Give us a good middle name...

Catherine is lovely. I'd probably pair it with something a little less common.

Catherine Elodie

Catherine Anneliese

Catherine Julianna

Catherine Maeve

Catherine Sylvia

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was surprised to see it listed. I love Maeve.

I think 3 syllables, 1 syllable, 3 syllables would have a nice ring to it.

What about a family name- for example your maiden name or one of her Grandmother's maiden names? Those can be a very nice way to keep those names "in the family" . I also like seeing a feminine name such as Catherine paired with a not so feminine middle name....

DD's middle name is Florence (great-grandmother's name) - that would be nice with Catherine.

Our DD's name is Katherine Aileen but DH really wanted Katherine Mae..

Love the name Katherine - there are so many nice versions of it. Our daughter (5) goes by Katie now but we also call her Kate...and I just think it is a name that can grow with her as she gets older. I always like more classic names - no "unique" spelling for me either!

We like Katherine Aileen too, but Aileen is a family name and it is already the middle name of the new babies sister.

OOh, I like Catherine Rose, Catherine Ava and Catherine Elise. This is my sister's new baby and the baby shower is tomorrow. She asked us to come with middle names. The thing is their last name starts with a D so an A middle name will make her initials CAD. My sister is already BAD and my niece is SAD!

What about a family name- for example your maiden name or one of her Grandmother's maiden names? Those can be a very nice way to keep those names "in the family" . I also like seeing a feminine name such as Catherine paired with a not so feminine middle name....

We would love to do this but the available maiden names are Coward and Fulcher. Not so pretty...

We would love to do this but the available maiden names are Coward and Fulcher. Not so pretty...

Earlier I voted for Grace since that's DD's name. I chose Grace because it was my Grandmother's name. Look back at grandparents or other relatives and try to choose a name from someone that was really important to you or your spouse.

My name is Katharine (dif spelling than yours) but my middle name is Claire. I've always like my name. :)

I would use an old family name.

I also used Grace for one of my dd's because it was on both dh's and my side.:thumbsup2

My DD is Grace Leah ( the baby's cousin) . Grace was our grandmother's name. We had a grandmother Aileen, but that is the baby's sister's middle name. I always love the name Grace, it is so classic.

My DD's name is Catherine Nicole. :goodvibes

Her sister is Elizabeth, so that ruled that one out. ;)

We almost named her Laura Catherine, but in the end didn't want to call her by her middle name. (no offense to anyone who chooses that, but DH's brother is called by his middle name and it has caused him problems, so we didn't want to go that route).

Is there a name from the family you can use as a middle name? Grandmother, great-grandmother, aunt etc. Some people even use a family last name as a middle name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter