• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

glasses or contacts?

Disneyhayes

DIS Veteran
So I am trying to think if I should chose glasses or contacts for when we are in the parks in Disney. I am afraid my glasses will just be annoying in the heat and might get broken but I have never worn contacts and will be getting them soon and was wondering if those will be okay. My dad always wore his glasses but he's older and not into contacts. He also wore an extremely tacky eye glass band so his wouldn't fall off his face :lmao:

TIA

PS - I know my run-ons are rediculous and I bet my high school English teachers would give me detention!

I mostly wear glasses but always take contacts to theme parks. I like being able to see on the rides and glasses are more of a hassle. Get the contacts and try them out for a while. You'll make a better decision after you have worn them for a while.

I have always worn my lenses! I know how many pairs of shades I have lost/destroyed at the parks taking them on and off for rides, wouldn't risk that for glasses. Plus I found if I only wore prescription shades on holiday (not just in Florida) I had to take them off inside and couldn't see properly but needed shades outside for the sun! LOL!

mo x

I wear my glasses everyday, but in the parks I stick to contacts. That way I don't have to worry about my glasses on rides, and it makes it a lot easier to wear my sunglasses and still be able to see.

I also wear glasses most of the time. I usually only wear my contacts at WDW. Before I had contacts, I actually would get more motion sickness on rides while I had my glasses on, or on some rides had to take them off so I wouldn't lose them.:cool2:

keep in mind i never have worn contacts... however i too think you may enjoy things more with those. not only do you not worry about them causing you to sweat more, or losing them on a ride... you can more convenintly watch the 3d movies. no having to shove the 3d glasses over normal ones.

I will say though, if you are going to be carring a bag of any sort, why not bring both? a hard case with your glasses inside a bag would make sure if the lenses bother you, you can switch out. (just don't forget to bring the case for the lenses too) :confused3

I carry both, but wear contacts in the parks. I save the glasses to wear in the room at night to watch TV (after I've taken a bath and taken the contacts out for the night).

I just recently started wearing glasses full time and was nervous about having to wear them at Disney last October. Everything was just fine wearing them to the parks and on rides. I never once felt that they were going to come off on a ride (even going upside down on rr). One nice thing is that with transition lens, I didn't have to worry losing my expensive sunglasses.

Haven't tried contacts yet, so I can't comment on that part.

I am normally a glasses person..about 70% to 30% ratio..but in Disny I pretty much wear my contacts because of the sun..especially in the summer warmer times. I need sunglasses when it is bright so it is just easier with my contacts.

I would go with the contacts for the parks. I used to always wear my glasses all the time, then found contacts & loved the convenience of no glasses & being able to wear sunglasses :cool1: all the time. Then, I had issues after years of wearing contacts & had no choice but to wear glasses again, to every park, function, & everywhere else. So, I decided to get the eye correction surgery & after looking into to it quite extensively & going with a recommendation from my BIL who had the procedure done before me, I a person who is scared of everything went through with it. I had it done Dec, 2010 & I now have 20/15 vision. :thumbsup2 I t has been the best thing I have ever done. I just wanted to share that with you if you have ever considered it.

personally, i'm leaving my contacts behind because its easier for me, but you'd probably prefer yours :)

honestly, i prefer my glasses. but they're Transitions and i gotta be honest, thats part of the preference lol automatic sunglasses in the sun :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter