• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Give Kids the World Podcast, Ludlow, MA

snooty3

Mouseketeer
Just attended GKTW fundraising in Ludlow, MA with other Dis-ers and the Podcast team. Had a wonderful time. Tara and her crew did an amazing job of organizing events for the whole weekend. She really raised the bar on how to put together a fundraiser. Thanks for the lively conversations at our table. Although I didn't get your names (Disney Store workers, bride to be, snack around the world and PF Change winner) it was great fun spending the day with you!

Glad you enjoyed the day and thank you for being a part of the whole effort to support this wonderful charity.

I agree, they did a great job!:thumbsup2
I had to leave early, but I got to hear the beginning of the podcast taping. Some thing about Pete's voice that is very soothing to me:mic:
Can't wait to hear how they did and the podcast itself :banana:

It really was great! We were only able to attend today's event, but had a lot of fun! DD LOVED it and as soon as we were in the parking lot, and she saw all the Disney stickers, etc on the cars, she said we were among "our peeps". ;)

OP, I was at your table! Bride to be, lol. It was such a great day. I was nervous going to an event by myself, but you all made it so easy and so much fun! Hope to see you all again soon :)

My wife and I had a great time! :cool1:

It was great to meet the podcast team!

Thanks for everyone's hard work :goodvibes

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves today!

Some of the highlights for me:

Pete: "Are you high?" - During the trivia challenge at the Friday night dinner (I did NOT come up with the questions!)

Kathy: "Holy crap!" - as the slip of paper was passed down the table with the fundraising total on it...

Hope everyone enjoyed the live auction at the end - wanted to add a little more dynamic fun to the fundraising...we meant to do it last time.

For anyone who attended any of this weekends events...if you took photos please please please if you could email or Dropbox them to me that would be awesome. I am going to work on a digital scrapbook that when complete will be available for purchase with 30% going to GKTW. Let's get the NE DIS meet total higher ;)

Scrooge McDuck fan (dh) and I have been on the boards for yrs, but had never listened to a podcast until the live one today. :confused3 Boy, have we been missing out! It was a great weekend and we can't wait for 2013! :goodvibes

Scrooge McDuck fan (dh) and I have been on the boards for yrs, but had never listened to a podcast until the live one today. :confused3 Boy, have we been missing out! It was a great weekend and we can't wait for 2013! :goodvibes

Did your DH win the auction for the Scrooge McDuck watch?

OP, I was at your table! Bride to be, lol. It was such a great day. I was nervous going to an event by myself, but you all made it so easy and so much fun! Hope to see you all again soon :)

Good luck next weekend Bryannem. Our table will be thinking of you. Hope you are enjoying those well won pins.

Cordially,

Trish & Paul

No, he did win the Mickey Mouse toddler games and I won the Beauty and the Beast frmed print. I loved meeting everyone including the Podcast members!

Hopefully the podcast will be up sometime this week. Go back and listen to some of the old podcasts especially the other Live podcasts.:mic:

Hey Bill, I like the lampshades :cool1:
My wife and I were at your table to your right, I remember the lamshade story :thumbsup2

Pinkerbell Enjoy your trip it's getting close!

-Matt

My wife and I were at your table to your right, I remember the lamshade story :thumbsup2

-Matt

Hopefully the podcast will be up sometime this week. Go back and listen to some of the old podcasts especially the other Live podcasts.:mic:

Did your DH win the auction for the Scrooge McDuck watch?

Ye DH got the watch, it is on our mantle right now! he loves it!

Thanks for a great time all. IF you are on facebook and want to see some pics of the qweekend please friend me as I will post them soon I hope.

Barbara Wojcie should be enough, if not message me for more :)

Glad he won the watch! If he wants to wear it all it should take is just a new battery. Its never been outside the box, leave alone worn, so it should start right up.

-Matt

That was one heck of a week. :crazy2: Nice to meet you and Julie (if I remember correctly).

Regrettably, Fallon (lyncecelia) and I weren't able to continue with helping plan, or attending this event... had a wedding to go to and a sporting event for one my children.

Sounds like everyone had a great time and things went really well, though!

Regrettably, Fallon (lyncecelia) and I weren't able to continue with helping plan, or attending this event... had a wedding to go to and a sporting event for one my children.

Sounds like everyone had a great time and things went really well, though!

Thanks for the update Tim. I was wondering where the two of you were. Hope to see you soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter