Glass slipper dessert

NuttyDisneyMom

Born and raised in WDW for 23 years:) Now we visi
I'm sure this is on here somewhere, but I just cannot find it!:headache: I would like to order a glass slipper dessert for my DD14's birthday to be served at our afternoon tea at the Gardenview Tea Room. Does anyone know the cost? Also, what number do I call to order it? Is it prepay?

Thank you so much!!!

Just pulled this information up from another site, unfortunately I am not sure when the last time their site was updated:

Cinderella Slipper Dessert
White chocolate slipper filled with cream and raspberries; chocolate teardrop filled with chocolate mousse; on a Castle silk screen plate.
Available only at Grand Floridian Restaurants.
$20
Order through Grand Floridian Bakery - (407) 824-2474, giving at least 48 hours notice.
A slightly different version of the chocolate slipper dessert is available at Cinderella's Royal Table, call (407) 824-7091.

Just pulled this information up from another site, unfortunately I am not sure when the last time their site was updated:

Cinderella Slipper Dessert
White chocolate slipper filled with cream and raspberries; chocolate teardrop filled with chocolate mousse; on a Castle silk screen plate.
Available only at Grand Floridian Restaurants.
$20
Order through Grand Floridian Bakery - (407) 824-2474, giving at least 48 hours notice.
A slightly different version of the chocolate slipper dessert is available at Cinderella's Royal Table, call (407) 824-7091.

Wow, in two years the priced jumped from $12 to $20:scared1:

VegasMike21 said:
Wow, in two years the priced jumped from $12 to $20:scared1:

LOL Maybe, As I am not sure how often their website it updated, for all I know the last time the information was updated could have been like 5 years ago LOL

Also, This is a great Grand Floridian website, which I have definitely given thumbs up to in the past, and I know they are a disboard member also. The only problem was I couldn't find the Glass Slipper dessert, but found other pricey private dining desserts:

****************************/private_dining_gift_amenities.html

UPDATE: Hmm, Not sure why disboards blocks the site but it is something called "Where the Magic Lives"...I know the person was a disboard member at one point and time...Also, found this article on the Cinderella's Dessert Slipper...They blocked that site too, so anyways here is the article just posted:

Cinderella's Royal Chocolate Slipper Dessert at Walt Disney World
July 31, 2009
The most elegant dessert at Disney World Walt Disney World is hands-down, the Cinderella Chocolate Slipper dessert. The Chocolate Slipper can be found at Grand Floridian Restaurants - 1900 Park Fare, Citrico's, Grand Floridian Cafe, Narcoossee's and Victoria & Albert's, and there is a separate dessert at Disney World Walt Disney World Cinderella's Royal Table. This dessert is made by the Grand Floridian Bakery and it is not available on regular menus.

The desserts at Cinderella's Royal Table and those at Grand Floridian restaurants are different. The chocolate slippers at Disney World Walt Disney World Grand Floridian are made of white chocolate, filled with cream and raspberries, with a solid dark chocolate cup filled with chocolate mousse and shaving of white chocolate, with a touch of raspberry coulis on the side. The Royal Chocolate Slipper dessert at Cinderella's Royal Table is a white chocolate slipper with chocolate mousse inside with fresh berries on the side with coulis.

Cinderella's Royal Chocolate Slipper dessert must be pre-ordered a minimum of 48 hours in advance. If you will be dining at Grand Floridian Bakery, please call (407)824-2578, and if you will be dining at Disney Cinderella's Royal Table, please call (407) 824-7091.

The cost of Cinderella's Royal Slipper Dessert is $15.00 (plus tax) at Disney Grand Floridian Bakery, and $15.50 (plus tax) at Cinderella's Royal Table.

LOL Maybe, As I am not sure how often their website it updated, for all I know the last time the information was updated could have been like 5 years ago LOL

Also, This is a great Grand Floridian website, which I have definitely given thumbs up to in the past, and I know they are a disboard member also. The only problem was I couldn't find the Glass Slipper dessert, but found other pricey private dining desserts:

************************************/private_dining_gift_amenities.html

Yeah, I know in 2007 I read that it was $12 and $12.50 at Narcoosee's. $20 is a big chunk of money for that tiny dessert.

VegasMike21 said:
Yeah, I know in 2007 I read that it was $12 and $12.50 at Narcoosee's. $20 is a big chunk of money for that tiny dessert.

Just found an article on it, stating it was $15.50 I believe and that article is from July 21, 2009...Posted the entire article above, so who knows...It could have changed in pricing since then since prices always seem to fluctuate in WDW

When we did this 2 years ago, I thought we paid at the restaurant since I got the DDE (now Tables in Wonderland) discount, but it doesnt sound very "Disney-like" not to pay in advance. I do know I got the discount for both the tea and the slippers when I paid the bill after eating.

****************************/private_dining_gift_amenities.html

UPDATE: Hmm, Not sure why disboards blocks the site but it is something called "Where the Magic Lives"...I know the person was a disboard member at one point and time...Also, found this article on the Cinderella's Dessert Slipper...They blocked that site too, so anyways here is the article just posted:

Cinderella's Royal Chocolate Slipper Dessert at Walt Disney World
July 31, 2009
The most elegant dessert at Disney World Walt Disney World is hands-down, the Cinderella Chocolate Slipper dessert. The Chocolate Slipper can be found at Grand Floridian Restaurants - 1900 Park Fare, Citrico's, Grand Floridian Cafe, Narcoossee's and Victoria & Albert's, and there is a separate dessert at Disney World Walt Disney World Cinderella's Royal Table. This dessert is made by the Grand Floridian Bakery and it is not available on regular menus.

The desserts at Cinderella's Royal Table and those at Grand Floridian restaurants are different. The chocolate slippers at Disney World Walt Disney World Grand Floridian are made of white chocolate, filled with cream and raspberries, with a solid dark chocolate cup filled with chocolate mousse and shaving of white chocolate, with a touch of raspberry coulis on the side. The Royal Chocolate Slipper dessert at Cinderella's Royal Table is a white chocolate slipper with chocolate mousse inside with fresh berries on the side with coulis.

Cinderella's Royal Chocolate Slipper dessert must be pre-ordered a minimum of 48 hours in advance. If you will be dining at Grand Floridian Bakery, please call (407)824-2578, and if you will be dining at Disney Cinderella's Royal Table, please call (407) 824-7091.

The cost of Cinderella's Royal Slipper Dessert is $15.00 (plus tax) at Disney Grand Floridian Bakery, and $15.50 (plus tax) at Cinderella's Royal Table.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:worship: My DD14 will be blown away!!! White chocolate and raspberry is her favorite...double bonus!:woohoo:

We did this for my daughter's 6th birthday last year at CRT. They wrote Happy 6th Birthday, Alex on the plate. She loved it!!! I loved it!!! And we all ate it. :) It was well worth the $12 I paid.

I just order this at the Afternoon Tea last week on the 8/21 I can verify that yes it is $15.00. Enjoy It's a very cute dessert but just too much since we had pasteries with our tea.

:goodvibesI just ordered it...WAHOOO!!:woohoo: I'm so excited to see her face when they bring it out:yay:

Samandmom said:
I just order this at the Afternoon Tea last week on the 8/21 I can verify that yes it is $15.00. Enjoy It's a very cute dessert but just too much since we had pasteries with our tea.

Hoping this person see's this message, or anybody else who may have ordered this just recently. When I called for Dining Reservations today for our upcoming December 2009 trip I asked about the "Cinderella's Slipper Dessert", as I wanted to see if I had to pre-order this way in advance and could place it on my ressie, or if the special number above was what I should, or if the Grand Floridian already has these available and all you have to do is ask while there. I know, lots of questions after researching and finding so much information yesterday, as we will be doing Afternoon Tea while there. The dining reservation person on the phone stated this was no longer available, which sounds a little quirky since Samandmom just had this about two weeks ago LOL I didn't want to be completely rude to the phone reservation person, so just decided to turn to the disboards since I know the folks here seem to be much more knowledgeable about many things than the dining reservationists...

Hoping this person see's this message, or anybody else who may have ordered this just recently. When I called for Dining Reservations today for our upcoming December 2009 trip I asked about the "Cinderella's Slipper Dessert", as I wanted to see if I had to pre-order this way in advance and could place it on my ressie, or if the special number above was what I should, or if the Grand Floridian already has these available and all you have to do is ask while there. I know, lots of questions after researching and finding so much information yesterday, as we will be doing Afternoon Tea while there. The dining reservation person on the phone stated this was no longer available, which sounds a little quirky since Samandmom just had this about two weeks ago LOL I didn't want to be completely rude to the phone reservation person, so just decided to turn to the disboards since I know the folks here seem to be much more knowledgeable about many things than the dining reservationists...

I ordered it yesterday by calling the phone number for the GF bakery in the PP with the article. The girl knew exactly what I was talking about, took my Afternoon Tea ressie info and CC info and said it would be there:thumbsup2 She also asked me what I wanted written on the plate. It was quick and easy! Good luck!!!:goodvibes

Excellent, Thanks for the information regarding the phone number in the article...I was just using the regular (407)WDW-DINE phone number as I had to make all my other reservations also, I am still a good distance out being 3 months away so will give the bakery a call to book that. After doing all the research yesterday, and finding all that stuff I was initially bummed today when the representative was like "Oh, we don't do that anymore for the past year or so"...Thanks again, Will give them a call for the dessert slipper

Excellent, Thanks for the information regarding the phone number in the article...I was just using the regular (407)WDW-DINE phone number as I had to make all my other reservations also, I am still a good distance out being 3 months away so will give the bakery a call to book that. After doing all the research yesterday, and finding all that stuff I was initially bummed today when the representative was like "Oh, we don't do that anymore for the past year or so"...Thanks again, Will give them a call for the dessert slipper

Of course:thumbsup2 Good luck!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter