• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Give me your favorite dining spots...

kdlucie

Earning My Ears
We are headed back to DW 11/18-11/25/16. We will be doing a split stay - POR for 3 nights and Contemporary for 4 nights. We have never stayed in either and will be me, the hubby, my two boys (10 and 8) and daughter (4, almost 5). We are entertaining the idea of buying the dining plan just for the latter part of the trip to do a good amount of character meals then.

We were there in Nov 2013 and now we are looking for some new ideas for dining - great for kids and a variety. Last time we enjoyed where we went but did feel like we had a lot of the same foods throughout the week (lots of thanksgiving type foods). We are also looking for some fun experiences too especially since my princess-adoring-daughter who was not even 2 last time will love it this time!

Last time we went to Whispering Canyon, Liberty Tree, Garden Grill (character meal) and Tutto Italia for dinner
We went to BOG, Flamming BBQ for lunch
We went to Tusker House (character meal) and Boma (check out day) for breakfast (usually do breakfast in our room though).

Any and all advice would be amazing!! Thanks to all.

One of my favorites is right at POR, Boatwrights! Definitely Akershus or CRT for the daughter.

CRT, 1900 Park Fare, and Askerhaus are the Princess meals. None of them have Thanksgiving-type foods. They all three have different foods from each other. We have picky eaters so we did CRT and Askerhaus breakfasts and 1900 for dinner. This will be our first trip without a Princess meal :( DD is 9 and she thinks she's too "old" for Princesses.

CRT, 1900 Park Fare, and Askerhaus are the Princess meals. None of them have Thanksgiving-type foods. They all three have different foods from each other. We have picky eaters so we did CRT and Askerhaus breakfasts and 1900 for dinner. This will be our first trip without a Princess meal :( DD is 9 and she thinks she's too "old" for Princesses.
I know I am relishing this phase as it won't last :) Are either of those 3 princess meals better for 2 big brothers?

When staying at CR, we like to go to the Wave. They have a great breakfast buffet, or you can order a la carte, and we really enjoy dinner there too. The petite filet on the kids menu has always been a favorite for my DS. (But checking the menus on allears it looks like this may be gone off the kids menu......:sad1:)

I'd recommend Biergarden. It is a favorite of my family (the kids love it)! Time your ADR for about a 15-30 minutes before the show starts. It's a lot of fun and the food is good. For our family it is a must do each trip even when paying out of pocket. We typically do lunch since the cost is less then dinner.

I know I am relishing this phase as it won't last :) Are either of those 3 princess meals better for 2 big brothers?

We went to all 3 princess meals with our 5y DD and 8y DS last trip and he liked them all and participated. He had a great interaction with the step sisters at 1900PF, enjoyed the sword at CRT, and participated in the parade with the characters at Akershus. I don't think you could go wrong with any. We went for dinners at all 3.

Last edited:

I would say of the three, 1900 Park Fare would be the best for him. The step sisters are so funny and interactive.

I would treat yourself to one breakfast at Crystal Palace. The food is good and such a fun character experience!

I agree with 1900 Park Fare! Anastasia and Drizzella are really great!! One of our favorites!!

Our favorite character meal is Lunch at Crystal Palace.
Trail's End has a fantastic dinner buffet and the atmosphere is really cool too.
I have two boys and we haven't done any Princess meals so I can't help you there. :)
[EDIT- Although, I do know several folks who have been to CRT and loved it!]

My boys, 8 and 5 loved Sci-Fi and we all liked Via Napoli and Columbia Harbor House, all of which have different type foods. We also liked Ohana 2 years ago.

We are hitting all of our favorites on our Sept trip - Garden Grill dinner, Akershus breakfast, BOG dinner, Hoop Dee Doo, Cape May Café breakfast.

We also love Via Napoli for dinner and Kona Café for breakfast! So sad they didn't make the line up this trip.

I'd recommend Biergarden. It is a favorite of my family (the kids love it)! Time your ADR for about a 15-30 minutes before the show starts. It's a lot of fun and the food is good. For our family it is a must do each trip even when paying out of pocket. We typically do lunch since the cost is less then dinner.

Absolutely! You've got to be a little adventurous, though. Some people just want to eat chicken nuggets and pizza all the time. They go to Biergarten and just complain about everything.

Since you are staying at the Contemporary - Chef Mickey's for breakfast! Also, O'hana is fabulous and just a short ride away!

Boatwrights at POR was a GREAT surprise. I had read mixed reviews. Service was great and the food....ahhhhh. I had the cheesy shrimp and grits and it made my eyes roll back in my head. Too much food yet I stuffed myself and ate it all as it was way to amazing to leave any lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter