used both on the day of my flight home.

Your TR is proof again of how much "family" develops out of the DIS - I don't know that any of us what HAVE to be alone in WDW, unless we wanted to be.

Your videos really make a great addition to your reports, especially the Osborn Lights - I better not let Lynn see those or she will be pushing me down the road to the airport! (but what a great opportunity that would be to try out the new camera that Santa is rumored to be bringing me!).

I loved those Osborne lights, they are so gorgeous! I wish I had been able to get better pictures of them! That's so cool about the purple cat, I wish I had known to look for that!

The video of those lights is amazing!! Thanks for sharing, since I will probably never get to go in December. That is our busiest time at preschool. :confused3

Did you just use your camera in video mode, or did you have a separate video camera?

Sorry you got dumped, but at least you had those pretty lights to look at and cheer you up. :cool2:

Did your Airborne work? Were you still feeling healthy?

More great installments! Love the videos of the Osborne Lights - I had no idea that they danced like that. It sounds like your "cousin" at 50's Prime Time was a lot of fun. We had a good time when we went there also, but our "cousin" wasn't as in character as yours. Again, thanks for sharing :goodvibes .

that sounded like a perfect DISday. u met so many people and had a great time. Thought u converted someone, turns out you did not. :rotfl2: the videos were great of the lights.
Thanks for sharing.

Glenda,

Loving your tr!!! You are so funny. Laughing about your watch. We were also at MGM on the 12th. Didn't make it to Fantasmic but loved seeing the Festival of Lightst. Like you said, just amazing. The pics don't do justice (I took a ton). Can't wait to read some more.

Love your videos but just makes me want to go again in Dec. just to see the Osbourne Lights! :cheer2:
Sorry for the break up but you know it was doomed from the start. :lmao:
Don't know why you're nervous meeting DISers, you seem very friendly. I, on the other hand, probably would be too shy to leave the hotel. :laughing:

Sorry about the break-up. Hot romances tend to burn out fast and we all know how hot gay men are for women!:lmao:

I love all of your videos and pictures and that is why I will never do a trip report. It looks like hard work. I will just hope to show up in yours from time to time.:wizard:

Hi Glenda! I so sad I missed the beginning of this, but I'm all caught up now. Have you recovered from you whirlwind romance? Those vacation romances can be hard to handle!

GLLLLLLLEEEEEEENNNNNNNDDDDDAAAAA!!

You are really making it hard for me to do a trip report when there are TRs like this on the boards.

I have so enjoyed your trip reports. I do admit to lurking for quite a while, but just had to comment. I love that you enjoy the World and meeting fellow DISsers...when I grow up, I want to be just like you :santa: I can't wait to read more of your adventures:yay:

Hi Glenda,

Just found your trip report this afternoon. I'm hooked again. I really enjoy reading about your adventures at WDW, especially meeting other DISers. Can't wait for more.

Isn't there a store there too where you can purchase the fresh gingerbread?
Yes there is. You can see it in the video I took.

I loved the pics and video of the Osbourne Lights. I am so excited to see them now. Great updates...thanks!
Glad you liked the Osbourne Video! So glad it came out well!

You are very brave going by yourself, I don't know if I could do it. It sounds wonderful, but I'm a wuss when it comes to stuff like that.

I'm really sorry about the breakup! Want me to find him and kick his butt??

I can't believe all the people you have met from here. You are like the disboard goddess! You should run for president, everyone knows you now!
Now come on, with all these DISers, you would never be trully solo!
As for the butt-kicking, I'll be sure to keep your offer in mind . . . or will I really need you to that by the end of this report? Hmmm . . . stay tuned!

I agree with you on the weather-I had packed pants and hoodies....only used both on the day of my flight home.
Looks like people there now could use some hoodies! I heard that the temps dropped!

Your TR is proof again of how much "family" develops out of the DIS - I don't know that any of us what HAVE to be alone in WDW, unless we wanted to be.
You know, that really is true. Believe it or not, I was prepared to be on my own both in Sept and last week, but there were DISers available! And I wasn't about to go it alone since I didnt HAVE to!

Your videos really make a great addition to your reports, especially the Osborn Lights - I better not let Lynn see those or she will be pushing me down the road to the airport! (but what a great opportunity that would be to try out the new camera that Santa is rumored to be bringing me!).
HA! You'd better let her see them! You know you wanna go back!

I loved those Osborne lights, they are so gorgeous! I wish I had been able to get better pictures of them! That's so cool about the purple cat, I wish I had known to look for that!
It's litte facts like that, that keep me going back for more.

Did you just use your camera in video mode, or did you have a separate video camera?

Did your Airborne work? Were you still feeling healthy?
1. My camera has a video mode. It is a Canon Powershot A620 - 7mp. On the settings dial, there is a film camera icon. I just have to spin the dial to that icon and press the same button I take pics with. I bought it last year, and it cost about $215

2. Did the Airborne work? Stay tuned . . . :rolleyes1

More great installments! Love the videos of the Osborne Lights - I had no idea that they danced like that.
I didnt either! That's why I HAD to get some video to show you all when I got back!

that sounded like a perfect DISday. u met so many people and had a great time. Thought u converted someone, turns out you did not. :rotfl2: the videos were great of the lights.
Thanks for sharing.
Glad you enjoyed it! It was a GREAT first day! I didnt realize that so much happened that day until I started writing!

Glenda,

Loving your tr!!! You are so funny. Laughing about your watch. We were also at MGM on the 12th. Didn't make it to Fantasmic but loved seeing the Festival of Lightst. Like you said, just amazing. The pics don't do justice (I took a ton). Can't wait to read some more.
You're right, they don't. That's why I hung around a bit after everyone left. I needed to just stand there and take in . . .

Love your videos but just makes me want to go again in Dec. just to see the Osbourne Lights! :cheer2:
Sorry for the break up but you know it was doomed from the start. :lmao:
Don't know why you're nervous meeting DISers, you seem very friendly. I, on the other hand, probably would be too shy to leave the hotel. :laughing:
What helps me to overcome my nerves, is thinking that there's a good chance that whomever I'm meeting, probably feels the same!

Sorry about the break-up. Hot romances tend to burn out fast and we all know how hot gay men are for women!:lmao:
:rotfl:
I love all of your videos and pictures and that is why I will never do a trip report. It looks like hard work. I will just hope to show up in yours from time to time.:wizard:
You better! You are a trip! If you don't I'm gonna start posting your PMs!!!!! HA!

Hi Glenda! I so sad I missed the beginning of this, but I'm all caught up now. Have you recovered from you whirlwind romance? Those vacation romances can be hard to handle!
Well it's been less than a week, but I'm starting to heal . . . :lmao:

GLLLLLLLEEEEEEENNNNNNNDDDDDAAAAA!!

You are really making it hard for me to do a trip report when there are TRs like this on the boards.
No I'm IS not! You'd better get started!

I have so enjoyed your trip reports. I do admit to lurking for quite a while, but just had to comment. I love that you enjoy the World and meeting fellow DISsers...when I grow up, I want to be just like you :santa: I can't wait to read more of your adventures:yay:
WOO-HOO!!!!!! Yet another Lurker has been De-Lurked!!! :banana:

Hi Glenda,

Just found your trip report this afternoon. I'm hooked again. I really enjoy reading about your adventures at WDW, especially meeting other DISers. Can't wait for more.
Glad you found me! Thanks for clicking on my report, when there are soooooooooooo many to pick from!!!!

Hey. Just got back from work and Christmas shopping (yes, I'm late, ok!). Your TR is soo funny. Honestly, just tell me more about Jim and I'll keep laughing. Glendamin (honestly I couldn't stop laughing about this one)! Well, I'm sorry about your break-up, but hey, we all go through it, lol. Keep writing!

Pete

Day 2 Prologue

Well DISers, as an avid reader of trip reports, I thought I owed you this bit: Today I was going to start Day 2. However, it's taking a long time for all the video and pics to load. Some of which need to be at the beginning of my next installment. So insted of starting Day 2, then going back to add pics and video later, hoping that you will go back to see what I inserted, I'm going to wait. Believe me, I have no desire to drag this out, or have you waiting around. I think it just makes better sense to do it this way.

Day 2 of my trip proved to be a long day. You know how you plan out your itinerary, it looks really good on paper, but when you are living it, you have no idea how your body will make it? Even though I was solo, and did not have to stick to any plan, I knew what I wanted to do. After all, it's DISNEY WORLD AT CHRISTMAS!!!! Come on folks! It's a DREAM just to be there!

So inspite of my Disney Mantra: If you are tired LEAVE, I tried to push through that day. After all, I only had 3 whole days there, and wanted to see everything I'd seen on the Travel Channel (Have I mentioned that I love Samantha Brown?!). And what doesn't help is the fact that I've read reports where some people - even with kids - are able to spend a WHOLE day in the parks without a break, then get up early the next morning for their breakfast ADR's. Well folks, that AIN'T me!

Day 2 taught me to expect less than I planned, and to not be disappointed by what I didn't get to. Now when you read about my day, it probably won't seem like a big deal. But when you are walking it . . . Whew! It's a whole different story.

So again, thanks for reading so far. Hopefully by the end of the day everything will be loaded and I can start the next installment!

OH! And rememeber . . . Lurkers, stop Lurking and POST! :surfweb:

Here's a clip I added to the Osbourne Lights Section featuring PennConn, Aubrie and Colette . . .

Happy Friday! :rockband: :dancer:

Go to Page 10!

When I'm up at 2:40 in the morning, getting ready for the last half-day of school before the Christmas break, knowing how WILD these kids are going to be, and I want a good laugh, I know where to come. You don't disappoint!
Glad you all had a good time!

I hope all is well up there in the north in the middle of your night. It was pouring down rain when I went to bed, but it's calm now. I've got to finish my Christmas shopping tonight before the malls get so crazy this weekend. Thanks for the good report. You have such a following that it takes most of your night to respond, though. Getting much WORK done?!?!?:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter