Give me your Top Seven Places to Eat ...

emmaleigh47

Mouseketeer
Still in the planning stages....

Looking for your top 7 or 10 restaurants and WHY ... not just "because I love it" but specifically why you love it.

Thanks much!

Great Week - Ate at Kona's, Tutto, Le Cellier, Captain's Grill, Crystal Place with a family who had never been to WDW. They all loved it even the 16 years boy (Meat and Potatoes). DD (19 yrs) love the Salmond and raved about the huge Scallops. party::bday:

Ill give you my top one restaurant and why???
Yak n Yeti I love the atmosphere...the menu is full of options...the servers are amazing..desert is huge...chidlrens are very welcomes...and it has a nice spot in the park@!

I don't have 7 and we are not big Disney diners, but here goes.

5.Cosmic Rays
4.Rain Forrest Cafe (Animal Kingdom)
3.T-Rex
2.House of Blues
1.Le Cellier

Fultons - excellent shellfish
Cali Grill - killer pork and the setting is gorgeous
50's Prime Time - good home cooking in a very fun atmosphere
Boma breakfast - huge selection of great breakfast food
Tutto Italia - cutie patootie waiters and very good food
Kona breakfast - great food and the pressed pot coffee is to die for
Blue Zoo - the best filet I ever had in my life

It's hard to choose just 7, I've had a lot of great meals at WDW over the years, but here goes...in no particular order:

Chefs de France - My fave place in Epcot, edges out previous fave Le Cellier for me. I've always had good service and like the menu selection. Enjoy people watching when seated at the windows. Fave menu items here include onion soup, Tarte a la Flamme Alsacienne, braised beef short ribs, and the profiteroles - LOVE that dessert! 1TS if you are on the DDP.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe - This is a good 1TS choice at Downtown Disney if you have a non-park day/night. You can even turn getting there into a fun journey by taking the boat from POR/POFQ. Wait staff are friendly and there's a lot to choose from on the menu. I loved the macadamia nut crusted chicken breast, crab cakes, and pizza.

Le Cellier - Even though this is no longer my #1 in Epcot, I still really like this place. The Mushroom Filet is my fave meal, in all the times we have been here I haven't been able to break the habit and order something else. It's all about the risotto :laughing: Being a carb addict I also love the pretzel bread, and the cheese soup is good, too. For desserts, I'd pick the creme brulee over the whiskey cake. This is 1TS on DDP, but good luck getting an ADR!

Liberty Tree Tavern - This is my fave TS in the Magic Kingdom. Granted there aren't a lot of TS options there :laughing: We only do lunch here, don't care for the dinner menu. Good choices here (IMO) include the pot roast, William Penn chicken pasta, caramel apple tart and ooey gooey toffee cake. 1TS on DDP.

Flying Fish Cafe - Outstanding! Love the food, atmosphere, and service!! You can take a nice stroll around the Boardwalk after dinner, too. The potato crusted snapper is the signature dish, for good reason - just amazing! 2TS on DDP.

Narcoossee's - Another great place for seafood, this time at Grand Floridian. Pretty surroundings, nice airy atmosphere with a view of the water and MK. Loved the crab cakes, surf & turf, and frozen mango margarita, but nothing beats the almond-crusted cheesecake - one of the best desserts at WDW :cloud9: 2TS on DDP.

California Grill - This is a sentimental favorite, my family used to come here when it was a dinner show long before it was California Grill. I've always had good service, but I admit that the last few visits have come with noisy crowds and long waits for my table. The view and the food usually makes up for it though. I love the flatbread apps (flatbreads are currently not on the menu though, hopefully they'll be back when I go in September), filet of beef and pork tenderloin have been past faves. The warm chocolate cake is also a great way to end the meal with a nice glass of wine. 2TS on DDP.

Happy Dining!

It's hard to choose just 7, I've had a lot of great meals at WDW over the years, but here goes...in no particular order:

Chefs de France - My fave place in Epcot, edges out previous fave Le Cellier for me. I've always had good service and like the menu selection. Enjoy people watching when seated at the windows. Fave menu items here include onion soup, Tarte a la Flamme Alsacienne, braised beef short ribs, and the profiteroles - LOVE that dessert! 1TS if you are on the DDP.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe - This is a good 1TS choice at Downtown Disney if you have a non-park day/night. You can even turn getting there into a fun journey by taking the boat from POR/POFQ. Wait staff are friendly and there's a lot to choose from on the menu. I loved the macadamia nut crusted chicken breast, crab cakes, and pizza.

Le Cellier - Even though this is no longer my #1 in Epcot, I still really like this place. The Mushroom Filet is my fave meal, in all the times we have been here I haven't been able to break the habit and order something else. It's all about the risotto :laughing: Being a carb addict I also love the pretzel bread, and the cheese soup is good, too. For desserts, I'd pick the creme brulee over the whiskey cake. This is 1TS on DDP, but good luck getting an ADR!

Liberty Tree Tavern - This is my fave TS in the Magic Kingdom. Granted there aren't a lot of TS options there :laughing: We only do lunch here, don't care for the dinner menu. Good choices here (IMO) include the pot roast, William Penn chicken pasta, caramel apple tart and ooey gooey toffee cake. 1TS on DDP.

Flying Fish Cafe - Outstanding! Love the food, atmosphere, and service!! You can take a nice stroll around the Boardwalk after dinner, too. The potato crusted snapper is the signature dish, for good reason - just amazing! 2TS on DDP.

Narcoossee's - Another great place for seafood, this time at Grand Floridian. Pretty surroundings, nice airy atmosphere with a view of the water and MK. Loved the crab cakes, surf & turf, and frozen mango margarita, but nothing beats the almond-crusted cheesecake - one of the best desserts at WDW :cloud9: 2TS on DDP.

California Grill - This is a sentimental favorite, my family used to come here when it was a dinner show long before it was California Grill. I've always had good service, but I admit that the last few visits have come with noisy crowds and long waits for my table. The view and the food usually makes up for it though. I love the flatbread apps (flatbreads are currently not on the menu though, hopefully they'll be back when I go in September), filet of beef and pork tenderloin have been past faves. The warm chocolate cake is also a great way to end the meal with a nice glass of wine. 2TS on DDP.

Happy Dining!

Ok you must be my Dusney Dining twin --- Chef France was one of the best meals I had last time we went -- and I rarely hear people mention this place. We ate at LTT for lunch TWICE last year because the William Penn Pasta and Ooey Gooey Cake was SOOO good!

Le Cellier is on the plan for this trip -- especially since someone said that I could sub the mushroom risotto for cream cheese mashed potatoes. I have been fantasizing about this place for YEARS just hope I can get in this year!

Flying Fish --- never ate there... Nacooses is on the tap this year for the first time...

Thanks for your honest advice!

In no particular order:

1. Le Cellier -- outstanding cheese soup, filet and cream cheesed mashed potatos. Plus they have my favorite dessert in all of Disney -- Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake
2. Fulton's -- holds special meaning to me as it is first restaurant at Disney DH ever took me to; love the Alaskan King Crab Claws. Always have had great service. Only problem is it is NOT on the dining plan
3. Yak & Yeti -- great themed restaurant and very good food -- loved the sweet and sour pork (and I don't normally like this type of food)
4. Crystal Palace -- can you say "puffed french toast"? One of my favorite foods at Disney; and you gotta love Pooh and friends
5. Plaza Restaurant -- reminds me of an old time ice cream parlor. Great sandwiches and out of this world milk shakes and desserts
6. Biergarten -- love the entertainment; sitting and meeting new people and love the buffet
7. Rose & Crown -- have always had exceptionally friendly CM's and good food; DH really likes the Beer Sampler here too

Here you go....not really in order...I started out that way and got off track!!

1. Victoria and Albert's...the PERFECT dining experience. The food, the service, the atmosphere, the wine, I could go on and on and on!!!
2. Kona...the tuna oscar and the sticky wings!
3. Boma...the different flavors and not just simple boring buffet fare.
4. Grand Tea at the Grand Floridian...I just love tea, the atmosphere, the UN park like atomosphere!
5. Biergarten....fun atmosphere, hearty food, good wine and beer flights.
6. Sci Fi...LOVE IT! FUN and great burgers and onion rings and shakes and drinks!!
7. Flying Fish...the food is FABULOUS if you love fish and the service was fantastic!
and Crystal Palace (tie)...love the atmosphere, the characters, the wide array of food!!

This is tough since I love Disney Dining!

1. House of Blues - as locals we find ourselves at HOB all the time especially before going to see a movie. We've also had good or at least decent service, I love love love the shrimp po'boy and the Elwood chicken sandwich but there is also a great pasta and mushrooms dish which is good but heavy and we love the cornbread. It's fun and just a good place to go.

2. BOMA - Oh goodness gracious how I love the food here. I think I like it a little better for breakfast though.

3. Jiko - The beef shortribs are heaven! It's elegant, nice place to go. Also love the flatbreads and the taste of africa appetizer - not a huge fan of their desserts though.

4. Kona Cafe - Especially for breakfast and lunch. Love their sticky wings, love the beef salad, love the kona club sandwich, love their desserts. So good.

5. Il Mulino - This place is one of my favorite Italian restaurants period! Classy and pricey but worth it. Love their rice balls, every dish I've had there has been fantastic, love the service.

6. Fulton's - This is a new addition, we just went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and had one of the best meals, the crab and lobster were heaven, the portobello fries were delicious, the key lime pie martini was outstanding and the desserts were so so good.

7. Citricos - Went for my birthday had one of the best meals ever! We had the cheese plate, I had incredible fish with risotto, the desserts were outstanding, rice balls also very good here, and the service was amazing and I was completely spoiled for my birthday. Hope that helps.

California Grill, Kona Cafe, Jiko, Boma, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, and an extra one...O'hana.

I am not a lover of Disney food in general since the dining plans made Disney mass produce most food in order to feed the increase quantities of diners.

Most of the places I like are due to having something other than the standard fare that is in every TS restaurant and the standard burger/fries at the CS locations.

Biergarten - good entertainment and good food (I'm German which could account for my love of this place.

Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch) - this is a must do every trip. We found this darling during our dining plan trip. The food is not the standard TS food menu. Everything we have had is great.

Turf Club - this restaurant is a nice quiet place after a busy day in the parks. The food here is starting to morph into the 'standard" TS menu.

Plaza Restaurant - good sandwiches.

Chefs de France - always had a good meal here. Nice place to people watch if you have a table by the window.

Wolfgang Puck - great food and nice atmosphere over looking the lake at DTD.

Sci-Fi Drive In - This is a must do for us every trip and we have never been disappointed. We get a kick out of the old movie clips and trailers and the food has never been bad.

Well...our family consists of 20/early 30 something kids with grandkids.

Their/our favorite places are:
Ragland Road, Artist Point, Blue Zoo, IL Mulino, Sanaa, Yak and Yeti,
Crystal Palace, (burgers at Picabo), Flying Fish, Le Bistro.

(France, Germany, Mexico and Norway for lunch in EPCOT any day of the week)

Garden Grove/Swan for breakfast

California Grill- love the setting of being able to look out over the Magic Kingdom while you eat. The food is delicious and I like that they usually have specials.

Yachtsman Steakhouse-Again, a nice (although dark) setting. The food is delicious, especially the desserts! It's cool to be able to see the butchers when you walk in. I also love this area of Disney with the BoardWalk just across the lake.

Crystal Palace-I love their breakfast buffet. The lunch buffet was also quite good. It's nice to have a place to sit and relax in the Magic Kingdom. The characters are cute, though it's just my husband and I so that's not really what's bringing us back there. I just love the tremendous variety they have.

Kona Cafe-delicious, different cuisine. I like the way they prepare things in a different way here. Their desserts are also amazing and they have the show kitchen for desserts. The breakfasts are also fantastic.

Narcoossee's-one of the few seafood restaurants. Nice to have a late dinner here and watch the water pageant float by and head outside to watch Wishes (or watch from inside the restaurant as they dim the lights and pipe in the music).

Jiko-fun to head over to the AKL. The food is amazing, and again I like that you can order things you will not find on every other menu in the world. Out of this world "mac and cheese" that accompanies the filet (but you can order it as a side).

Citricos-great show kitchen, great food, and awesome desserts (noticing a trend here?) Love being in the GF as well. Always great entertainment going on in the lobby, and it's easy to reach with the monorail.

Wow! I never realized what a difficult list this would be to make...

Here's my top 7 (but this list is likely to change at any given time)

1. 'Ohana - the amazing food, fun atmosphere, and breathtaking views of Cinderella Castle and Magic Kingdom fireworks make this a must do

2. Rose & Crown - I had my best meal at Disney ever here a few years ago and no other restaurant has topped it yet. Cast members here are always some of the friendliest you are likely to encounter.

3. Crystal Palace - nothing can beat getting to Magic Kingdom before park opening and having breakfast surrounded by our friends from the 100 Acre Woods and finishing breakfast just in time to catch a ride on Splash Mountain.

4. Le Cellier - without a doubt, one of the best steaks I have ever had was here. And everyone knows the cheddar cheese soup and bread sticks are to die for.

5. 50's Prime Time Cafe - If you want to get full this is the place to eat. The portions are always ample and the interaction with cast members is hilarious! (And the PB&J milkshakes are awesome too!)

6. Boma - Amazing food in an amazing setting... 'nuff said.

7. Raglan Road - was surprised how much we liked this place. Nice atmosphere and an interesting menu...

Honorable mentions: Coral Reef, 1900 Park Fare, and Les Chefs de France

I also want to mention that we usually do the dining plan and have never tried any of the signature dining restaurants, but someday plan on trying California Grill, Artist Point, and Jiko.

:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter