Giving Thanksgiving a Whirl (and a Hurl) in WDW *COMPLETE! 5/20*

Thanks Ariane for such a great trip report. I've really enjoyed following along from start to finish. I love trying new things each trip as well as some old favourites
Thank you so much for reading and staying with me :) I look forward to finishing your current TR and reading your new one after your next trip - in 42 days!!

Great finish! I've read a few more people having issues at BWV so now I might be leaning BCV or AKV. In any case, thanks for sharing your experiences and as you know, I'm keeping up on the PTR!
So glad you joined me and are still with me on the PTR! I hate to be the one to sway you from BWV; the Epcot area is really a great place to be so if you do decide not to try BWV, BCV is a good choice too (I'm sure: I'll know more come Nov lol). However Steve and I LOVED AKL in January so.......tough choice!

I can certainly understand why you were glad to be home, but it sounds like the January trip got you back on the disney trip. Despite all the set back you all really did make the most of it. Now if only I can get Jason to go for Thanksgiving in the world o_O
Yes, I got more excited after Christmas and the January trip really redeemed Disney for me, it was great :goodvibes HEY! Would you be coming down THIS Thanksgiving??!!

So I just binge read your report, and it was great! Thanks for sharing, despite the not great aspects of your trip with the CMs and the stomach bug :(
Thank you, so glad I kept your interest for the whole thing! Overall I have to put this in the "good trip" category, just not up there with our "best" trips. But all the more reason for a Thanksgiving redo this year :thumbsup2

And I'm glad you got to eat in the Castle! My DH and I just made our first trip in April, and I was lucky enough to score a reservation there, despite only booking a month before the trip. But yea, I couldn't hear the whole Wishing Ceremony thing either, so you're not the only one!
We got our CRT reservation about a month before that trip, too! Anything is possible. I hope you enjoyed your meal there, was it breakfast?
Weird about the ceremony, I wonder if it depends on where you sit in the restaurant? Oh well, at least my boys didn't really care to hear it lol

Will do! We usually have lunch around 11 and dinner around 5. Does that sound like a good plan for when we have to eat QS meals?
11 should be good ::yes:: 5, hmmm....... might be tough some days in some parks. We found the QS lines most out of control in HS and MK, not as bad in Epcot and AK. I guess it'll depend on the day, and just because it was a bit nuts last year doesn't mean it will be this year. But just to be safe, maybe don't wait to get on line until everyone is dying of hunger lol!

Oh, I'm in! Gonna go read it now...
Great! I'd love to have you along :)

Thank you so much for reading and staying with me :) I look forward to finishing your current TR and reading your new one after your next trip - in 42 days!!

I've really enjoyed reading along. I will keep going with my current trip report but am making no promises about a new one. I can't believe it is 42 days to the next trip - I will be so busy at work over the next couple of months it will be here before I know it!

I know it's silly to let the attitudes and shortcomings of the resort/resorts CM's to affect my whole trip, and honestly while there I didn't. And it wasn't about the room/sewage issue: that can happen anywhere at anytime and as long as they were willing to move us, in my eyes that was enough. It was the stuff afterwards that got under my skin and I guess-no, I know-I'm not that good at "letting it go" :snooty: Plus pretty much as soon as those issues started getting out of my head the sickness kicked in so it was one blow after the other!

I keep thinking how I would react to a situation like this but I understand there can be thinks that break or things got missed...But that's where they should've went above and beyond to make sure they resolved the issue instead of letting it spiral down to a worse situation. Isn't excellent customer service why Disney is held to a higher standard?

Sad this trip report is over. I'm sure with stomach bug and room issues it wasn't the ideal Disney trip. I am really glad I found it and you! The TR and you have been very helpful with our planning for this time of year! Here is hoping this Thanksgiving trip is Amazing! :drinking1

Sad this trip report is over. I'm sure with stomach bug and room issues it wasn't the ideal Disney trip. I am really glad I found it and you! The TR and you have been very helpful with our planning for this time of year! Here is hoping this Thanksgiving trip is Amazing! :drinking1

Aw thank you so much for that Whitney, so very sweet :hug: I'm glad you found me also and I hope we get to meet up in Nov. :goodvibes Yes, here's hoping we BOTH have amazing trips!!!!

I had started reading this awhile ago, but then lost track of it. I just read the entire thing (I just started from the beginning again rather than trying to remember where I had left off..)

1) That whole room issue would have really bothered me. Good for you for standing up to the manager and demanding that the bathroom be cleaned properly.
2) Being sick at Disney is the worst! Luckily you were still able to make it to your princess breakfast!
3) I love the decorations at Epcot! When we went in January the Christmas trees were all still up, but I don't remember seeing many other decorations in the parks...
4) You've given me some things to think about with all of your food pictures...

Now to try and get caught up on your January trip report!

I've been binge-reading your TR all morning and it's AWESOME! I just got to the part where they FINALLY cleaned the bathroom and I have to comment before I go back and read the rest! First, you were MORE than patient…I swear, I would have lost it looonnnngggg before you did. Second, I think it's totally ridiculous that they gave you a "check-out time," and didn't have someone come help to move you. I had a similar situation happen at The CR years ago…we got back to our room around 11pm and there was water dripping all over our things in the bathroom and the sinks. It was coming from above…ewwww. Anyway, I called the front desk and a maintenance guy came within 5 minutes. After he looked and said it needed to be fixed, he called the front desk and they sent up a valet to move us down the hall, AND they gave us a $500 credit. The manager even called the next day to see if we were satisfied, which we were. That's what should happen in a bad situation like that. What happened to you is coming from VERY bad management.

I took a solo trip this past December to see the last of the Osbourne lights…I am REALLY sad to see them go :(

Anyway, loving your report but I need to go work on mine so I'll have to finish up later! Can't wait!

By the way, your report has me googling "Thanksgiving 2017!" Lol…Of course, I would have to take the kids out for 2.5 days so I'm not sure how that would go over. On the other hand, Thanksgiving 2017 falls on my mom's birthday! That would be awesome! I didn't realize all the trees and decorations would be up already…you've definitely got me thinking.

Hi ladies! Thank you both for commenting! My stupid computer hasn't been letting me use the multi-quote feature lately for some reason so I had to repost your whole comments, sorry!
I had started reading this awhile ago, but then lost track of it. I just read the entire thing (I just started from the beginning again rather than trying to remember where I had left off..)

1) That whole room issue would have really bothered me. Good for you for standing up to the manager and demanding that the bathroom be cleaned properly.
2) Being sick at Disney is the worst! Luckily you were still able to make it to your princess breakfast!
3) I love the decorations at Epcot! When we went in January the Christmas trees were all still up, but I don't remember seeing many other decorations in the parks...
4) You've given me some things to think about with all of your food pictures...

Now to try and get caught up on your January trip report!
I hope you never experience a room issue like we did! It's been so long now that I've completely gotten over it, unless I start thinking about it again too much lol! And yes being sick there sucks, I remember you had some time during your last trip that you weren't feeling well at all and it put a damper on at least one of your days. I was so nervous about both these issues when Steve and I went in January but thank goodness we lucked out in both!
As to #4......that's always the problem when reading TR's and dining reports, isn't it :crazy: Totally screws up any current plans you have going!
Thanks again for finishing my report :hug:

I've been binge-reading your TR all morning and it's AWESOME! I just got to the part where they FINALLY cleaned the bathroom and I have to comment before I go back and read the rest! First, you were MORE than patient…I swear, I would have lost it looonnnngggg before you did. Second, I think it's totally ridiculous that they gave you a "check-out time," and didn't have someone come help to move you. I had a similar situation happen at The CR years ago…we got back to our room around 11pm and there was water dripping all over our things in the bathroom and the sinks. It was coming from above…ewwww. Anyway, I called the front desk and a maintenance guy came within 5 minutes. After he looked and said it needed to be fixed, he called the front desk and they sent up a valet to move us down the hall, AND they gave us a $500 credit. The manager even called the next day to see if we were satisfied, which we were. That's what should happen in a bad situation like that. What happened to you is coming from VERY bad management.

I took a solo trip this past December to see the last of the Osbourne lights…I am REALLY sad to see them go :(

Anyway, loving your report but I need to go work on mine so I'll have to finish up later! Can't wait!

By the way, your report has me googling "Thanksgiving 2017!" Lol…Of course, I would have to take the kids out for 2.5 days so I'm not sure how that would go over. On the other hand, Thanksgiving 2017 falls on my mom's birthday! That would be awesome! I didn't realize all the trees and decorations would be up already…you've definitely got me thinking.

Hello there and thank you so much for coming over! I hate when work, kids, etc. get in the way of my Dis binge-reading lol.
Ah, I wish our story was similar to yours as far as how we were treated with our room situation :sad2: but I'm very glad yours turned out so well. I truly believe it was all because of the particular CM's on duty those couple of days. Now, would a different manager have been any better there? Who knows :confused3 I do hate that it put such a cloud over our trip and that the kids could tell how frustrated and even angry we were. And when we were figuring out where to stay this Thanksgiving I couldn't bring myself to consider BW again......now my fear is that we walk in to BCV in Nov. and find that Stacey has been transferred :scared1::scared1:

You should try a Thanksgiving trip next year! I'm hoping it becomes a regular thing for us, depending how much it effects basketball for Ricky this year. Christopher is going to miss 1.5 days of school this year again, which for 5th grade isn't really a big deal here especially since one day is a half day. Ricky will miss 2 days of 9th grade. It wasn't a problem last year when he missed 2 days of 8th at all so we'll see how missing 2 days of high school goes. We're lucky our district isn't strict at all about missing days so it's really a matter of how difficult it is for him to make up the missed work.
But seeing all the decorations is really beautiful and special, and I think that would be so cool to be there for your moms holiday birthday, too :goodvibes

So I finally just finished reading your whole report and loved it! I'm so sorry you got sick there…such a bummer! DD got the stomach bug down there one year…luckily it lasted just one day and we were able to move stuff around (we missed MNSSHP that night but rescheduled it for two nights later), and the following day she was still pretty wiped out so I rented a stroller for her in AK even though she was 7yo at the time. I try to eat two yogurts a day to prevent myself from getting sick…I don't know if this is a myth or not, but it seems to work for me!

I also LOVE your Alice dress…super cute!

I need to try Narcoossee's one of these days, your meals looked yummy!

You mentioned seeing the magic portals in the MK and not stopping to do it. I think you were talking about Sorcerers of the MK. My kids LOVE this game! They like it even better then Agent P's adventures. You should definitely have them try it next trip! In my 2015 TR, there's a whole bunch of pictures of my kids doing this. DS would even go around by himself doing it because he loved it so much! If your kids like video games, they'll like it :)

All right…gotta go back to my own TR before I start binge reading any more, but I'll definitely be reading your other TR's soon! Loved it!

So I finally just finished reading your whole report and loved it! I'm so sorry you got sick there…such a bummer! DD got the stomach bug down there one year…luckily it lasted just one day and we were able to move stuff around (we missed MNSSHP that night but rescheduled it for two nights later), and the following day she was still pretty wiped out so I rented a stroller for her in AK even though she was 7yo at the time. I try to eat two yogurts a day to prevent myself from getting sick…I don't know if this is a myth or not, but it seems to work for me!
Thank you again for reading the whole report! Ugh yes, getting sick......sucked :( I'm glad when it happened to your DD it only lasted the one day and that's great you could reschedule MNSSHP. I'm glad I was better the next day so we all could enjoy our last park day. Even though I wasn't myself for awhile, at least I wasn't in bed like I was on Thanksgiving :crazy2:

I also LOVE your Alice dress…super cute!
Thanks! Hot Topic - lots of cool Disney stuff there :thumbsup2

I need to try Narcoossee's one of these days, your meals looked yummy!
It's SO good. I kind of wanted to go to Citricos this coming Nov. instead of Narcoossee's, not that anything was wrong with Narcoossee's AT ALL. But Ricky and Chris both wanted Narcoossee's again. And the more I think about it the more psyched I am to be going back!

You mentioned seeing the magic portals in the MK and not stopping to do it. I think you were talking about Sorcerers of the MK. My kids LOVE this game! They like it even better then Agent P's adventures. You should definitely have them try it next trip! In my 2015 TR, there's a whole bunch of pictures of my kids doing this. DS would even go around by himself doing it because he loved it so much! If your kids like video games, they'll like it :)
Yes, Sorcerer's of the MK. I remember seeing the pics of your kids doing it! I'm going to try talking them into it again and if they don't agree, I may just have to pick up a pack of cards, start doing it myself, and make them jealous lol.

See you over on your TR :goodvibes

Hi, Ariane. I really enjoyed reading your TR. Love your sense of humor! :rotfl2: And you have such a sweet family! I'm sorry your trip wasn't 100% great, but it seems like you made some nice memories and I'm envious that you get to go so often to make more! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing!

Hi, Ariane. I really enjoyed reading your TR. Love your sense of humor! :rotfl2: And you have such a sweet family! I'm sorry your trip wasn't 100% great, but it seems like you made some nice memories and I'm envious that you get to go so often to make more! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing!
Hi there, and thank you for reading and the nice compliment on my family! I guess I'll keep them ;) We definitely had a few more "bumps" that trip than we normally do but in the end we were able to enjoy ourselves and now that time has gone by, I can pretty much look at it as an overall good trip!

I see you have a trip next month, I hope you and your family have a great time pixiedust: Steve and I just last weekend booked a quickie adults only 4 night trip 8/27-8/31 so yay for both of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter