• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Give me your toddler snack list and waiting in line list!

We like the chocolate covered fiber one bars. It seems like they never eat well enough on vacation so I try to pack in some fiber where ever I can!

The best waiting toys for my kids have always been vehicles or animals, like maybe a handful of sea animals on the day you go to Epcot; a king, queen, knight, and horse on MK day; race cars on HS day, and a couple of baby/parent animal pairs on AK day, like the ones from Playmobile or that company that displays in Michael's and Hobby Lobby.

As for snacks, I'd have an eye towards protein and fiber, as others have mentioned. There are carts in every park that sell fruit cups or whole fresh fruit, which could be combined with a protein dip like almond butter w/honey, or Greek yogurt. Raisins would be good and portable. There's a place in Liberty Square that sells baked sweet potatoes, and Auntie Gravity's in Tomorrowland has yogurt smoothies. The Cheshire Cafe in Fantasyland has cereal and milk, I believe. Or you could bring your own, cheaper bowls of cereal and just buy the milk there.

Have a great time!

If you are looking for something healthy(er), Costco sells Annie's organic bunny snacks in big variety packs. You can get either the gummy ones or the cracker ones. Super yummy (even for a 20 year old.) and I agree with the squeezable applesauce pouches. Those things were beast when I was working in a development center with toddlers.

Military Wife & Disney Lover. be there December 15-18.

DS is almost 2... he likes cars, we were given a small vinylmation mickey (and trade it every so often for a "new" one) he also likes the mini magna doodle.

As for snacks, he loves anything in a pouch so I buy the fruit/ veggi combos and he eats those, applesauce, frozen go-gurts (they melt by the time he eats it), fruit strips from target, cheerios.

Ritz crackers
Cheese sticks
Dried cherries, raisins, apricots
Yogurt
Water
Trail mix (teddy Graham's, goldfish pretzels, dried cherries, m and ms, marshmallows)
Nothing for lines. Twins play together, we chat.
Purell
Wet ones
Donuts (for a treat snack sometimes)

Dd has a peanut allergy so we don't usually purchase snacks. This gets us through the morning. We break for lunch around noon.

Someone just mentioned Cheerios. They would be great in the trail mix!

Someone mentioned glow sticks for a diversion (or a night parade)--my local Walgreens had them for 50 cents a piece last week.

My MIL just brought over some Scoobie Doo cinnamon crackers shaped like dog biscuits. They are really good and I think you can get them at Family Dollar for cheap.

I really liked those fruit/veggie pouches for a somewhat healthy snack. My almost 3 year old was eating those until recently. Beechnut stopped using the Disney designs on the packages and now she won't eat them!

Hey I dont know if you are still looking for things to occupy your children's time in lines, if needed

I was in walmart today, and if you go to the aisles that have lesser priced items, they have a lot of cool Disney stuff. I know a lot of people we saying glow sticks, and they have Minnie Wand glow sticks that looked pretty awesome!

I don't know if that helps at all, but I would definitely take a look if you are still interested!

I've packed pretzel sticks, Gerber Puffs (more for distraction than sustenance), Vanilla Chex, Goldfish, Finding Nemo fruit chewies, and those squeeze pouch things with applesauce.

As for lines, I'll be wearing her and she's usually really good once she's in the carrier and she likes to people watch. Plus we'll have my parents who will bend over backward to make her happy.

We have found that using the empty M&M tubes to pack snacks works great. We usually put cereal in them, but you could use them for any of these ideas. It keeps them from getting all smashed in the backpack. The Creative DISigns group on here make some really cool labels for using the tubes for pressed pennys that make snack tubes fun as well.

Someone mentioned glow sticks for a diversion (or a night parade)--my local Walgreens had them for 50 cents a piece last week.

My MIL just brought over some Scoobie Doo cinnamon crackers shaped like dog biscuits. They are really good and I think you can get them at Family Dollar for cheap.

I really liked those fruit/veggie pouches for a somewhat healthy snack. My almost 3 year old was eating those until recently. Beechnut stopped using the Disney designs on the packages and now she won't eat them!

Smart girl!

Hey I dont know if you are still looking for things to occupy your children's time in lines, if needed

I was in walmart today, and if you go to the aisles that have lesser priced items, they have a lot of cool Disney stuff. I know a lot of people we saying glow sticks, and they have Minnie Wand glow sticks that looked pretty awesome!

I don't know if that helps at all, but I would definitely take a look if you are still interested!

Awesome!

I've packed pretzel sticks, Gerber Puffs (more for distraction than sustenance), Vanilla Chex, Goldfish, Finding Nemo fruit chewies, and those squeeze pouch things with applesauce.

As for lines, I'll be wearing her and she's usually really good once she's in the carrier and she likes to people watch. Plus we'll have my parents who will bend over backward to make her happy.

Vanilla chex??? Sounds yummy!

We have found that using the empty M&M tubes to pack snacks works great. We usually put cereal in them, but you could use them for any of these ideas. It keeps them from getting all smashed in the backpack. The Creative DISigns group on here make some really cool labels for using the tubes for pressed pennys that make snack tubes fun as well.

Would have never thought of this...thanks!

We are going to bring those yogurt tubes of chobani greek yogurt for dd. I'll freeze them and keep them in a cooler on our drive down to WDW.

Kmart sells these snack containers with Disney themes for like $2 - I'm going to bring a few and fill them up with raisins/cheerios, etc.

Waiting in line list:
Just don't do it! You should be able to plan your day such that you never have to wait more than 10 minutes max, especially with a little kid.

Agreed. I've never waited in a really long ride with my toddlers. If it's posted longer than 15-20min we don't get in line. Under that seems to be fine there is usually lots to look at.

my DD is so happy to have a juice box when we go out, so i can give her one while we wait in line... good too b/c she holds it with two hands so that will keep hers off the nasty hand rails, hopefully, lol. i also plan on bringing the baby food pouches of fruit and veggies. She loved the new Sprout greek yogurt and fruit one. It has 100 calories and 4 grams of protein.

Toddler snack mix.....under 3-4 yr olds.

Mini pretzels,rice chex mix, goldfish, Cheerios multigrain, mini m&ms

After seeing many toddlers choke please consider your child's chewing ability before giving them dried fruit, grapes, nuts, marshmallows, or popcorn.....ymmv.

Toddler snack mix.....under 3-4 yr olds.

Mini pretzels,rice chex mix, goldfish, Cheerios multigrain, mini m&ms

After seeing many toddlers choke please consider your child's chewing ability before giving them dried fruit, grapes, nuts, marshmallows, or popcorn.....ymmv.

Choking or coughing/gagging/throwing up?

We did baby led weaning. I was comfortable giving DD all of those before one except for the nuts and that's only because she doesn't have molars to break them down properly (though she will soon).

Choking or coughing/gagging/throwing up?

We did baby led weaning. I was comfortable giving DD all of those before one except for the nuts and that's only because she doesn't have molars to break them down properly (though she will soon).

I mean full on choking, I BLW too, my kids were fine with many of those foods but a lot of kids have trouble and I have had to heimlich 2 kids on different occasions in public for choking...as not not breathing and turning blue....just warning parents to consider their child's eating ability before following a recipe they read on a message board.......of course whenever we talk about kids it's always "ymmv"

We are going to bring those yogurt tubes of chobani greek yogurt for dd. I'll freeze them and keep them in a cooler on our drive down to WDW.

Kmart sells these snack containers with Disney themes for like $2 - I'm going to bring a few and fill them up with raisins/cheerios, etc.

Going to have to find those containers...

Agreed. I've never waited in a really long ride with my toddlers. If it's posted longer than 15-20min we don't get in line. Under that seems to be fine there is usually lots to look at.

Good to know :thumbsup2

my DD is so happy to have a juice box when we go out, so i can give her one while we wait in line... good too b/c she holds it with two hands so that will keep hers off the nasty hand rails, hopefully, lol. i also plan on bringing the baby food pouches of fruit and veggies. She loved the new Sprout greek yogurt and fruit one. It has 100 calories and 4 grams of protein.

Juice box is a great idea! DS hasn't mastered it yet...but we can work on that!

We love the fruit pouches too and will be bringing some on the plane...The mott's apple sauce pouches are TSA approved.

I have been taking my girls to disney since my oldest was 11 months and idea never planned snack for waiting in line. I have never waited more than 20 minutes for a ride and you are always moving ,y girls have never wanted to eat during that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter