Glaws-ter!

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
Had a fantastic time at Twickers on Saturday. The weather was beautiful, the Bolly was free-flowing (well you should have seen the scrum for the Guinness tent!), sharpened up my West Country accent, lost my voice and ... most importantly ... we got the result!

Commiserations to any Saints fans on the boards - it was a great game and just a shame someone had to lose.

Never mind the rugby, did anybody see the Brazilian Grand Prix on Sunday. Truly amazing race.

Never mind the rugby, did anybody see the Brazilian Grand Prix on Sunday. Truly amazing race.
I don't normally take much interest in F1, but yes, i saw this one.
All i can say, is it's truly amazing that no one got killed.

F1 is my first love, Sid. The new qualifying regulations mean I now have to get up during the middle of the night 3 days in a row for races such as Australia. :rolleyes:

We shall be taking up our normal position on the start/finish line at Silverstone this year (in the stand rather than on the grid in case anyone's wondering :teeth: ).

Not sure what to make of yesterday's race. I guess on safety grounds they will have to take a look at the new ruling that the tyre manufacturers can only take one type of wet tyre to races. And given that a key factor in introducing the new regs was to control costs, after yesterday's carnage you have to say that this particular one needs re-visiting. Having said that, the problems at corner 3 were clearly more to do with the drainage at the track. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Interlagos authorities fined again.

I don't know whether it's down to the rule changes but this has been the best start to the season I've seen. Well maybe Webber scoring points in Melbourne last year was as good.

I love watching races in the rain as it evens out things a lot. Drivers can't use the full power of the engine so the minor teams are at less of a disadvantage.

I can't believe how much of an emotional rollercoaster Eddie Jordan went through. The TV pictures really captured the feelings of the whole Jordan team.

It's good for the sport as a whole that Ferrari are having a poor start to the season. MS leading the championship from start to finish gets very boring, and the TV cameras seem to concentrate on him when there are some fantastic battles going on lower down the field. I did feel sorry for Rubens though. What a bummer.

Do you follow any particular teams or drivers ? I vaguely follow Minardi and Williams, and JPM, JV and Mark Webber

I don't really follow any teams or drivers. I'd like Coulthard to do something this year - he's been unlucky already a couple of times this season. I've always liked JV, but he's been a bit of a whinger one way and another lately. Can't have him dissing our Jense! And he's been moaning about the other drivers following Sunday's race. I like them all really, but dh is an avid Ferrari and Schumi fan, so I tend not to support them just to keep things interesting!

I felt sorry for Rubens, too. I'd literally just finished saying, "It would be nice for Barrichello to win", as he ground to a halt. I clearly put the Murray Walker curse on him. The rumours around the pitlane are that he ran out of fuel.

Couldn't feel too sorry for Eddie Jordan. He'd obviously just played his 'Get out of jail free' card when the race was red-flagged, given that Fisi's car caught fire at the end of the lap! If the race had continued he wouldn't have come second, let alone won. What did wind me up was seeing Ron misery-guts Dennis hugging Eddie Jordan and grinning all over his face. It would have been a different story if Raikkonen hadn't won.

What you say about JV is quite true, he doesn't care what he says. But the sport needs characters like him and Eddie Irvine. If all of the drivers follow the corporate line they become bland, and blandness will mean the end of F1 as a spectator sport. I do agree with what JV has said about Jenson. He does still need to prove himself. Time will tell what he is made of.

Ferrari are claiming that Ruben had a fuel feed problem ! Strange how these things never happen to MS. There is a conspiracy theory somewhere here.

Ron Dennis, miserable ? He looks like Mr Happy compared to me ! He's a very astute businessman who sometimes takes things too seriously. With the exception of Frank Williams he's the top man for me. At least he speaks to the press, unlike Jean Todt. The only time he looks happy is when MS is winning. Remember in 1999 when he left Silverstone with the injured MS. That showed his true colours.

MickeyTaker, there must be some sort of coverage available on the radio or net perhaps. Seeing as you're a Scot I take it you're a DC fan. I feel sorry for the guy because he's lost one brilliant teamate and seems to have found another. I honestly can't see him ever winning the World Championship.

Hang on, I don't feel that sorry for him. What is it he earns ? $ million, 6 million ? A stunner for a girl and a place in Monaco, set up for life. Life's hard in the fast lane.

Compared that to my life. Earning a pittance, a place in Buckinghamshire, at work by 06-30, minus 2 this morning etc. But I do have a stunner for a wife. Life's not that bad.

Originally posted by SidB
Remember in 1999 when he left Silverstone with the injured MS

I would say that's looking after your £25M a year investment! :teeth: I would imagine RD would have done the same had it been Hakkinen, although probably not DC. At least Ferrari have always admitted that Schumacher is their no 1 driver.

Originally posted by UKDEB
At least Ferrari have always admitted that Schumacher is their no 1 driver.

They only admitted that when Eddie Irvine told the press the details of his contract. Up until then they'd always denied it. Perhaps if they'd given Eddie more support earlier in the season then he could have been a FERRARI World Champion. Judging from the results so far this season Rubens should have equal status as MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter