• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Glassware in SSR studios

DVCSAMNH

Mouseketeer
My apologies for bringing this up YET AGAIN! But, I just returned from a stay in a SSR studio and guess what? Still styrofoam coffee cups in the studios. Really cute Christmas ones, but still styrofoam. It was announced back in July that glassware would return.
Does anyone have any updated info? Or did those glass washers walk themselves over to a different resort?

Or did those glass washers walk themselves over to a different resort?

I, too, had heard that SSR was installing glassware washers. I wonder what happened? :confused3

Did you request real glassware from housekeeping? I know I will be at OKW in June, unless somehow those washers walked themselves over to OKW. Nothing has been said about OKW glassware since this all started.

Chuck, I didn't ask for glasses while I was there. I wasn't very lucky with getting what I asked for so I limited my requests. For example, one day I called for shower gel and extra paper cups because we had run out when I made coffee for everyone the first morning. They delivered three bars of soap. :confused3 So I made do with the refillable mugs that I had stored in my Owner's Locker.
I have read no complaints lately on the boards about people not getting them when they have asked.

That's strange. We were at SSR for New Year's - in a studio - and had glasses and ceramic mugs. We didn't have to ask either.

We spent one night in the Springs, the rest of the week at Congress Park (wanted a DTD view)....maybe they don't have washers in every section yet? :confused3

I believe that they just pulled the permits for the glass washers a month or two ago. Not sure about rollout and installation. Maybe some areas have them now and some don't. :confused3

I believe that they just pulled the permits for the glass washers a month or two ago. Not sure about rollout and installation. Maybe some areas have them now and some don't. :confused3

This is encouraging and what I was looking for. Thank You. We had three studios in the Grandstand and all had styrofoam. Hopefully, when we go back in May they'll be all set up. It sounds like some of the other sections might already be done.

We were in a studio at the Carousel unit Jan 7 - 14. There was glassware and ceramic mugs. NOW if DVC could PLEASE get rid of the paper plates and bowls and go to real dishes, that would be great. We eat in our room every morning and those paper bowls don't last too long.

Did you request real glassware from housekeeping? I know I will be at OKW in June, unless somehow those washers walked themselves over to OKW. Nothing has been said about OKW glassware since this all started.

I certainly hope this works.

I'm planning to request glassware at OKW in March.

Also, I've heard that we can request other dishes in a studio as well. Do you think this still works? (We'll bring plastic dishes from home if needed, but, I'd much rather request 2 plates and bowls. Do you think this will work?)

We were in a studio at the Carousel unit Jan 7 - 14. There was glassware and ceramic mugs. NOW if DVC could PLEASE get rid of the paper plates and bowls and go to real dishes, that would be great. We eat in our room every morning and those paper bowls don't last too long.

Yes.

Plus, the whole housekeeping expose that led to the removal of the glasses has scared me off of using those paper plates and bowls that are impossible to clean thoroughly enough if someone touched them with the toilet chemicals.

We also just returned from a stay in Grandstand and had styrofoam cups and paper plates in both of our studios. We made due and hope for ceramic mugs next time.

This is what inspired me to buy a set of Pfalzgraff melamine dishes for the studios, and to get an Owner's Locker. I have yet to use any of the dishes and may soon bring them home to make more room in the Locker. I really do want a real coffee cup in the am, and hopefully a nice glass for my wine in the afternoon or evening.

Do all the resorts have owner's lockers? .....or are they in a central location?....Would it be possible to "share" a locker and possessions with another owner to cut costs? .... Is a locker expensive?

I never heard of this.

Sorry, I may be driving this thread slightly:offtopic:

- Michelle

Do all the resorts have owner's lockers? .....or are they in a central location?....Would it be possible to "share" a locker and possessions with another owner to cut costs? .... Is a locker expensive?

I never heard of this.

Sorry, I may be driving this thread slightly:offtopic:

- Michelle

Owner's Locker is not physically located at any resort, it is a non-Disney operated storage company that will store your items in a container, picking up and delivering that container to any resort for you.

http://www.ownerslocker.com/

Hello
Do all of the 2 BR units have real glasses and real plates (not paper)?
Thanks for your help!
mark

This is what inspired me to buy a set of Pfalzgraff melamine dishes for the studios, and to get an Owner's Locker. I have yet to use any of the dishes and may soon bring them home to make more room in the Locker. I really do want a real coffee cup in the am, and hopefully a nice glass for my wine in the afternoon or evening.

We do the same - when it's just the 2 of us we have a studio and need a couple of small plates and bowls for breakfast - we bought tough but nice non-breakable ones and took them over last time to leave in the Owners Locker.

Owner's Locker is not physically located at any resort, it is a non-Disney operated storage company that will store your items in a container, picking up and delivering that container to any resort for you.

http://www.ownerslocker.com/

And it's great!! Makes life easier for us coming from the UK twice a year!!

When I picked my Owner's Locker up at Bell Services, the young man told me that one of the SSR regulars has a locker that weighs 70lbs! I was stunned. But, now I know why. You guys are all putting full sets of dishes in there!! :rotfl2:

I bought a set of melamine dishes to put in my OL since I plan to mostly stay in studios. I also brought a couple of Disneyland plastic mugs with lids for coffee. My OL is packed to the gills-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter