Give a CM Props at Guest Services

Tiffer

DIS Veteran
Ok. Ther are so many, what to hate threads, I thought it would be nice to start a thread that everytime you go to a WDW or DL themepark, you stop at guest services and Write the CM's name and where you encountered them and write them a compliment.

My DD and I have tried to do this our last few trips to DL and plan on doing the same at WDW in Dec. we try to spread some pixie dust and notice at least one CM who was extra special to us.

It is important that you WRITE it out on a compliment/complaint form, b/c I am told the verbal compliment never makes it past guest services.

Sometimes a CM takes an extra step or spreads some extra pixie dust that really makes me have a magical day. I son't think they get paid very much, so why not give them props!

After you do this, post it here!!!!

After a day at Epcot this summer, we went to Guest Services and filled out a compliment card about a wonderful cm that had given us some extra pixie dust. We were told at Guest Services that the cm would be recognized during their evening wrap up meeting. Hope the pixie dust got back to him that day since he had certainly made our day magical.

Would like to know the same - Rusty, which is your photo.

I loved looking at all of the pictures of the cast members. I never would have thought to do that !!

I'm writing compliment letters to Disney about these people, but figure I will go ahead and name them here as well:

Rona at Liberty Inn in World Showcase - She was fabulous. My Mom lost her wallet (guest relations was also fantastic) and didn't realize til she got up to the register to pay. Obviously my Mom was frantic. She was so sweet and nice to my Mom and gave her a free coke (which we tried to pay for later but she wouldn't let us! :sunny: ) as she could see how distraught she was. She was amazing.

Komori at San Angel Inn - So sweet and gracious. You made our dinner even more special.

Gayle at the Wedding Pavilion - We just wanted to look in the windows, but she invited us in and gave us a tour! She was sweet and funny and made my day.

Jill at City Hall/Main Street - She went out of her way to stamp my postcard. :thumbsup2

Brittney at The Emporium on Main Street - My friends ran into this CM and sang her praises.

Skipper Ryan at The Jungle Cruise - An AMAZING CM! He took a tired attraction and made it like new! He was fantastic! Like a "clean" version of Dane Cook.

Jean Rommel at Liberty Tree Tavern - Great, great service. So great, we gave him a $30 tip! And he earned every penny!!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm really going to try to keep this in mind on my trip next week.

Here's a question:

How do you compliment a character such as Chip or Genie, etc. ? Time and location maybe?

blondeheroine said:
Here's a question:

How do you compliment a character such as Chip or Genie, etc. ? Time and location maybe?

I'm not completly certain, but I believe it's almost the same way. Just make sure that you remember the park, location and time you are referring about. :thumbsup2

Gily Ann

I LOVE doing this! I went to City hall once about an interaction I wasn't even involved in. We watched this poor CM deal with a really irate guest and she NEVER lost her cool. I would have had my hands around the guy's neck, but she never lost her patience. I couldn't get close enough to see her name, but I did put the place and time.

I also just got back from the Hilton Head Resort at DVC and sent a couple of messages about CM's that work there. You can also do it via email, they will forward the comments to the correct managers.

How about a challenge? How many cool CM's can you find on your Disney trip?

I'm trying to figure out which one is Rusty. Is it the Friendship Captain?

TheRustyScupper said:
Thanks for taking my picture.

He'd tell us...but then he'd have to kill us! :teeth:

Dan: What great pictures. I think far too many of us take those smiling faces for granted and need to be reminded how hard everyone at Disney works to make it a special place for us. :goodvibes

Right I understand, that is why I didn't ask him. I don't want there to be any bloodshed.

a few that I can remember of the bat... I love Lipoa she comes to our table all the time when she sees us at O'hana!!

And at CP our favorite is Abdella whom we call La La.. he is really great!

And then there Sahara from Boma who dont mind giving my dsis refill on her vinegar where she use for her fried chicken.. dont ask me..

I promise to add their pics when I get home... right now I better get going before I get hooked ! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter